To be succesful in an MMO you need to meet the following expectations:
1. Time: If you don't have the time to play you'll easily see others 'outplaying' you because they managed to gather better gear, level faster than you, get their attunement or legendary questlines done faster etc.
2. Friends: Having a lot of friends and social interactions in an MMO usually helps you a lot in getting better raidspots and roles and might even increase the likelihood you'll even get to raid or get better loot and rewards.
3. Dedication: A lot of MMOs put big rewards behind long timesinks. It might be sometimes as exhausting as a seemingly endless reputationgrind or just a large amount of materials that must be gathered over a long period of time to give you an edge over other people you might be competing with in the game.
4. Self-control: Sometimes things go wrong and it really affects you and makes you angry. Can you control your anger or rage or will you quit the raidguild because you didn't get the loot you wanted?
5. Skill: C'mon now, is anyone really going to pick this? Everyone knows you are the most skilled player in the universe.
Which one is your biggest weakness? The one thing you just don't have enough of?