Assassination on beta king of down time?

Is it just me or does assassination rogue's game play feel like that scene from Meet The Parents where they're trying to race home yet every few seconds get stopped by a red light?

Assassination can pool a pretty big energy pool and with Enhanced Envenom it seems like you want to try and get all your attacks in and then pool energy again before you envenom and only really attack in that window.

I get that it's nice wanting to follow procs and fit things into little burst windows and not just mindlessly spam but honestly it just seems like they took a boring spec and made it even more boring. No longer have shadow blades to sometimes speed up the spec and make it a little bit more fun so the rotation never changes aside from dispatch (which admittedly felt a lot smoother).

I guess it's just another "haste will fix it" situation although even more than ever assassination is going to be stacking mastery over anything. The down time on the spec just feels wrong. With 155 energy it takes awhile to pool that back up so after you blow your load you just kind of sit there for awhile twiddling your thumbs til you can do something again.

Also seems like anticipation would be 100% mandatory since you never want to clip envenom since that's a dps loss but with pooling a giant energy pool you will be guaranteed to hit over 5cp after that burst while you're still under the original envenom.

The only times it changed up was on a multi-target fight where you can put up multiple ruptures which was pretty cool and made it feel like I had infinite energy almost and then during the execute phase since even with base haste from crappy gear it still felt like there was almost enough of an energy regen to get enough dispatches off in an envenom to have 0 down time and just spam dispatch/envenom.

Otherwise for the majority of a fight it seems like a 50% downtime spec which seems like a really poor design choice.

I am really fine with large downtime, and I feel that without HUGE downtime in first tier we won't have much of anything later. I mean, these things span like a hundred item levels, and item levels mean the same thing, same percent difference between them as always.

Assassination is faster on beta than live.

The king of wait time will be Combat when the Ruthlessnes bug is fixed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination on beta is much faster than assassination in challenge modes or proving grounds, which is the assassination we should be comparing it with. In multi-target situations I think it is too fast. Also the playstyle is the same as on live. If you are not fitting your abilities within the envenom buff you are doing it wrong. Especially with the kind of uptime we currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I am really fine with large downtime, and I feel that without HUGE downtime in first tier we won't have much of anything later. I mean, these things span like a hundred item levels, and item levels mean the same thing, same percent difference between them as always.
    That is the reason I don't like energy scaling with haste. First tier is slow as hell, and with bis from the last tier it feels like you just constantly have to dump your energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    That is the reason I don't like energy scaling with haste. First tier is slow as hell, and with bis from the last tier it feels like you just constantly have to dump your energy.
    That's why haste always "fix" it.

We should change the class description to "Master of band-aids"

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a discussion about different spec's uptimes on beta!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28715788
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-08-09 at 12:23 AM.