Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Entered into Vault of Archavon as a Rogue having never played an mmo outside of Runescape and just remember how awesome it felt to walk into the place. It had the same Ulduar theme as Halls of Lightning (one of my favorite dungeons) and just gives me chills to this day as I remember back to that feeling of seeing monsters so huge that required such a group to take down and the perceived chaos of the pug I was in with Archavon who I now see as incredibly simplistic but then it was a mountain to be tackled.

No add-ons or anything, probably doing absolutely terrible dps, and somehow ended up alive through the fight. I felt amazing after killing that boss and was excited when I actually ended up meeting the GM of a guild I joined shortly after to start raiding Naxx a few weeks later.

Talk about rose-tinted glasses, they're on hardcore when I start thinking about my first adventures raiding lol.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

7+ Year Old Account
    Removing curses on Lucifron like an animal, no dps for this mage *sadface*

10+ Year Old Account
    25man OS pug about 5 months after WotLK. I didn't know what a raid really was, didn't know what I was doing. They spammed raid chat, I ask to come along, they summoned me in, pulled the boss within 30 seconds, died to the first firewall, got two achievements and thought to myself. AWESOME. Did it again next week with a guild called Closed Casket on Quel'dorie, joined the guild soon after.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

Plane of Fear in vanilla Everquest.
    Cleric.
    No voice comms. No chat channels.
    Calling out our 'complete heal' rotation on the tank in guild chat.
    Staring at the floor so we wouldn't get video lag.
    Having to run back naked through the world to get back to your corpse if the raid wiped.
    Having to cast resurrection and meditate to regain mana because the iconic "rez stick" didn't exist yet and EQ mana regen was slow.
    Getting feared and teleported around the zone by trash mobs, pulling "trains"
    It was an epic sense of accomplishment just creating a safe place to stand.

Deleted

Lady Aerfalle / the Olthoi Queen from Asheron's Call. In both cases, the effort and coordination needed to get in was actually a bit tougher than the fights themselves.

In this game, Ulduar was my first real raid. At the time, I couldn't believe how much shit there was to look out for, especially on things like Mimiron.

Deleted
    I was in the first molten core raids that were made on our realm back in 2005, the raid was made of lvl 60s from 2 guilds that had the most geared people on realm at the time. I was one of the tanks and, was tanking other one of those 2 first giants, I had foodbuffs with me that gave like +12 stamina? can't remember for sure, but a few people in the raid whispered me and asked, why do you eat the food because you have full hp already We got to 1st boss after a lot of wipes on trash and didn't manage to kill it, then next week both guilds started to make their own raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    UBRS for tier 0 chest.... damn it just remembered tier 0.5 *shudders*

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh Karazhan, how I miss the days...

I was a prot paladin back then, and neither the raid nor I had any idea how to properly play it. So I spent a large chunk of my DKP to get a King's Defender (tanking sword) after clearing chess event. I asked the guild what enchant to put on it, and they advised me to get Mongoose, which was one of the most expensive enchants back then. So after spending most of my DKP and all of my gold I was the proud owner of a big ass tanking weapon.

2 days later I found out prot paladins use spell power weapons. Derp.

I also remember being completely useless as an offtank on Moroes, because all paladins could do back then while offtanking was auto attack and cast judgment. Oh, the good ol' times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing ZG 20man ... that was a silly run.
    Started to take raiding seriously with kara ... that was a great instance
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

1st raid ever? Taerar, in Duskwook I was so hyped I'd do something wrong and wipe everyone. In the end, we did wipe a few times, but thankfully, not because of me

15+ Year Old Account
    Stratholme 10man was my first small raid tho i dont realy remember that much of it but i know that once we had 20 or so lvl 60's we went into Molton core and wiped horribly so we decided to go Zul'gurrub for gear lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoW: UBRS. Worse place ever. Nearly made me quit after an evening wiping there.

EQ: Naggy.

Staring at the ground on Baron Geddon just watching to see if I were the bomb because my computer was so awful. It was the only way I could move my character.

Deleted
    Druid tank & one healer grinding Heigan from 50% to 0 whilst all of us were dead from failing the safety dance Bears were BAMF back then.

Black Temple.

My first raid was in Karazhan. I remember being all giddy and excited. I got into the game through my IRL classmates, all of them had a guild together and it was a small little group that did 10-mans, and they often talked in school about how epic Karazhan was and how the last raid went. I heard a lot about it while leveling up, and as soon as I hit 70 they helped me, and Karazhan still gives me goosebumps. Just entering the place is epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Druid tank & one healer grinding Heigan from 50% to 0 whilst all of us were dead from failing the safety dance Bears were BAMF back then.
    Were you in my guild?

7+ Year Old Account
    I leveled up through bc, and my raiding experience was in wotlk naxx. I remember sitting in Dal looking at this hunter in baller gear (I doubt it was actually that good, prob just normal tier) but I wanted it so bad. Then all of a sudden my guild started doing naxx and I joined and shit got real. Was one of the best experiences I have had, one of the few to top it was heroic ICC. That heigan feel though, I'm not going to lie I must have died to the dance so many times it was crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

I don't have one in particular.

Raiding BRD and killing the Emperor and winning a neck piece with attack power and stamina, I was also too lower level to equip it.
    Raiding LBRS with my brothers guild and winning the recipe: Greater fire protection potion that would become one of the biggest contributors to my income.
    Raiding MC and getting a Gutgore Ripper, instantly jumping in PvP afterwards and playing all night.
    Going from MC to Naxx in the space of a week after my old guild collapsed.