10+ Year Old Account

ISIS, Militants Across Iraqi Increase Attacks.

Iraq, not Iraqi I know, I messed up my title change.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...228492355.html

Bomb attacks in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad and Kurdish-controlled northern Iraqi city of Kirkuk killed tens of people, police and medical sources have said.

Suicide bomb attacks killed at least 35 people in Kadhimiya, a Shia area in northern Baghdad, and two other car bomb attacks killed nine people in Kirkuk, police sources have said.

The explosions near a Shia mosque in Kirkuk holding displaced people came after an offensive launched by Islamic State fighters who have routed Kurdish forces in the north, causing thousands of people to flee.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27869112
    The Iraqi government appears to have blocked Facebook, Twitter and other social media, amid escalating combat.

Users in the country attempting to visit these sites are greeted by a message saying the Ministry of Communications has barred access.

The move comes after Islamist insurgents used Twitter to post a graphic image of a beheaded man, and to spread propaganda messages.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/world/...-crisis-isis/\
    CNN) -- Fighters with the militant group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria reached the triangle border between Iraq, Syria and Turkey, it said in a message posted on Twitter on Sunday.
    ISIS took control of Iraq's largest hydroelectric dam on Iraq's Tigris River, which provides power to the city of Mosul about 50 kilometers (31 miles) to the south, the commander of the Peshmerga Kurdish fighters who had been defending the facility said Sunday.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5620520.html
    The militant group ISIS is continuing its rampage of holy places by destroying the tomb of Jonah, a place thought to be the burial site of the prophet believed by Abrahamic faiths to have been swallowed by a whale or fish.

Civil defense officials in Mosul, Iraq, told CNN that ISIS operatives planted explosives around the mosque containing the tomb then detonated it remotely on Thursday.
    http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/news-...-prompts-panic
    The situation for Iraqis in the north-west of the country, especially those from the Yezidi and Christian minority communities, is becoming increasingly dire as both residents and many of those already displaced are now fleeing their homes and places of shelter,” said Donatella Rovera, Amnesty International’s Senior Crisis Response Adviser, who is currently in northern Iraq.

(Video on subject)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle...lflow_facebook
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-08-07 at 08:11 PM.

Why are ISIS destroying muslim holy places? Aren't they muslims as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Different sect

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it's Iraq's turn to hold on to their country.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, I think it's Iraq's turn to hold on to their country.
    That's pretty funny. If Saddam was still in power ISIS would not be doing this shit. America went in there and fucked shit up they should go and fix it .

Deleted
    Mission Accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    That's pretty funny. If Saddam was still in power ISIS would not be doing this shit. America went in there and fucked shit up they should go and fix it .
    Thats a lot of Ifs, he also had insurgents under his rule.

Doesn't matter. The Oil is in the Kurdish and Shia parts of the country.

They should have ended them when they first entered Iraq instead off fucking running away from them. Now they will have a hard time to stop them. Also IS is beheading children now and slaughtering every christian they can find.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-08-07 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, he'd probably kill more people in the process than ISIS has, but hey you weirdos think that dictators are some how good leaders and I just can't figure that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    This is a critical time for ISIS really. They are risking overstretching. They are trying to destroy Baghdad essentially. They can't have an Islamic Emirate if the Iraqi government can gather strength and provide an existential threat to them. The goal is to destroy or displace the capital. ISIS still has alot of uncommited military power to throw in Baghdads direction but before they can do that they need to keep focusing on creating a sectarian civil war.

There is also a little proxy going on between the USA and Russia. Everytime the US slams al-Maliki (who won't act in thier interests and is moving closer to Iran) Russia supports him. US delays fighter jets delivery's, Russia steps in and sends it some.

But yea they are super cunts.

Sure, he'd probably kill more people in the process than ISIS has, but hey you weirdos think that dictators are some how good leaders and I just can't figure that.
    I didn't say they were good leaders, I said ISIS wouldn't be doing this shit. We took Saddam out of power and look at Iraq. We left it in shambles and every extremist movement is setting up shop there like it's the wild west. Real cute throwing in the personal insult and calling me a weirdo for something I never even said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say they were good leaders, I said ISIS wouldn't be doing this shit. We took Saddam out of power and look at Iraq. We left it in shambles and every extremist movement is setting up shop there like it's the wild west. Real cute throwing in the personal insult and calling me a weirdo for something I never even said.
    You're promoting the idea that Iraq would have been better off with a brutal dictator in charge.

Just, be kind.

You're promoting the idea that Iraq would have been better off with a brutal dictator in charge.
    Except I never said that. You would have quoted me if I did. I said " If Saddam was still in power ISIS would not be doing this shit. America went in there and fucked shit up they should go and fix it ."

Except I never said that. You would have quoted me if I did. I said " If Saddam was still in power ISIS would not be doing this shit. America went in there and fucked shit up they should go and fix it ."
    To be fair, they shouldn't "anything" in the first place. No one assigned the american government the title of world police. The government might claim that x or y country had/has weapons of mass destruction, but....

The saddam regime hardly had the same resources as russia, north korea or china. If the u.s hasn't truly bothered with those... what was the point to take out one little country where the rockets have the propulsion capabilities of a 2 cylinder car.... surely the anti-missile defense system or w.e could have taken out one those, after all, it can manage to take out some of the american missiles ..at least the ones they are telling us about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same difference. It's nice that you blame America for "fucking shit up", but pleasantly forget that we put Saddam there to begin with.

Just, be kind.

Didn't the Kurds just lanch a big attack agains ISIS? It made the front page of reddit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Because everything that they are about is irrational. The reality of it is that there's probably a fee leaders behind the scenes that it using their pawns for nothing more than to get rich and gain political power. They are thugs an the "holy war" farce is used to rope in weak minded individuals/helps them to sleep at night.

Sunnies vs Shites is pretty much Protestants vs Catholics and you average believer couldn't care less if they tried. "Holy War" just sounds like a better rally cry than "I just want to be a murderous asshole".