Beating level 25 pet tamers?

I am guessing that while it isn't impossible to beat them with a random 3 pets, but to do it reliably, you need the RIGHT 3 pets, correct?

BTW, on another note, the RNG sucks. I was battling something 4 levels lower than I was last night, and I was one shot for ~ 750 points....... by a poor quality versus my rare.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    each type of battle pet has its strength and weakness. type A is really strong against type X but utterly fails against type N. i suggest googling the specific tamer you are fighting as ive seen a few nice write ups on what type of pet counters what each trainer has, and then its just a matter of finding one in your inventory of battle pets and building a team accordingly.

meaning, you cant just choose 3 specific pets and think they are unbeatable because *rare*. you might have some that are "meh" that you use while leveling other pets in lowbie zones (mechanical for me fit this desciption with their heals), but if you come up against its hard counter you could lose, such as in your example of losing to a pet 4 levels under you.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-08 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    each type of battle pet has its strength and weakness. type A is really strong against type X but utterly fails against type N. i suggest googling the specific tamer you are fighting as ive seen a few nice write ups on what type of pet counters what each trainer has, and then its just a matter of finding one in your inventory of battle pets.
    OH, I do understand that already, but I have a mod that helps a ton..... I guess the real issue is that I need more level 25's, and a better variety, as sometimes I don't have the right pet for the right fight. I only have 5 level 25's.

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    OH, I do understand that already, but I have a mod that helps a ton..... I guess the real issue is that I need more level 25's, and a better variety, as sometimes I don't have the right pet for the right fight. I only have 5 level 25's.
    yah you will certainly need at least one of each type to take on the trainers (speaking of them as a group), individually they might require even 2 of a certain type. they are quite easily beatable if you bring hard counter pets. although 1-3 attempts might have horrible RNG and cause a bit of frustration, as long as you have the counters to each trainer's pets, you will win eventually.

the trainer at the DMF is the bane of my existence. even with hard counter pets i seem to get crappy RNG and have to waste 6-8 tickets on him. makes me wanna just rip my hair out and punch him.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-08-08 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    the trainer at the DMF is the bane of my existence. even with hard counter pets i seem to get crappy RNG and have to waste 6-8 tickets on him. makes me wanna just rip my hair out and punch him.
    I 2-pet this trainer every time I manage to remember.
    A P/P Infinite Whelpling and S/S Cogblade Raptor make quick work of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Do you have the anbisothl idol it is a must have since it can almost solo any pet tamer.
    Either the emerald proto whelp or whelping are two other must have great for pet tamers.
    A moth also is a beast for most of the tamers.
    Then you would want a mech pet clockwork gnome, son of animus or cogblade raptor fill that need.

Then it just is leveling time.

Good luck and have fun

Deleted
    I beat all those trainers with the random pets I had, just try and see what works. It's more fun than reading the guides.

After i completed though, and was going for the "repetitions to level other pets", I did read some guides.

If you have 1 level 25, you can get more very easy by using it to farm other wild pets (the level 25 pet can solo them and he doesn't take away xp from the levelling ones. Just the levelling ones have be the active pet for at least 1 round. So start with the low one, have it attack once, and then swap it out for the level 25)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The water spirit can pretty much be soloed by Ji-Ji (Celestial pet) - but to get that pet you need to win the Celestial pet challenge 3 times (and you need 15 lv 25 pets to even enter)
    Nearly any pet with high damage or flying abilities and an avoidance move can solo this most of the time really. I use a dragonbone hatchling
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So let me ask..... is a level 25 just about the same regardless of zone, in difficulty?

BTW, I just defeated my first gold pet...... took me 4 tries, and I was going to give up if I lost the 4th battle, but I got a very lucky RNG for the win.

THanks all..... and good to know, Det.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    So let me ask..... is a level 25 just about the same regardless of zone, in difficulty?

BTW, I just defeated my first gold pet...... took me 4 tries, and I was going to give up if I lost the 4th battle, but I got a very lucky RNG for the win.

THanks all..... and good to know, Det.

Depends on the level 25 pet.
    Some are rare quality which are pretty easy.
    Some are epic which are purple which are tougher.
    Some are legendary which are orange and these the toughest to fight.
    Some cant take more than 35% hit so got to whittle them down like the celestial tourney ones.
    It all comes down to having the right match-up which is why one needs a wide stable of level 25 pets to choose from.
    Also, it isn't always the obvious choice to take on some of legendary pets.
    They might have strong attacks that destroy the pet one thought was the right choice against it.
    Some of the more powerful pets have moves that are strong against pets that their family is normally weak against or choosing the family of pet that takes less damage from a certain pets moves helps a lot.
    Their is more to this than what people think and pvp is whole different world than pve pet battling and one will use pets in that they never even considered/ tried for pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    To do it reliably you need the right 1 or 2 pets. Every tamer can be beaten easily with 2 pets, allowing you to level a 3rd pet (and leveling pets via tamer exp is by far the most efficient way to do so). Every single Beast of Fable pet can be killed by the combo of a Pandarian Water Spirit and Chrominius (a couple of them need a 3rd pet to finish them off or another dot pet to start). There are no experience bonuses to beating the beasts of fable pets (like there are with tamers) so there's no reason to try leveling pets against them.

If you only have 5 max level pets then its going to be tough or impossible to kill all the tamers, as I'm sure those 5 aren't the perfect ones to do so. But its a start, and you should try and grab some of the strongest pets to make it easier to beat them. A list of pets that are great for the tamers, just off the top of my head, is:

Anub Idol
    Sprite Darter Hatchiling or Nether Faerie Dragon
    Chrominius & Water Spirit Combo (not for tamers, but for Beasts of Fable as well as for the Celestial Tournament), and I do use Chrominius on a couple tamers
    Darkmoon Tonk
    Darkmoon Zep
    Emerald Proto Whelp

There are plenty of other great pets, and to really do all of the trainers quickly and efficiently you will want a pretty wide variety so that you can have the best team against each of them, but the pets above and maybe a couple others will get the job done. Then as you level up more and more pets you can develop more efficient teams to speed it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you should've grabbed a Fluxfire Feline back in the day. No matter your pet type (unless you had a magic one), the Feline would take it down in a 3-buttons combo.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2014-08-09 at 11:34 AM.

DMF trainer is easy to beat with scourged whelping and lil bling. Little Timmy on timeless can be beat with mechanical yeti, clockwork gnome , and any pet with a flock type move. This will also work on the Oxen and Tiger for celestials, though rng can get in the way sometimes. The best thing to do is level a bunch of pets to 25, 15 is the minimum for the celestial tournament, but it is almost impossible with only that many. Like previous posters have said, many of the trainers can be done with just two pets, while leveling a third as it gives great experience.