Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

If someone gave you 10 million dollars to go vegan for the rest of your life

could you do it? I would probably take my windfall and put it all into some food factory to make vegetables taste like steak. So I'm not sure if its worthwhile.

I do love vegetables though..but it has to be paired with a meat.

I'd do it for $100 000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't do it. Part of being rich would me wanting to eat all the great meats this world has to offer.

Deleted
    No. Because meat is too damn tasty.

As a vegetarian I'm already halfway there. No cheese, ice cream or scrambled eggs would suck, but for 10 million I could afford supplements to stay healthy.

Deleted
    Faster than a fucking heart beat.

Who gives a shit when you are a millionaire!

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. Eating is such a big part of life, I wouldn't be able to stand being that nitpicky about what's in my food. And nothing really trumps a good steak.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Wouldn't last a week.

would do it for 1 million, i dont even like food in the first place.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, what a deal. Vegan would cut out about 5% of my diet, mostly just the occasional cheese, eggs, and a few asian ingredients like fish sauce. I'm usually vegetarian as it is unless I'm eating out at a place that isn't my choice. I love meat, I eat this way for dietary purposes. I also cut out most carbs and processed foods, takes a lot of commitment. As a fairly good cook, I don't miss meat or seafood at all. It's a wonderful shortcut to flavor, but there's other flavor profiles I prefer more, they just take longer to develop. I do not miss the texture of meat or carbs at all, I can replicate that very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    would do it for 1 million, i dont even like food in the first place.
    Are.. Are you human?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    Sure, what a deal. Vegan would cut out about 5% of my diet, mostly just the occasional cheese, eggs, and a few asian ingredients like fish sauce. I'm usually vegetarian as it is unless I'm eating out at a place that isn't my choice. I love meat, I eat this way for dietary purposes. I also cut out most carbs and processed foods, takes a lot of commitment. As a fairly good cook, I don't miss meat or seafood at all. It's a wonderful shortcut to flavor, but there's other flavor profiles I prefer more, they just take longer to develop. I do not miss the texture of meat or carbs at all, I can replicate that very easily.
    I feel you. After commiting to a vegetarian lifestyle, It only then occurred to me how.. repulsive the texture of meat is. You're chewing on what was once a hairy living thing and you can feel the muscles and tendons squish in your mouth, ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes, I love meat, but man, with that much money I could live without it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I would probably take my windfall and put it all into some food factory to make vegetables taste like steak.
    such things already exists and are called meat substitutes, not to mention early stage production of the lab grown meat.

Easily.

I'd probably do it for five figures. The only meat i genuinely gain enjoyment from eating is bacon, and good ham. The rest don't do anything for me, so i wouldn't be giving much up tbh.

It would be a chore though, being vegan isn't easy. Although i have a lot of vegan friends and family so i'm sure i'd figure it out. It's more about finding new things to eat rather than missing what i used to eat. It's a huge change. So i take back my five figure comment and will accept the 10 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure! That's a lot of money.

I'd miss dairy more than meat I think, especially since a lot of vegan cheeses are made with tree nuts, which I'm allergic to.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I was vegan for 1.5 yrs w/o the money so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Depends, do I get the money the second I promise? I tell him yes, then buy a meat factory and live the rest of my life as a carnivore.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I should of said 1 million dollars lol.

Deleted
    sure i would, then i hire me a good cook/chef who knows some very good recipes that are tasting delicious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Sure! That's a lot of money.

I'd miss dairy more than meat I think, especially since a lot of vegan cheeses are made with tree nuts, which I'm allergic to.
    I forgot about the cheese when I made my original post, how could I forget about the cheese.

Granted, it would be a loss - But the million's of dollars would make a slight ease to my suffering. (Slight - I fucking love cheese)