Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The aim of Warlocks is dominance, they seek to control the sources of their power unlike Shamans.

The first known mortal Necromancers were the Orc Warlocks, the first being Gul'dan.

Warlocks and Necromancers are two separate classes but if you are a Warlock who wields Void magic and use it to attach souls to corpses then you are a Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCageFanatic View Post
    Basically it's the most Overpowered thing in the game, and definitely worth playing for the next 2-3 months until 6.0 nerfs happen.
    Meh "nerfs" aren't going to hurt , just finally cull everyone who picked up warlock because "OMG LOCK OP, TIME TO REROLL " people. The only loss is fel flame.The change in KJC is meh. I use AD most of the time. Also couldn't cast and run in WOTLK, good times.

but, too soon to tell

we are darkness incarnate. we will not be denied.
    Be feared, or be fuel

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    The aim of Warlocks is dominance, they seek to control the sources of their power unlike Shamans.

The first known mortal Necromancers were the Orc Warlocks, the first being Gul'dan.

Warlocks and Necromancers are two separate classes but if you are a Warlock who wields Void magic and use it to attach souls to corpses then you are a Necromancer.
    Incorrect. The first necromancers were Necrolytes, a seperate caste of magic users than the warlocks. Necrolytes are basically shadow priests with a dash of death knight. Gul'dan was a warlock; not a necrolyte.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Incorrect. The first necromancers were Necrolytes, a seperate caste of magic users than the warlocks. Necrolytes are basically shadow priests with a dash of death knight. Gul'dan was a warlock; not a necrolyte.
    Necrolytes are Warlocks genius.

Why don't you do your research first before spewing misinformation and telling people they're incorrect?

http://wowpedia.org/Warcraft_II_manu...Shadow_Council

"In pursuit of furthering our magical resources, I opened a new school of magical discipline that became known as Necromancy. We began training young Warlocks in the arcane mysteries of life and death. Again, with tutelage from the Daemon Kil'jaeden, these Necrolytes delved into the dark arts, eventually gaining power enough to animate and control the bodies of the newly dead."

“The oldest of the surviving orc necromancers after Gul’dan himself, Rakmar Sharpfang was the necrolytes’ unofficial leader and often thrust into the role of conveying their accomplishments—or failures—to the high warlock”

Excerpt From: Rosenberg, Aaron. “World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.
    Last edited by Cheapnecrolyte; 2014-08-12 at 03:50 PM.

Warlocks are mages who decided not to suck.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionOfPerfection View Post
    Necrolytes are Warlocks genius.

Why don't you do your research first before spewing misinformation and telling people they're incorrect?

http://wowpedia.org/Warcraft_II_manu...Shadow_Council

"In pursuit of furthering our magical resources, I opened a new school of magical discipline that became known as Necromancy. We began training young Warlocks in the arcane mysteries of life and death. Again, with tutelage from the Daemon Kil'jaeden, these Necrolytes delved into the dark arts, eventually gaining power enough to animate and control the bodies of the newly dead."

“The oldest of the surviving orc necromancers after Gul’dan himself, Rakmar Sharpfang was the necrolytes’ unofficial leader and often thrust into the role of conveying their accomplishments—or failures—to the high warlock”

Excerpt From: Rosenberg, Aaron. “World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks.
    This material may be protected by copyright.
    Try again.
    First of all; anything from the Warcraft 1-2 manuals is useless these days as it has either been retconned, altered, changed or forgotten.

Secondly; the quote from Tides of Darkness states that nothing to indicate that the necrolytes were warlocks. All it confirms is that their leader, Rakmar, often had to inform Gul'dan (the mentioned High Warlock) that they had failed again, this qoute refers to the issues the necrolytes had with trying to create the Death Knights.

Thirdly; even if the Info from the wc2 manual was still relevant, it states exactly what I wrote: that necrolytes were, indeed, a different caste than the warlocks. Sure.
    They started out as warlocks, who in turn started out as shamans, but were taught the dark arts of necromancy; thus they became necrolytes instead of warlocks, just like the shamans became warlocks instead of shamans when they turned to using Fel magic... Or would you make a similar claim that warlocks are shamans?
    Last edited by Venziir; 2014-08-13 at 12:30 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    well destruction is kinda like a fire mage, only cooler, but you're less mobile and tankier
    Pretty much this. I always loved the general idea of a Fire Mage (not just in WoW) so I decided to eventually level one as an alt in MoP. At level 73 I got for the first time in a dungeon group a destro lock. By the end of the run the only thing I could think of was "why does the lock look so much more like a fire mage than my fire mage?" and so I rerolled to Warlock, tried destro and haven't looked back. This is from a casual's POV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Never played a lock before.

Imagine yourself trying to convince me to play a lock (already gonna have to - last class I have to level up) - what is it? How does it play? What are the niches of the class? Why should I play a lock? I-What mkes it different from a mage with a pet or a hunter with spells? Is it fun? No, this isn't a "pick a class for me thread; I just really am clueless as to what to expect.

Thanks!
    Try going to the World Of Warcraft site itself. Read this. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/warlock