Thread: US strikes Iraq

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I'm usually not in favor of bombing people to democracy but when it comes to wiping out ISIS ...
    Turn everything controlled by ISIS to glass.

nuke the fuck out of that idiots from isis

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The US is the cause of all wars throughout history, apparently, according to some people on this forum.
    Actually Yes. This is how superpowers of the time behave. It is part of the parcel of being superpower. Even before the Crusades, Roman Empire was involved with affairs of the nomedic arabian tribes. When the Roman Empire weakened, the newly unified Arabian tribes returned the favor, then divided European Nations returned the favor with Crusades, and then came Ottomans, then came British, and lastly the U.S., Soviets, and China.

Has turkey made peace with the PKK yet? Can we finally carve out a kurdish state in iraq?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to pay for bombs to kill Islamist armies that are enslaving women, butchering anyone of another religion, and literally trying to take over the world.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    not an expert here, but won't this lead to the same place as before? strikes cannot defeat them without the US having a ground presence there as well? or do they just hope to weaken them enough so that the Iraqi army can deal with it themselves?

anyway, i do support the strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    Has turkey made peace with the PKK yet? Can we finally carve out a kurdish state in iraq?
    are not we trying keep Iraq unified? And what country would agree to reduction of its territory without being defeated in War? Remember, Secession is Treason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'm happy to pay for bombs to kill Islamist armies that are enslaving women, butchering anyone of another religion, and literally trying to take over the world.
    They are also butchering Muslim. Somehow, Iraqi muslims are not muslim enough.

They need to do an investigation into who armed isis in the first place. Where did this group get such advanced weapons and tactics before they invaded Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    are not we trying keep Iraq unified? And what country would agree to reduction of its territory without being defeated in War? Remember, Secession is Treason.
    Huh. No need to worry about that. Iraq basically completely abandoned their northern areas. They've already "lost".

If not for the Kurds, ISIS would control the entirety of northern Iraq.

when it kills extremists and saves innocents then at least personally I'm all for it. then again I would argue we never should have set foot in Iraq a decade ago.

What does killing ISIS do? They are only relevant because we killed the person that kept them in check, Sadaam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What does killing ISIS do? They are only relevant because we killed the person that kept them in check, Sadaam.
    Right, so do you not think that increases the obligation of the US to intervene in this affair?

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Right, so do you not think that increases the obligation of the US to intervene in this affair?
    So we can fuck it up even more? Im 50/50 on tactically bombing, especially fuckheads like ISIS, but invading and occupying nah that aint gonna work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So we can fuck it up even more? Im 50/50 on tactically bombing, especially fuckheads like ISIS, but invading and occupying nah that aint gonna work.
    Well, all that is currently happening is tactical bombing.

15+ Year Old Account
    'religious community'?

It seems every large group 'Iraq' is a 'religious community'.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This shit will out live us all, just get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    They need to do an investigation into who armed isis in the first place. Where did this group get such advanced weapons and tactics before they invaded Iraq.
    Unfortunately they got all the advanced weaponry from us basically. The weapons and vehicles they currently have are from the Iraqi army we supplied after we started training the new Iraqi army. Secondly some are from the Syrian rebels we supported to help them topple Assads regime. Yep it's all coming back to bite us in the ass, you would think we would learn our lesson by now...

Edit: As for their tactics from what I've heard is that many are old seasoned officers from Saddams original army plus with their constant fighting in Syria they have gotten much more skilled in urban combat.
    Last edited by Doom; 2014-08-09 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few airstrikes don't seem like they're going to be enough to drive ISIS off. At some point the Iraqis need to stand up for themselves, but it'll be tough for them to do when ISIS is using our weapons against them.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2014-08-09 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    Unfortunately they got all the advanced weaponry from us basically. The weapons and vehicles they currently have are from the Iraqi army we supplied after we started training the new Iraqi army. Secondly some are from the Syrian rebels we supported to help them topple Assads regime. Yep it's all coming back to bite us in the ass, you would think we would learn our lesson by now...
    Advanced weaponry might be useful against untrained/undisciplined militaries like the Iraqi military, but if the UK, US, France, Germany, etc. get involved on the ground, the advanced weaponry won't do much good. Keep in mind also that advanced weaponry/gear is only as good as the logistical apparatus that supplies it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Advanced weaponry might be useful against untrained/undisciplined militaries like the Iraqi military, but if the UK, US, France, Germany, etc. get involved on the ground, the advanced weaponry won't do much good. Keep in mind also that advanced weaponry/gear is only as good as the logistical apparatus that supplies it.
    Oh I don't disagree with you at all, just merely stating/answering where they got them from