Mobile Megathread: Icy Floes 2.0

(Base post copy/pasted from the WoD Beta sticky)

Just for fun, let's assume the change to Icy Floes is intended to allow us to do non-Magey stuff with it. I'd like to find everything we can do with it specifically because I know there's a few things we can't do. So, here's the big ol' list of stuff that I and others have found.

• Blizzard, Teleport, and Portals (while all Mage stuff, this is all new to IF 2.0)
    • Changing to your other specialization (this one actually does eat your charge because all buffs are lost upon changing specs)
    • Mounting (both flight and ground)
    • Using a Hearthstone (both normal and Garrison/Glowing)
    • Professions (I tested making a Linen Bandage to great success on the move! Will need to be tested with Enchanting due to its "targeting an equipment piece/enchanting vellum" mechanic) [This also makes me wonder why we can't craft stuff on a mount or on a taxi mount...]
    • Gathering (including Mining, Skinning, and Herbalism, in addition to quest gathering and whatnot, though you have to be stood still to actually loot the item(s) and you need to be within a decent range for it to count as well. It's really funny to be walking around a node or dead animal as you mine, pick, or skin it though!)
    • Lightning a campfire
    • Fishing (Yes, you can even walk around while your bobber is out with this!)
    • Bandages (You cannot start using a bandage while moving unfortunately, but if you stop for a second, start wrapping, and then start moving with an IF charge up, you can continue the cast while moving) [Tested and confirmed to work when bandaging yourself and other players]
    • Concentration Potions (The Mana+ potions that makes you meditate, you can actually move around and jump while "meditating" with Icy Floes, though if it expires, you will stop channeling immediately [you can also cast Icy Floes during it as well])
    • Treessassin's Disguise (Usually cancelled with movement, this allows you to both move and mount disguised as a tree) {Hat tip to Halanad for this one}

Oh, and even with our immense Intellect levels, we still haven't learned how to eat and/or drink while moving.

If there's something not on the list, something you want me to test, or just want to discuss how awesome Icy Floes 2.0 is, just post and I'll get right on it!

PS: I swear to hell, MMO-Champ loves to drive my OCD nuts with the paragraph settings >_>;
    PPS: Haven't been following them, but Warlock's KJC (L90 mobile talent) only allows Warlock spells. I guess that's Blizzard making up to us after MoP
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-08-23 at 06:05 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    PS: I swear to hell, MMO-Champ loves to drive my OCD nuts with the paragraph settings >_>;
    You need something fixed?

Anyways on topic, I can see them nerfing some of the mechanics if this is intended.. Then again would be funny to run around a pillar hearthstoning away from an enemy trying to kill you.

i'm assuming since eating isnt a "cast bar" situation it wouldnt work. that would be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    i'm assuming since eating isnt a "cast bar" situation it wouldnt work. that would be hilarious.

we're mages, we should be able to conjure something to sit on and move us around while we eat!

Deleted
    Mages,

The only class in the game that is competent enough to both eat and walk at the same time!?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    You need something fixed?
    It's like any time I make a list or a decently sized thread, the damn thing just wants to make spacing out of wack. It seems okay for the time being, but thank you. I'll letcha know if it gets a bit crazy when I add more stuff to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Anyways on topic, I can see them nerfing some of the mechanics if this is intended.. Then again would be funny to run around a pillar hearthstoning away from an enemy trying to kill you.
    I think my favorite that I discovered last night is the Concentration Potion PS: Flaskataur sells these on the L100 beta realms if you guys want to try it yourself!

Yeah, that's probably why, but still. Concentration Potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    Mages,

The only class in the game that is competent enough to both eat and walk at the same time!?
    And yet we can't.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I got a good one. Treessassin's Disguise. It turns you into a tree for 1 minute and removes you from combat and normally movement cancels it. Using this toy with Ice Floes, however, turns you into a literal walking tree. This can also be used on a mount to make a mounted tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Halanad View Post
    I got a good one. Treessassin's Disguise. It turns you into a tree for 1 minute and removes you from combat and normally movement cancels it. Using this toy with Ice Floes, however, turns you into a literal walking tree. This can also be used on a mount to make a mounted tree.
    Ooh, nice find! I didn't get to test Level 3 Lumber Mill yet, but this'll be a fun one. Thanks!

Favourite is by far dismounting in air and then mounting up again just before you fall to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Trylldom View Post
    Favourite is by far dismounting in air and then mounting up again just before you fall to the ground.
    Does that actually prevent falling damage? Not that it matters since we have Blink, Slow Fall, and Ice Block, but still

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Ooh, nice find! I didn't get to test Level 3 Lumber Mill yet, but this'll be a fun one. Thanks!
    You can get Treessassin's Disguise without Level 3 Lumber Mill. If you have level 2 you simply need to find a petrified ancient which appears on your mini-map as if it was a normal tree. When you try to lumberjack it, it attacks you and drops an item which gives the quest "Legacy of the Ancients" which requires summoning and defeating 4 ancients via lumberjacking medium Timber in Shadowmoon Valley, Gorgrond, Spires of Arak and Nagrand. The quest rewards Treessassin's Disguise account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Halanad View Post
    You can get Treessassin's Disguise without Level 3 Lumber Mill. If you have level 2 you simply need to find a petrified ancient which appears on your mini-map as if it was a normal tree. When you try to lumberjack it, it attacks you and drops an item which gives the quest "Legacy of the Ancients" which requires summoning and defeating 4 ancients via lumberjacking medium Timber in Shadowmoon Valley, Gorgrond, Spires of Arak and Nagrand. The quest rewards Treessassin's Disguise account-wide.
    Hmmm... Might have to hop on the beta for this then I've just been more busy testing the PvP realm because having 660+ iLevel is way better than 592