Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can i just buy a level 25 pet?

I want to beat that brawlers guild pet, can i just buy a 25 pet? Cause level a pet to 25 takes so damn long :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

You can buy a level 25 pet, but you cannot "learn" a pet until you have at least one of that level already.
    So get at least one to level 25 first the old-fashioned way, or catching one at level 25, which would require likely one or more near that level anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You can buy a level 25 pet, but you cannot "learn" a pet until you have at least one of that level already.
    So get at least one to level 25 first the old-fashioned way, or catching one at level 25, which would require likely one or more near that level anyway.
    Bah that will take ages

It might take you a few hours to get your first three to level 25. Yes, I said 3; I imagine it's quicker and more-rewarding to level 3 pets up to level 25 at the same time than trying to level up a single pet and have to wait on pet resses so often.

I just followed this guide for the most part.

Without it the "few hours" part is complete BS. Leapfrogging using type-weakness can cut down the 20+ hour process to about 3-5.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just buy my way to level 100, can I just buy all the heroic progression gear, can I buy all the rare mounts? This can I just buy my way up to everything in this GAME needs to go away lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Can I just buy my way to level 100, can I just buy all the heroic progression gear, can I buy all the rare mounts? This can I just buy my way up to everything in this GAME needs to go away lol.
    Leveling 600-some pets by hand is excruciatingly painful. I prefer to throw gold at it to make it less so.
    Does this make me lazy? Probably, but it hasnt stopped me from hand-leveling 250+ non-cageable pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

just up capture pets, best advice I can give you can capture pets 2-4 levels higher than you as long as you have a pet that is strong against what you are catching. This is how I did it and basically when you can get to a high enough level to capture a Kun Lai Runt you can then farm Valley critters with his OP beast attacks and easily power level pets once he is 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Leveling 600-some pets by hand is excruciatingly painful. I prefer to throw gold at it to make it less so.
    Does this make me lazy? Probably, but it hasnt stopped me from hand-leveling 250+ non-cageable pets.
    My post is more aimed at the people who don't want to make the effort to get even one pet to 25, I apologize for not being specific but I understand it from your point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the fun in THAT? It only takes a few trainer fights to level one anyway...

On my realm, I offer a service where I level any cageable pet from 1 to 25 for 500g. Takes about 30 minutes. Maybe someone else offers a similar service on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Where's the fun in THAT? It only takes a few trainer fights to level one anyway...
    Trainer fights... Yea that. I didnt even end up doing trainer fights until I had captured at least half of Kalimdor in rare quality, and had about 10 level 25 pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    On my realm, I offer a service where I level any cageable pet from 1 to 25 for 500g. Takes about 30 minutes. Maybe someone else offers a similar service on your server.
    Send me a PM, we might be able to do some business.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I have leveled all 599+ of my pets to level 25 never mind the few 100 I have sold on the ah.
    Yes your first team and I do mean team of 3 to 25 takes a little work.
    But if you follow the trainer quest line and defeat them as you go it is pretty easy.
    Guess what after you beat them all you get the safari hat that adds 10% xp to pet leveling.
    Makes leveling the rest much easier.
    It suppose to be a bit if a grind but if you want the pets, safari hat, titles that come with it should expect that.

- - - Updated - - -

What brawlers guild pet to beat?
    You get the pet from the brawlers guild when you reach level 4 with them.
    Actually you are allowed to buy the pet once level 4 with the brawlers guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I have leveled all 599+ of my pets to level 25 never mind the few 100 I have sold on the ah.
    But if you follow the trainer quest line and defeat them as you go it is pretty easy.
    Guess what after you beat them all you get the safari hat that adds 10% xp to pet leveling.
    It suppose to be a bit if a grind but if you want the pets, safari hat, titles that come with it should expect that.

- - - Updated - - -

He's talking about the epic pet in northrend you have to beat to get the brawler's guild item to fight optional bosses I assume.

It took me a few tries, but I just caught three 20-22 birds by wyrmrest. Unfortunately you still have to level a pet high enough to damage the birds/other random pets that fight you there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post

- - - Updated - - -

From the achievement, u need to kill special battle pet to get to kill the special boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    I just followed this guide for the most part.

Without it the "few hours" part is complete BS. Leapfrogging using type-weakness can cut down the 20+ hour process to about 3-5.
    Alright thanks!

Wanted to make sure I have learned to never assume what one is asking for.
    Never know what half or flat out wrong info they are going on.

To beat this guy you will need at least 2 level 25's if not three.
    Also they need to be the right three, not any three will beat him.
    Plenty of guides as to why will beat him.
    If that is all that you want out of pet battling is to beat him and get the brawlers guild quest drop then just level a team of three you plan to beat him with.
    Can start right in SW beating the rats and stuff until those pets level 4 and then go out into the world.
    Each zone the pets get a little higher but wild pet battles are the easiest since they don't counter anything they just do random attacks.
    If you can beat some wild ones a few levels ahead if you, you get added xp.
    It will take a little while but not that long.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post

hehe

Last I checked everything you mentioned is already being sold ;p
    Boosts, level, gold, mounts...etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Bah that will take ages
    It really doesn't.

The trick requires a bit of patience, but typically, you want to run around until you catch level 22s and 23s. I think Shadowmoon Valley has a good elemental that's pretty nasty.

Afterwards, start chain running the trainers everyday since they give heaps of XP. It shouldn't take you more than a couple days of dailies (Winterspring has a good one) before you hit 25.

Is there a way to level them really fast? Tips or tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    Is there a way to level them really fast? Tips or tricks?
    Once you get a few "core" pets to 25, then yes - http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ling-your-pet/