Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not the final price; 99% of WoW players never had more than 10k in their pockets at any given time, let alone 100k.
    right - like you saw no people with the travelers mamout or the reforge mount, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it will make it a rather rare mount assuming they keep the price where it is. That's an interesting side effect and fodder for future BMAH stuff. I don't really care either way since I'm not a mount collector. But it's true that creating a raging tempest in the smallest teapot imaginable is what a lot of people look to do now. Screw 'em.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The actual shitstorm erupted when the price got datamined. Sorry.
    #shamelessselfpromotion #delusionsofgrandeur #pointlessthreads
    #Dude, #I #can't #click #your #hash #tags. #hashtagsforeverything

10+ Year Old Account
    There aint a real reason not to unsub in WoD, cause everything is going so well, so they gotta whine about the most bullshít thing, 100k? like really?
    Srsly i wonder sometimes how dumb people can be. 100k is nothing in todays world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The actual shitstorm erupted when the price got datamined. Sorry.
    #shamelessselfpromotion #delusionsofgrandeur #pointlessthreads
    That's not datamining, though; that's exactly what it looks like on the beta server vendor.

The whole point of the price tag is to keep it from the masses. I'm actually suprised they even put it in, and the mere fact that it's in the game at all is a massive consolation prize.... no matter the price, and 100k is worth it for a mount you shouldn't even have.

People are quick to forget this was a competition, and there are no participation trophies here.... the Horde won so they get the prize, the Alliance lost. If Alliance people want the bike they've got to pay.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-08-08 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think the price is a lot higher than it should be, too. But jeez.. all of the "Horde bias" calls in response to Jonathan LeCraft's reply to you are just idiotic and SHAMUFURU.

But you aren't to blame for them, so don't worry.
    They've had a bias for years and have only promoted it more ever since BlizzCon.

As much as I love WoW, it's made the community even more toxic since Wrath. Luckily I'm in a good Horde guild full of goofballs instead of meat heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    People are quick to forget this was a competition, and there are no participation trophies here.... the Horde won so they get the prize, the Alliance lost. If Alliance people want the bike they've got to pay.
    It was a "competition" done by a third party website instead of Battle.net. That's kind of why even I have an issue with this whole bike shit. I'm glad it's over now and I can get both (in time).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The whole point of the price tag is to keep it from the masses. I'm actually suprised they even put it in, and the mere fact that it's in the game at all is a massive consolation prize.... no matter the price, and 100k is worth it for a mount you shouldn't even have.

It was a one-sided "competition", at best, so stop even bringing that up. Blizzard intentionally picked a better design team for the Horde bike, don't even think anything else. Furthermore, they knew the Horde bike would win even if it was just a wooden rocking horse with an engine on it because Horde fanboys come out in mass droves for everything Blizzard does. Remember the Red vs. Blue votes for Mountain Dew? Red won by a landslide, and most people said it actually tasted worse.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Alliance players would rather not have the mount at all than create such a gigantic gold disparity between the two factions. If even 1% of Alliance players buy that mount, you're looking at an income loss in the Alliance community as a whole of over 250 MILLION gold. This is the first time they've ever offered a mount to one faction for gold while the other got it for free, and the fact that they're willing to charge such an exuberant amount for it shows they don't even care about the ramifications it could have on the players in the short and long term.

Sorry, but I have to agree with anyone saying "Horde bias", because they're definitely not thinking of the better interests of the Alliance community with this decision. Which isn't anything new, given their track record.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present