Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Akaihiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Columbus OH
    Posts
    1,097
    Blizzard's 6.0 group finder will not allow you to set requirements for a raid that you yourself don't meet. So no rogue in timeless gear insisting on 550+ so he can get carried.

  2. #42
    only one thing to say yes...

  3. #43
    Item level is removed. Okay. Now it's replaced by gearscore or a lengthy discourse between the group leader and your gear. The issue isn't item level it's the fact that item level is all that counts now and achievements from my main are more or less worthless for my alts. But that's just the community. Most players are mediocre so everyone myself included tries to pad that by looking for higher ilevels. That's just how it is.
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

  4. #44
    Even if it were removed from gear it would still be there. Hell gearscore was there before there was an in game ilvl. It would just come back. People would just require achievements. If you've played "hardcore" from 2004-2011 you should know better than what you are saying

  5. #45
    I think the gear level should not matter. The drop rate should matter.

    You would have a higher drop rate for better gear in more challenging content.

    But every mob or boss you would kill would offer a chance to get the same gear as the people get which play organization based or challenging content.

    Basically, WoW should have the same loot system D3 has.
    ~ sic transit gloria mundi ~

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Blitzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,718
    Someone would make an addon that replaced it with something else *cough* gearscore *cough*, and nothing would be solved.

    Because it sounds like you're doing more dps then others for your average item level though, it would be nice to see something like an ingame feature of where you test your raid dps with all damage buffs, then have an ingame link you can link to others showing how much DPS you're doing.

    It would be scripted and tested by Blizzard, so false numbers wouldn't be provided.

    I actually think this idea is brilliant.

    Omg, time to become a developer.
    Last edited by Blitzo; 2014-08-10 at 06:12 PM.
    “It is either easy or impossible.” - Salvador Dali

    WoW characters:
    Blitzo[Warrior] -Rex[Hunter] -Jax [Warlock] -
    Gluttony [Mage]

  7. #47
    Ilvl isn't the real issue. It's how players can easily obtain gear while just going for a walk in an instance then just using currency to make it appear higher. If you want to see a resolution OP to skill gaps, it would probably be addressed better by increasing the challenge of getting competitive gear and slashing upgrading. Currently you could have every Ordos piece and be ilvl 575+ with full upgrades vs 580 from someone who did heroics but hasn't upgraded yet. Dumb if you ask me.

  8. #48
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Because it sounds like you're doing more dps then others for your average item level though, it would be nice to see something like an ingame feature of where you test your raid dps with all damage buffs, then have an ingame link you can link to others showing how much DPS you're doing.
    i like this one too...vote +

    EDIT: and i would like to see also what would be your dps with your ilvl...if you perform much lower of what it should be your group could kick you based on evidence...
    i mean ok you are 600 ilvl , on this fight your dps should be 500k , but you are doing 300k...kick
    PS: sorry for bad english.
    Last edited by Lupin3rd; 2014-08-10 at 06:24 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Because it sounds like you're doing more dps then others for your average item level though, it would be nice to see something like an ingame feature of where you test your raid dps with all damage buffs, then have an ingame link you can link to others showing how much DPS you're doing.
    Blizzard will now store results from Female Dwarf, SimCraft, and AMR and can be sent to others for a in game fee.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Most people are too lazy to check out your actual item level on Armory, so lie about it.
    This, if I come short I just lie about it. I never end up the bottem of dps regardless. Though sometimes it just annoys me and I state single target dps instead of item lv. If they then continou to ask for item level, wich they do more often then not, then they are just clueless. And better in another group.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    This, if I come short I just lie about it. I never end up the bottem of dps regardless. Though sometimes it just annoys me and I state single target dps instead of item lv. If they then continou to ask for item level, wich they do more often then not, then they are just clueless. And better in another group.
    Knowing that SoO is everything but single dps on at least 75% of the bosses they aren't that clueless. Giving a worthless information (which is btw hard to measure and more than easy to lie about) instead of one just as worthless isn't driving anyone anywhere. You better show off your knowledge of the fights with achievements, or give any other good reason to take you instead of anyone else.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Well my time doesn't always warrant being able to raid with old guildies. I've made my own groups for things and sometimes it goes well sometimes player are like "oh this noob has a 510 ilvl he can't run ToT! You gotta be 540+!" /facepalm. And it seems on certain toons I have terrible luck in LFR week after week. I could probly get all my PvP prideful and be better off doing that because of the Oh so greatness of item level.
    Seriously if you are only 510 you cant be as good as you claim as even my alt nr 8 is at least 520.....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    His complaint is that he's guildless and LFR puts him under 530.
    which is not true cause 528 + 16 = 544.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    which is not true cause 528 + 16 = 544.
    There's no point in upgrading lfr gear (besides maybe the weapon, and even then I only go as far up as 2/4 because I might get a flex weapon on the same week).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •