Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Alliance Chopper 100k Gold, Mount Journal, Leveling XP, Gul'dan Comic, Final Boss #52

Furnace and Rimeheart Changes, New Crusader Set, Amazonian Parma Affix, PTR Disabled Mechanics, D3 and Reaper of Souls Sales

Deck Spotlight: Zeto's Ragelock, Versus Series: Crispy vs Moonstar, Plague Quarter Issues Update

Team Curse Welcomes Heroes of the Storm Team, Gameplay Responsiveness Update, Town Hall #25

Warlords of Draenor - Alliance Chopper: 100,000 Gold
    An item that costs 100,000 was added to Paulie of Old Town Choppers in the latest beta build. The latest build also added the chopper's mount spell with Paulie listed as the source. Jonathan LeCraft confirmed there will be no rep discount.

Warlords of Draenor - Mount Journal UI
    Speaking of new mounts, Warlords of Draenor has added some nice upgrades to the mount UI:

• The journal now lists a source and description for mounts.
    • You are now able to set mounts as favorites, putting them at the top of the list.
    • There is a new Summon Random Favorite Mount button, which selects a usable mount at random from your favorites.
    • Mounts that are faction specific now have a different background in the list.

Warlords of Draenor - Leveling Experience Changes
    The latest beta builds have increased the experience required to level by 30% for each level from 89 to 99. At level 90, quests give ~15k XP and mob kills give 500 XP.

XP per Lvl Build 18594 Build 18689 % Increase
    89 596,000 774,800 30%
    90 603,000 783,900 30%
    91 608,000 790,400 30%
    92 614,000 798,200 30%
    93 621,000 807,300 30%
    94 627,000 815,100 30%
    95 632,000 821,600 30%
    96 639,000 830,700 30%
    97 645,000 838,500 30%
    98 651,000 846,300 30%
    99 657,000 854,100 30%

New World of Warcraft Comic - Gul'dan and the Stranger
    Blizzard released a new comic today in PDF form.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The drums of war have begun to sound for Draenor’s orcs, and the power-mad warlock Gul’dan is the latest to play them. Brimming with fel energy, Gul’dan is convinced that his people will gain glory and strength if they only kneel to the demonic Burning Legion. But a hooded stranger has recently arrived in Gul’dan’s camp with a somewhat... contradictory vision.

The stranger has walked in places where terrifying war machines will soon shake the earth. From the smoldering ridges of Gorgrond to the hunting grounds of Nagrand, he watches over the orcish ranks, stoking their dreams of a united Horde: pure, free, and utterly dominant. And he has a message for Gul'dan.

We invite you to read and download the free comic, “Gul’dan and the Stranger,” written by Micky Neilson and illustrated by Alex Horley.

Learn more about Gul’dan’s past and future at Characters of Warcraft: Gul’dan.

EU Connected Realms Update - 06/08
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The following realms are scheduled to be connected on 13 August:

English Realms
    • (PvE) Azuremyst and Stormrage

German Realms
    • (PvP) Nathrezim and Anetheron/Festung der Stürme/Rajaxx/Gul'dan

The following realms are due to be connected after the realms above:

German Realms
    • (PvE) Rexxar and Alleria
    • (PvP) Kel'Thuzad and Arthas/Vek’lor/Blutkessel
    • (PvP) Onyxia and Dethecus/Terrordar/Mug’thol/Theradras

French Realms
    • (RP) Les Sentinelles and Confrerie du Thorium/Les Clairvoyants

We do not have a date for the following realm connections, but will update this post when we do:

English Realms
    • (PvE) Bronzebeard and Aerie Peak
    • (PvE) Doomhammer and Turalyon
    • (PvE) Emerald Dream and Terenas
    • (RP) Steamwheedle Cartel and Moonglade/The Sha'tar

German Realms
    • (PvP) Azshara and Krag'jin
    • (PvP) Wrathbringer and Arthas/Vek’lor/Blutkessel/Kel'Thuzad
    • (PvP) Gorgonnash and Nefarian/Nera'thor/Mannoroth/Destromath
    • (RP) Die ewige Wacht and Die Silberne Hand
    • (RP) Todeswache and Zirkel des Cenarius

Plans for these connections may change at any time. We’ll provide additional updates for future connections here as soon as we can.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Racials
    Is there a reason why the undead racial is not scaling and every other race do?
    The fact that it's not a % and others are does not mean that it doesn't scale and they do. Its damage does scale with other stats. (Celestalon)
    Whereas something like 1% crit could also be read as 130 crit rating, which "doesn't scale" just as much (but still really does). (Celestalon)

The troll beast exp racial needs to go, I want stay a troll druid, but will always min/max! Just a pointless racial with endgame
    Yes, it's a useless racial at endgame. But so what? It doesn't make trolls any worse at endgame. (Celestalon)

Classes
    Death Knight (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Is there any chance to give Death Grip a 8yrd minimum range like charges, so they can't use it as an interrupt
    You won't be able to do it twice in Warlords. Giving up your only gap closer to stop a cast is a reasonable tradeoff (holinka)

also, I know you have heard it a ton of time. Is there ANY hope that our only raid CD, AMZ, can get moved out of talents?
    We're still satisfied with AMZ being a talent. (Celestalon)
    Raiding is only part of the game, and it's not necessarily ideal in all, or even most raid encounters. It's a viable choice. (Celestalon)

Blood is by far the least engaging tank. I still love them, but it seems like they are being made even more bare bones.
    I would definitely disagree with you. Rotational simplicity does not mean shallowness. (Celestalon)
    Actually, unless there's some interesting interaction between abilities that's exactly what a simpler rotation means!
    But there are more interesting interactions between abilities. (Celestalon)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    With the Hunter pets no longer having crowd-control abilities (My sha-spider will cry) how will Hunters crowd control?
    Freezing Trap, Narrow Escape, Binding Shot / Intimidation / Wyvern Sting. (Celestalon)

Mage (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    still no change to fire. Please consider synchronizing Prismatic Crystal better with Fire's only dps CD.
    Prismatic Crystal already 2.3x's the value of Combustion, due to spreading it via Inferno Blast. No need. (Celestalon)

Shaman (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Are you OK with the totem talent tier, especially for DPS spec in PvE ? Many Sham say "meg" about this talent row.
    It's not a great talent row. We see it as being not actively bad, just pretty "meh", as you say. We'd like to improve or... (Celestalon)
    ...replace it at some point, but it's not at the top of our list of priorities at the moment, since it's not causing problems (Celestalon)
    You said the totem tier isnt a great talent row. Isnt it because the whole totem mechanism is a bit old and need a rework ?
    A) Spamming doesn't help. B) Designs aren't bad because they get "old". (Celestalon)

Why does elemental blast not have a healing component for resto? Its the only dps talent without a healing component.
    Granting you increased Spirit is effectively a healing component, by giving you more mana to cast more expensive heals. (Celestalon)
    So it's purely a resource building spell with a 2 second cast time?
    I don't think that "purely" is an appropriate word for it. It does damage, some of a random stat, and a bunch of spirit. (Celestalon)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    You changed the tooltip on Burning rush in Beta; I need some clarification please. Can we absorb this self-afflicted damage?
    It's now like any other DoT. (Celestalon)

PvE
    I cant invite someone to a group to share a tag if I'm queued for a dungeon w/o losing q
    That's a terrible quality of life issue, and is one we'd like to fix. (WatcherDev)

any chance we can get a guaranteed fresh LFR at least for first one each week? sucks sitting for 2 hour long queues
    So then backfilling LFR on the first evening of the week would be literally impossible? (WatcherDev)
    If you've killed the final boss of an LFR wing, you're at least guaranteed a fresh instance if you requeue. (WatcherDev)

I've gotta know. Some kind of anti-pet boss damage mechanism? Staghelm etc. hit my Tenacity pet much harder than they do me.
    Many raid bosses are flagged to do triple damage when meleeing player pets. We really don't want pets tanking raid bosses. (WatcherDev)
    Can we have that NOT interfere with soloing old content, please?
    This has been this way for literally 5 years. It's not some new system. Pet classes can solo just fine despite it. (WatcherDev)

PvP
    Will there be timers for bg's built into the UI in WoD?
    Unfortunately no. High on the todo list tho. (holinka)
    There's an add-on called bgtimers out there that might help you. (holinka)

Can you gear up playing in Ashran only or will bgs/arenas be required for highest end? (ratings?)
    You can earn conquest in Ashran, but it won't increase your cap. So it's doable, but not the most efficient route. (holinka)

Will there be pve incentives to go to ashran as well
    It will have some endgame rewards in common with other zones so it will be worthwhile for PvE players too. (holinka)

What do you feel is a fair criteria for CC that's bad for the game? Is there a clear line for you?
    We should shoot to have counters to everything. (holinka)
    Prediction-counters or post-hit counters? If former, what's a counter to e.g. Storm Bolt? Instant, ranged, undispellable, free.
    WoW PvP is a team game and teammate play has to be considered a counter. In this case, how do you react to Stormbolt. (holinka)
    And, for some comps, there is no reaction counter either, depending on what the purpose of its use was.
    Prevention is one counter. Reaction is another. (holinka)

Currently there're 620(675 in pvp) blues and 660(690 in pvp) epics in database. Is this going to be the gear system in 6.0?
    Yes those are the ilevels for the Veteran Honor gear and Conquest gear respectively. Honor gear is 600 (660 in pvp). (holinka)

how's tank viability in pvp comin along?
    I actually think they have a really fun role in the large Ashran fights. They really push the fight forward. (holinka)

Will Garrisons have any PvP integration? Any reason for PvPers to be excited about Garrisons aside from building bonuses?
    There will be some PvP elements. More to come. (holinka)

Lore
    Also, do arrakoa dye their feathers as decoration/sign of rank, or do they prefer jewelry and other such things?
    Arrakoa definitely love shiny jewelry. might have answers to your other questions! He's our Arrak-expert. (DaveKosak)

Related; are the gender difference in arrakoa based in the colors/patterns of their feather coats like RL birds?
    Not related to feather color or anything obvious to non-arakkoa. They appear androgynous to other races. (_DonAdams)

Will ingame Thrall be renamed to Go'el anytime soon? Every character in War Crimes calls him like that already.
    In-game only very close intimates call him Go'el. Most characters will continue to refer to him as "Thrall." (DaveKosak)

Reputation / Questing
    Please reconsider no dailies; they're something to do beyond dungeon grinding, and give a way to make money besides profs and AH
    There are many more things to do in the outdoor world, and more ways to make money. We just found things more fun than blue !s. (craig_amai)
    dailies can tell a story; timeless isle-esque grinding doesnt. Is the world stuff just grinding mobs and having to play AH?
    Much more than grinding and AH. Real story quests, guided attacks on enemy bases, many garrison efforts. (craig_amai)
    Dailies do have their place, and they're not gone completely, we're just favoring new fun structures. (craig_amai)

Final Boss #52 - Warlords Tanking
    This week Final Boss talked to Arielle of Bear Retirement Home and Reniat of WHATEVER WERE AWESOME about Guardian Druids and Blood Death Knights in Warlords of Draenor.

Last edited by chaud; 2014-08-08 at 07:56 AM.

That guy's face in the tweet probably sums up the Alliance's reaction to the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that is the final price, I hope Blizzard is braced for the incoming s@%t storm that they are going to be hit with, because at that price, hardly anyone will actually buy the bike.

With Bartering, for 8k more gold, you can get the Grand Expedition Yak. The Yak comes with two passengers seats, which are filled with a Repair Vendor and a Reforger (replaced with a Transmogrifier in WoD). The bike is a single-seat mount with nothing special about it other than its origin.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2014-08-08 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, if that is the final price, I hope Blizzard is braced for the incoming s@%t storm that they are going to be hit with, because at that price, hardly anyone will actually buy the bike.
    ...thus making the bike more rare and actually worth riding. The Horde bike will be everywhere and after the first month or so, no one will really ride it anymore. The Alliance bike, on the other hand, will be less common and those that do ride it will feel like it was a good 100k spent due to the monetary exclusivity!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And yet people buy the panthers, the vendor mounts, the black market auction house mounts etc...

100k? You dont think i have better things to buy at the beginning of an expansion? Flasks? Mats for my garrison?

The grand expedition mount was 108k and im not even mad bout that cause it had a use. Vendors and reforge!

I was thinkin more around 30-50k TOPS!

Deleted
    100k for a stupid snowmobile? NO WAY MISTER!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    That guy's face in the tweet probably sums up the Alliance's reaction to the price.
    Hahaha! I certainly won't be buying that mount any time soon. :|
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Blizzard is high if they think anyone, even the richest people, are going to buy that mount for 100k.

100K for a mount that doesn' nothing and ill never use again...ya no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Blizzard is high if they think anyone, even the richest people, are going to buy that mount for 100k.
    Honestly, the handling of everything related to Azeroth Chopper has been a massive disaster on Blizzards part.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Is the mount account wide? Like if you have the horde counterpart, if you have the alliance version on your allie character?

I got a feeling that the events of "Gul'dan and the Stranger" will be the Cinematic for WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainfeeder View Post
    Is the mount account wide? Like if you have the horde counterpart, if you have the alliance version on your allie character?
    I doubt it, because if that was how it worked, why would anyone buy the mount when all they would have to do is make a Horde character and claim the Horde bike to get the Alliance bike?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrush View Post
    I got a feeling that the events of "Gul'dan and the Stranger" will be the Cinematic for WoD
    I personally figure it's either going to be the meeting three days later with Garrosh and Grom revealing Gul'dans plot to the rest of the orcs, or the Iron Horde emerging from the Dark Portal into our Azeroth.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainfeeder View Post
    For as far as i've read, it's faction bound.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad there are so many good looking wow-players...

Still haven't heard it confirmed or denied if the Horde chopper will be available to buy in game after 30 Sept. Bit annoying having the time limit really, it does feel like an attempt to gouge more subs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    Still haven't heard it confirmed or denied if the Horde chopper will be available to buy in game after 30 Sept. Bit annoying having the time limit really, it does feel like an attempt to gouge more subs out.
    That is exactly what it is, but 6.0 will be coming out on or before the 30th more than likely so it isn't really that big of a deal.

lol as Blizzard continues to only favor Horde and the alliance can sit and spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    That is exactly what it is, but 6.0 will be coming out on or before the 30th more than likely so it isn't really that big of a deal.
    Well, I was hoping to avoid re-subbing until WoD. Not like 6.0 will really introduce much to keep me playing. At the earliest I might re-sub for the anniversary stuff, 40 man MC and stuff might be fun enough to justify it.