Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    completely vegetarian or am I allowed to eat fish?
    either way I would take the money and split it with my family.
    Vegans do not eat fish.

Or shellfish. Or cheese. Or milk. Or Yogurt. Or Gummy Bears. Or chocolate. Or wear leather.

Sure. Then stay vegan a few years while letting that ten million grow, then break the contract I assume they'd have in place where you have to pay back 10 million -if- you break it...and keep all the money you earned using that ten million.

Vegetarian, sure. Vegan, no way.

Sure would, i like meat a lot but ... that kind of money would make me change that.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Sure. Then stay vegan a few years while letting that ten million grow, then break the contract I assume they'd have in place where you have to pay back 10 million -if- you break it...and keep all the money you earned using that ten million.
    sure dude, that's like contracts are made. Imagine Rockedyne failing their contracts for NASAand then go like "well shit, there 100% of your moneys, cya"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    Do you realize that vegetables are also living beings, dont you?
    Lets not start this shit. Yes plants are alive, no they are not animals and do not experience sentience.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of course I would. Picking between eating lots of good food while living my normal life OR keeping to a specific diet while traveling the world until retirement is a pretty easy choice.

I don't believe a single person here who says that they would turn down 10 million dollars just to continue eating food derived from animals.
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-08-07 at 10:45 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Easily. Think about this: The average American makes $51,000/yr.
    That's 196 years of money at that income level.

Say you have 50 years left to live -- That's the equivalent of $200,000/yr for the rest of your life.

Vegan food to never have to work another day in my life? Yes please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    hmm.... so Vegan means that you don't eat any product that come from an animal.... so what about printed meat?
    I imagine when that actually becomes something people can buy and consume -- afaik although the tech exists now, no one is actually marketing this -- the philosophy will fragment to those that approve and those that are opposed, like has already happened with things like fish or dairy or vegetables you have to kill to eat (vs just picking a fruit).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I would do it but I would not call my food things it's not, just to pretend I don't have different eating habits then the majority. Really that is what irks me about that whole deal. I hate that conformity marketing or whatever you call it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I imagine when that actually becomes something people can buy and consume -- afaik although the tech exists now, no one is actually marketing this -- the philosophy will fragment to those that approve and those that are opposed, like has already happened with things like fish or dairy or vegetables you have to kill to eat (vs just picking a fruit).

The carnivorous dinosaur has spoken. So weird lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how do you know that picking a fruit from a tree isn't the same as ripping the umbilical cord from a mothers womb just as she has given birth? That tiny baby apple was just a mere child of the tree... that tree is a weeping mother who'll never see her child ago. Sure she has plenty of children, but you've stripped her of one of her babies. Trees are just as much alive as animals, they deserve the same compassion!
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably hazelnut-based? I guess I'll eat my words on that one. Thanks for the info.

Wow, cocoa butter, I guess I forgot how chocolate is even made.

Deleted
    On a side note: vegetarian food can be quite nice if you do it with moderation. I often hang out with a cousin and his SO and they can make the best vegatarian pasta dish that would even make a lion mouthwater.
    I am a meat eater, doesn't mean i have objection to eat vegetarian food. And neither should you.
    Heck, i'd say yes to this deal if my health would allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    And how do you know that picking a fruit from a tree isn't the same as ripping the umbilical cord from a mothers womb just as she has given birth? That tiny baby apple was just a mere child of the tree... that tree is a weeping mother who'll never see her child ago. Sure she has plenty of children, but you've stripped her of one of her babies. Trees are just as much alive as animals, they deserve the same compassion!
    You can go start your own diet philosophy there then, homeslice.

Good luck finding something to eat

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Food isn't that important to me. And 10 millions, that's a shitload of money. It would instantly solve a whole bunch of problems and uncertainties in life. I think I'd go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They completely 3D printed a hamburger awhile ago, buns lettuce and the patty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    On a side note: vegetarian food can be quite nice if you do it with moderation. I often hang out with a cousin and his SO and they can make the best vegatarian pasta dish that would even make a lion mouthwater.
    I am a meat eater, doesn't mean i have objection to eat vegetarian food. And neither should you.
    Heck, i'd say yes to this deal if my health would allow it.
    Pasta is one of few exceptions of decent vegetarian food. Any avid Italian food lover wouldn't mind a bowl of pasta with a margherita sauce. That's all vegetarian, same w/ a margherita pizza.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I would take the money, go to a hot dog stand, go back and laugh in the person's face

As someone who is almost 100% vegan, I'd do it for a lot less.

It isn't the 90's, it's 2014 - there are tons of great vegan products out there that look, taste, and smell almost exactly like the originals. Smartdogs are identical in taste to hotdogs, boca makes excellent chicken patties/veggie burgers and you can barely tell the difference. Coconut milk has a unique taste but once you get past it, you can't tell the difference with cereal. And there are even ice creams, brownies, etc. =)