Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So black holes in our universe create 2D universes and black holes in 2D universes create 1D universes and then what? Maybe I just don't understand this, but I'm not sure if I like this theory. A black hole creating another 3 dimensional universe seems more realistic, but I won't even pretend to know anything about this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I thought the 4th dimension was supposed to be time. How does that work?
    Context. Sometimes they mean time, sometimes they mean 4th space dimension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I thought the 4th dimension was supposed to be time. How does that work?
    In this context, the fourth dimension is spatial, not temporal. If string theory is true, and I'm not saying it is, but if it is, there could be eleven spatial dimensions. But as three dimensional beings, we can only see three dimensions. If we came across a 4 dimensional object, or higher, we'd only see three dimensions of it. Like if we were only 2 dimensional, we'd only see a cross section of a 3 dimensional object. However, anyway we cut it, our minds cannot visualize more than 3 spatial dimensions.

Our universe is at minimum three spatial dimensions and one temporal dimension.
    Putin khuliyo

Supermassive Black holes seem to be vitally important to a galaxy. Since it seems they all have one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    In this context, the fourth dimension is spatial, not temporal. If string theory is true, and I'm not saying it is, but if it is, there could be eleven spatial dimensions. But as three dimensional beings, we can only see three dimensions. If we came across a 4 dimensional object, or higher, we'd only see three dimensions of it. Like if we were only 2 dimensional, we'd only see a cross section of a 3 dimensional object. However, anyway we cut it, our minds cannot visualize more than 3 spatial dimensions.

Our universe is at minimum three spatial dimensions and one temporal dimension.
    Would that mean we're fundamentally incapable of understanding how space really works? If so, that is rather disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko031 View Post
    These kind of things creep me the hell out...
    I remember reading something like *the space is still expanding* where the hell is it expanding?? whats beyond space?? where is space going?? what does he want
    he wants your trix but dont worry, trix are for kids.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Would that mean we're fundamentally incapable of understanding how space really works? If so, that is rather disappointing.
    Eh, we might be better off not knowing. Or we're just not supposed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Eh, we might be better off not knowing. Or we're just not supposed to.
    No.

Knowledge is how we progress and survive as a species.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No.

Knowledge is how we progress and survive as a species.
    When did i say knowledge was bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Beyond space is hyper-space and before time we had hyper-time.
    hmm... maybe we're one step closer to discovering stripper-space and stripper-time.