Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't remember my first pug but I do remember my first guild run years ago. Gruul's lair. Everyone snaps into action, I don't know what the @#!$ is going on and I just spam chain heal trying not to get smashed by the AoE. It was a glorious kill!

15+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan. I joined a raiding guild that was still just farming Kara at the time, I think. They decided to run a Kara group full of new members, with two of their main guys leading.

We never downed Attumen. We spent ages doing it and trash reset a bunch of times. It seems so strange looking back at it, our group must have been fucking terrible. Some of that terribleness can be attributed to me, because I had on a spellpower chest piece from Steam Vaults (as a Hunter). After the raid the guild leader made me a leather chest piece to replace it.

I'll never forget it. It was my first time ever raiding, so despite the massive amounts of wipes it felt so exciting.

First raid ever was TK with my mage fire specced. Took me 2 attempts on al'ar to realize this one is immune to fire

Down him after 2 hours of trying after that downed Void Reaver pretty fast, got my T5 Shoulder Token and was very happy :>

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Molten Core - my first raid.

I still have screenshots - This one is interesting - we saw Gehennas for the first time and the first comment: "Looks 1:1 like Luci(fron), how creative..." - WoW players always had something to bitch about:

That was 2005. Look at the gear - so much blue... and the 40 man raid DPS - 2280

The mana and hp pool... such a joke back then. And yes, I was a clicker 2005, shame on me
    That is sick man nice screen shot.

Doing Ony and being told to slap a shield on and pretend I was Holy as a ret paladin.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    First time I ever attended a raid was ZG on 56k. TS lagged so bad I didn't hear the commands for the fights until after it was over.

Everyone talks about "good memories" from classic, but I don't think people remember how bad the average internet and computer was in 2004.
    I remember lol damn smart phones probably have more power then my pc from back then ol

Karazhan, i had just changed to Warrior tank a few days before. Jeez i was so nervous but i did well, what was meant to be a temporary move became permanent and i tanked right up until Cataclysm. So many fun memories that raid, best one was Shade of Aran, the whole raid was dead bar me and as i died so did he to my shield bash, the shouts over vent were so amazing, makes me kinda sad as all my friends no longer play, ah well nice memories to cherish.

UBRS kiting drakki sath of whatever that boss is called

Started playing in late Cata, prio DS patch.
    Dinged 90 on my prot pally, setted up in hc dg gear. Guild was missing a dps for the weekly FL run, guess who did his first raid as a tank in tank gear with no RF on because aggro? Yeah, me.
    Ds came out, made myself a ret spec, started out gearing in lfr. Well, i was in group 2, but we finished 4/8 hc that tier, winning the hc str ring from ultraxion first kill.
    Now i'm raid leader, tanked all MoP on that pally. Well, let's see what WoD reserve to us.

Deleted
    I was taken as off-tank for ulduar 10 hardmodes. I had not raided properly before that. Got shit tons of loots (this was ToC patch time) and my lovely Boreal Guard that I used in ICC for the whole expansion and that I transmog nowadays always too. Dat mimiron firefighter without raid experience tho. We downed all but Yogg on hard mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    I was an sv hunter in naxx 25. It was a pug and I'm not sure how I got into it considering how over the top requirements are today. I got an agility fist weapon and was stoked. Later the agi staff with armor dropped and I won the roll, I got guilt tripped into passing it to someone's offspec. It all came around though when I won the quest item from saph. I literally went months without ever using rapid fire because I had heard haste sucked for hunters and thought it was a garbage cd. Also, I would trap dance by running into melee range of the boss to drop traps for lnl procs and disengage out.

Hitting 60 and getting a invite on my hunter to MC in a span of 5 minutes. Got some gear and the hunter tier legs. Next day i woke up and was hacked. I still to this day say it was my now ex wife that did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    10 man Scholomance. I was level 58 or 59 and had no clue what I was doing. I think I managed not to do anything too noobish, although we were all clueless then so if I did, it probably went un noticed.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    BWL Razorgore in Vanilla.

wiping on Stone Guards and the tanks being like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember doing Kara with moderate success. Remember turning into Little Red Riding Hood and running scared because I thought he'd kill me if he touched me. Remember doing Shade of Aran and managing to not fail at flame wreath and whatnot. Remember getting my first PvE epic - a pair of leather legs. Remember being really surprised at how close I was in terms of healing done compared to the holy priest in there with me. Most importantly, I remember wandering ahead after chess and unintentionally pulling those big shadow fiend looking things. They started chasing me and I was like "Oh shit!" A tank picked them up but not enough people were there. And so everyone ended up dying. And then I ran in after dying and accidentally pulled them again cause I didn't realize their aggro range was so huge (rofl). I had been really well-behaved for my first raid, but I derped on that part. The raid leader lady was super pissed off in vent going "amg who tha fuck pulled again???" I remember just thinking, "Oh God, I hope no one saw." We got to Prince and couldn't kill him because I remember our tank dropping like a sack of bricks. We all hung out by the door to the encounter but this warrior was getting dropped in the time it took me to cast Regrowth. I was perplexed. I thought at the time he was probably just someone who talked like they knew what to do, but was just a nub like me only in epics. Was sad we couldn't beat him. Didn't even know he was the last boss, though. I think we actually skipped a lot of the extra bosses. I remember mostly just being super nervous and letting everyone know I'd probably mess up cause I'd never even stepped foot inside a "raid" before.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deploying my battle chicken and ranging Ragnaros on my warrior in early Vanilla because my fire resist gear was crap.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    NAXX 25m in Wrath.

When I won my first piece of loot (piece of tier off the Four horseman) I was so excited I was running in circles and I didnt know what to do.
    One of our GMs yelled at me.

Hurrah!

I hadnt start playing wow yet back then but a m8 had his computer over at a friends house. It was a Friday night and time for raiding, one of em couldnt attend cuz he had other plans and since I was over at the house I could raid they thought. It was MC and especially Ragnaros. I played his full(almost) tier 2 Rogue and all he wanted was t2 legs. It didnt drop I'm afraid but the next week I bought wow and lvld my first char. Guess what? It was a rogue.
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2014-10-02 at 06:49 AM.

Molton Core, sat at the entrance with 39 other guild mates staring at 2 molten giants thinking "this is gonna hurt"