Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    I was on for just a quick mining run back in Vanilla, and my guild needed an OT for ZG. They brought me in, and I had no idea what was going on. To give you a better idea, I leveled as a prot warrior and didn't even tank in instances. THAT's how bad I was.

They brought me in, and I kept running in to "tank" things (I guess?), and all I knew was that they were supposed to be hitting me and I would get heals. So I did this for about 10 minutes, and I was getting blasted in guild chat. Then someone said, "He doesn't have vent - he doesn't know what to do - calm down." I asked what vent was, and there was a collective guild facepalm. When they told me, I rage faced at my computer and was like YOU CAN HEAR EACH OTHER TALKING!?

I've come a long way since then leading my own guild and raids in previous xpacs, but I still laugh and smile thinking of that moment.
    Allarise - lfgdating.com.
    Figuring out if WoD is the best expansion yet. Judgment pending!

First raiding memory. I went into Kara on my Boomkin. Got to the hall before Moroes. Accidentally moonfired an elite pack of ghost. People laughed, we wiped. Thankfully I have not made a mistake like that since.

first raiding memory was my rogue in kara. I had the welfare pvp weapons. I was scrubbing it up. The tank had left and the leader had said hold on and it was like at midnight. A min or 2 latter someone gets in vent its the rl 7 year old son he goes "dad im sleepy" he responds "tank these 2 bosses and you can go to bed" In logs in a tauren warrior in sunwell/black temple gear. This kid was this 25 man guilds main tank.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Molten Core, Vanilla WoW, Golemagg.

My Dwarf Pally stripped down nekked and ran in to pull Golemagg...first try and i didn't die.

The good ol' days of 40-man clusterf*&^s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    first raiding memory was my rogue in kara. I had the welfare pvp weapons. I was scrubbing it up. The tank had left and the leader had said hold on and it was like at midnight. A min or 2 latter someone gets in vent its the rl 7 year old son he goes "dad im sleepy" he responds "tank these 2 bosses and you can go to bed" In logs in a tauren warrior in sunwell/black temple gear. This kid was this 25 man guilds main tank.
    Reminds me of nightmare days of my youth in ISP support...Excuse me sir/mame, do you have a son or daughter available that i could talk to.