Balance Druid DPS incredibly low compared to others.

I have cleared SoO normal mode and wanna do heroic but can't keep up a guild for long because for some reason my damage is so damn low. On multitarget (above 6 or so) it is fine because that is as easy as a Hurricane. On anything below that I can't keep up any more than around 180k. On fights with many targets and movement like spoils it is as low as 130k.

On single target boss fights I surge is about 280k and then it gradually drops down to 180k and stays around that level, sometimes going lower. I know my rotation and fully understand it, having been on Icy Veins many a time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for my rotation I start off by putting down 3 shrooms on a boss before a fight and exploding them as soon as it is pulled. I am also one spell away from Lunar eclipse. So my first ability is the explosion, followed by Starfall. I then use Starsurge to get to Lunar eclipse, cast Starfall again followed by a Sunfire, then a Moonfire, in that order so that the Moonfire gets a little more powerful because of Lunar Shower. I then use Starfire all the way until I am out of the eclipse. As soon as I am out of the eclipse, I use a macro that contains Incarnation, Berserking, Celestial Alignment and Nature's Vigil. I then spam Starfire and one single dot as it applies both on a regular basis. I do this until they run out and I end up hitting Solar eclipse. I cast both of the DoTs in between Starfire/Wrath casts when they're about halfway through the duration. I also cast Starsurge whenever it is off cooldown and whenever it procs, instantly. Then when I get to Solar I do the exact same thing but with wrath, and applying Moonfire first, then Sunfire. I am also always using Starfall whenever it is off CD.

Initially, with my CDs and all that, I peak 280k. Then I gradually wittle down to about 180k to sometimes as low as 170k

This is my rotation for single target. For multitarget it is about the same except depending on the amount I just use the eclipsed DoT on all targets and then single target the one with most health. For a big group I just hurricane.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    ARMORY - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...antik/advanced

EDIT: TL;DR on the Rotation - it is exactly the same near enough to the 1 spell pre-lunar rotation in the moonkin guide of this forum.
    Last edited by V1ndictive; 2014-08-07 at 03:28 PM.

i don't know what you're doing but I'm 563 ilvl and i do about 300k on most fights and can burst 1m+ during lust when my goddamn trinket procs on time.

your opener is all wrong. stop trying to just copy a guide and learn what each of your abilities do, man. this is true about most classes, but, especially for moondruid. for instance - incarnation is 30s long and celestial alignment is 15, so, how much of your 3 minute cooldown do you think you're wasting casting slow-as-fuck starfires into solar?

you're probably not using your procs right either. everyone says "moonkin don't snapshot" but thats not really true. we just don't do it as religiously as other true dot classes. what do you think happens to your dps when you recast a dot "halfway through" when its a big juicy one with bloodlust/meta/nature's grace feeding you starsurge procs?

theres like 100% chance you're not using all the ss procs you can. you should install weak auras and set starsurge to an obnoxious audio trigger like "sonar" or something.

nature's grace is probably the most important spell to your dps. if you're suffering on multidot and movement fights it means you're not using enough of your nature's grace to hardcast spells into the next eclipse. too much moving with nature's grace up, or, too many dots eating up your fifteen seconds of nature's grace

the guide is a good starter point for people who have never played the class. since you've got the Obamacloak, CM transmog, and like a month of SoO under your belt i'm assuming thats not the case. if you wan't to do good dps you have to put down the guides and the askmrrobot and understand your character. stop thinking "what is the next ability to use in my rotation" and start thinking "what button can i press right now that will net me the most damage"

my advice would be to go into proving grounds and don't stop till you beat Endless 30. you literally cannot beat it as a moonkin without really understanding the damage-per-execute of your spells.
    Last edited by crunk; 2014-08-07 at 04:21 PM.

I am honestly finding it incredibly hard to work out boomkins. And I tell you, I really am using ALL SS procs as SOON as they happen. So how should I be using my DoTs? What should my opener be? What is YOUR rotation?

Honestly, I am just trying to learn.

Keyboard Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by V1ndictive View Post
    I am honestly finding it incredibly hard to work out boomkins. And I tell you, I really am using ALL SS procs as SOON as they happen. So how should I be using my DoTs? What should my opener be? What is YOUR rotation?

well first thing i noticed from your battle.net is:
    - no tier set bonus 2p or 4p
    - over the hitcap ( alot )
    - not on haste cap
    - change Frenzyied crystal of rage for the Immerseus bindings

getting the 4p tier is a MUST, its the biggest dps improvement.
    reforge ur hit into haste until u reach 15% hit and 10289 haste.
    all other reforges to crit.
    and get the immerseus trinket.

this should improve the dps the most.

I have the 10289 breakpoint, and was told not to go higher?

EDIT: Yeah, recheck my armory. I definitely have that much haste. And as for the hit, I agree but I don't know how to lower it. Already reforged and gemmed.

Keyboard Turner
    for hit part: try to avoid to gem green, spirit = hit

and yes u indeed have haste cap , srry.

for your rotation: u said u started with pre-lunar
    this is ok, but more for the aoe/multitarget fights

try to start:
    "Start fight either in a Solar eclipse or post-Solar"

mostly because u have the legendary gem and 2 good trinkets.
    should improve alot for most of the SoO fights

start in solar for most fights pre lunar if i think eclipse will line up better with a juicy solar phase or a damage buff for instance some adds will be spawning. sometimes i'll refresh dots as i'm leaving eclipse if they will fall off before i hit next eclipse. other times i wont if i'll be losing tons of nice buffs, particularly haste buffs, on the gamble that enough starsurge procs will take me to eclipse. i only dot things that will live for 10 seconds or more. i try to only dot 6 times before hardcasting, i put these dots up to do the most effective damage. i always use displacer beast/roar/nitro boots if im going to be moving for more than like three seconds. sometimes i stopcast to fire starsurge if its going to take too long to hardcast + fire the proc and it will mean losing some buffs i want to use to refresh my dots. this happens rarely. most of the time i ignore AE because hurricane sucks but sometimes i will AE if either the group's AE is bad or i hit solar at the start of an AE phase and have a proc or two going. rarely do i use hurricane more than once per cycle because of nature's grace uptime. if i've got lots of buffs sometime's i'll do 2 and eat the crawl back into lunar. i understand the damage that i'm taking and how much damage i can take and use barkskin/symbiosis/HT/healthstones accordingly. i never use that goddamn glyph of the stars because its like -75k dps right there for not being a moonkin. on multi-dot fights like galakras i will typically pick the two targets with the most health and focus on them. on fights like protectors i will keep dots on all targets unless there are more adds then i will keep dots on the kill target and spread my eclipsed dot around to the adds. rarely do i spam moonfire during movement unless my trinkets are up and i'm out of options. its far better to plan your movement and use a speed boost and starsurge proc, starfall, rejuvenation, or any other instant to fill up GCDs. because of travel time it can sometimes be better to cast against solar eclipse and use a starfire to kill something like amber on klaxxi. not usually though. if i'm at 20 solar energy and get a starsurge proc i will hold it for 1 wrath to get a little bit more out of my eclipse energy. dots are useless without nature's grace. i always try to use cooldowns with bloodlust.

@crunk your post really made my head hurt.

@OP your biggest dps loss is coming from not poping INC straight after your very first starsurge/wrath (that puts you into lunar). You then cast INC, THEN DOT, then hard cast til 0 energy (or to solar if you want to aoe with ca like on immerseus or sha) and then CA, redot, and hardcast again. I burst for 1-2mil single target, and can finish a single target fight above 450k+

Vexxe of Old School.

Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Thank you HolySambal and xtramuscle for providing me with tips in a summarised way rather than in a way that's making my head do a washing machine. I'll keep you all updated on improvements.

EDIT: On Protector's Normal just now, I managed to maintain 300k, so already nearly double what I was doing before. Still think there's plenty of room to improve. I'm not doing the DPS that my gear has the potential for. Still struggling. For some reason I do more damage multitarget than single target.

EDIT2: The fact that I am questioning that sounds dumb as it is more than one target taking damage and so naturally DPS would be higher. But it is LOADS higher. I'm still doing poor DPS single target and I don't know why.
    Last edited by V1ndictive; 2014-08-07 at 07:09 PM.

If you can provide logs people can analyze them and tell you what you're doing wrong. Without them its just speculation.

Vexxe of Old School.

Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Thank you HolySambal and xtramuscle for providing me with tips in a summarised way rather than in a way that's making my head do a washing machine. I'll keep you all updated on improvements.

EDIT: On Protector's Normal just now, I managed to maintain 300k, so already nearly double what I was doing before. Still think there's plenty of room to improve. I'm not doing the DPS that my gear has the potential for. Still struggling. For some reason I do more damage multitarget than single target.

EDIT2: The fact that I am questioning that sounds dumb as it is more than one target taking damage and so naturally DPS would be higher. But it is LOADS higher. I'm still doing poor DPS single target and I don't know why.
    300k is fine for protectors if you're in a group with a bunch of new people and don't understand fight lengths whats getting pushed when and how fast adds are dieing and stuff like that. good job.

Balanace is not low compared to others. you need to learn your stat priorities and your rotation. Some fights you start pre lunar but a lot of them you youd prefer solar because of meta gem + siege trinkets. get your 4 piece and get rid of frenzied because its absolute garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

Can I chime in with use HoTW to simplify rotation.

Not gonna reiterate what others have said

Look up the solar opener it has been better since the legendary Meta gem.