Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Salandrin do you live in Mogadishu?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's also easy for psychos to get you because people generally trust people who knock on their door to give them something they paid for.
    But what are the chances of that happening to you, really? How many people are killed by psychopaths fooling them to open the door?

My guess is you're more likely to die while bending down to slide the money under the door.

It's also easy for psychos to get you because people generally trust people who knock on their door to give them something they paid for.
    As already pointed out, if a psycho wanted to get you, they don't need you to open the door for them. They could just burn your house down with you in it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Also rat poison in your delivered food is easier

I first politely ask if they're a psycho or a murderer. If they say no, I open the door. If they say yes, I remain completely silent and motionless for hours until I'm sure they're gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    As already pointed out, if a psycho wanted to get you, they don't need you to open the door for them. They could just burn your house down with you in it.
    Yea, I'd love to see some guy go full bent on killing someone, walking up to a door, knocking and then falling to their knees screaming "A LOCKED DOOR, MY ONE AND ONLY WEAKNESS" and then give up their life of crime and become top notch peoples.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I am quite sure there exist several competent providers of mental healthcare in your area. You should seek their services.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    The smaller the dog too, the worse it is.
    Smaller dogs are annoying, but I know they pose no real threat to me. Big dogs however can do damage, and if their owner has trained them to bark at a stranger outside the door, and refuses to shut them up, it's clear the owner is keeping the option of sicking their dog on me open, which I do not appreciate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Besides a psycho could just bash your backdoor in sailor

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, its called risk assessment. there is a standard parameter and general understanding for every action you take. being able to recognize those normalcies, and make informed decisions is what typical people do daily.

for me, i ask myself, do i want to live a fun, happy life with the chance of it being cut short? the answer is unequivocally yes. id rather not live a closed off sheltered long life, that sounds too boring to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

That sound incredibly annoying and threatening for a delivery dude just doing their job. If you're so paranoid and hate people that much, don't open the door to strangers.
    *Shrug* I don't have a peephole in my door so this is basically how I keep myself safe when I'm alone. My dog is a real sweetheart and will be quiet once I tell her to be.

Besides, I would never ever put anyone in danger, I just want strangers to know that I have some sort of protection. (Or at least think that I do because she probably would just lick any intruder, lol)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Smaller dogs are annoying, but I know they pose no real threat to me. Big dogs however can do damage, and if their owner has trained them to bark at a stranger outside the door, and refuses to shut them up, it's clear the owner is keeping the option of sicking their dog on me open, which I do not appreciate.
    more paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    *Shrug* I don't have a peephole in my door so this is basically how I keep myself safe when I'm alone. My dog is a real sweetheart and will be quiet once I tell her to be.

Besides, I would never ever put anyone in danger, I just want strangers to know that I have some sort of protection. (Or at least think that I do because she probably would just lick any intruder, lol)
    Installing a peephole takes like 3 minutes tho. Much easier than constantly threatening strangers with a dog.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't have my dog trained to bark at anyone, she does it because she's happy to see you. I do have her trained to be quiet when I say though. I do not have her trained to sick people.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they are going to go to the trouble of killing you, then your door and especially that little metal chain aren't going to stop shit. Doors are even easier to kick down than they look on TV, and those chains are almost always bolted into a thin piece of wood and drywall, and use really cheap metal. It's easy for psychos to get to you because it is easy to get to you. If they really are psychopaths and they can't get in, they will just get you out.

I trained my dog to watch through the peephole. Make assurance double sure.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You know, I am quite sure there exist several competent providers of mental healthcare in your area. You should seek their services.
    We don't have free healthcare in the U.S. and mental healthcare is especially expensive so check your privilege, Canadian.

Been paranoid lately so when I order food or package and someone rings or knocks to deliver it I do two things. If it's food, I slide the money underneath the door, and if it's a package I slightly open the door through a chained lock.

How about you? Do you just open normally or do anything like that?
    That isnt paranoia, that is just strange. You ordered the food/package, why would you not trust the person delivering it? If you are gonna go as far as not opening the door, why not just go all the way and not eat the food or open the package? If they are untrusting to open the door for who knows what they would have done to your food or package.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    That isnt paranoia, that is just strange. You ordered the food/package, why would you not trust the person delivering it? If you are gonna go as far as not opening the door, why not just go all the way and not eat the food or open the package? If they are untrusting to open the door for who knows what they would have done to your food or package.
    It's still a stranger.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post

Except that in doing what you do you probably just come across as an aggressive and paranoid bitch who people living around you would have every reason to dislike.

It's still a stranger.
    Salandrin, just go away. If someone wants to kill you they're going to find a way to do it regardless of your schizoid ideas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.