Thread: Save VuhDo!

Save VuhDo!

VuhDo, one of the most customizable and flexible healing frame addons, is no longer being supported by its creator. It would be lovely if someone with the proper expertise would take it over, as it is already start to get a bit glitchy in 5.4. I just wanted to make this thread to get the word out, so hopefully someone can take over updating and maintaining this wonderful addon.

2014-04-25: I (Iza) am sorry to announce that I'm not
    going to further develop or maintain VuhDo anymore.

I haven't been actively playing wow for some years
    now and lately - as you might have noticed -
    my efforts (and also interest) in maintaining and
    developing WoW addons tends to zero, so I'll be
    gone for good I guess.

Thanks to a fine community for the great times
    and for sharing all the uncounted ideas and suggestions
    which finally have made VuhDo what I believe is a decent
    addon.

All the best to you & keep it going,
    Iza
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/vuhdo

Oh god.... how will I heal D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Oh god.... how will I heal D:
    I've gone back to Clique over the past week and am now wondering why I left it for Vuhdo. My only problem now is finding a proper raid frame addon. I have tried Grid2 but seem to have a real problem getting the frames to show properly. They overlap each other and don't seem to be the same size. I really like ElvUI frames but they don't have HoT spell icons. I don't like having to figure out what color shapes mean. My next candidate is the original Grid, but I really don't want to have to use an additional 50 addons.

It would be nice to be able to find some Grid2 profiles or have an actual tutorial for ElvUI frame setup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I've gone back to Clique over the past week and am now wondering why I left it for Vuhdo. My only problem now is finding a proper raid frame addon. I have tried Grid2 but seem to have a real problem getting the frames to show properly. They overlap each other and don't seem to be the same size. I really like ElvUI frames but they don't have HoT spell icons. I don't like having to figure out what color shapes mean. My next candidate is the original Grid, but I really don't want to have to use an additional 50 addons.

It would be nice to be able to find some Grid2 profiles or have an actual tutorial for ElvUI frame setup.
    I use CompactRaid, it's customizable but has some nice default settings which resemble the default raid unit frames. I mostly just use it to resize the frames to my liking, but various types of indicators can be specified as well.

Eep. I can't imagine going back to clique and grid.

Currently humfras is listed as project manager, seems like he has taken over the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    Currently humfras is listed as project manager, seems like he has taken over the project.
    Oh thank goodness someone is going to attempt to take it over! Healers rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I really like ElvUI frames but they don't have HoT spell icons. I don't like having to figure out what color shapes mean.
    Why yes, yes they do! I use them on all my characters after I swapped from vuhdo an expansion ago. I used to use vuhdo frames + elv but now I use Elv and Clique. And ElvUI didn't have an aoe heal advice, so that's why I developed one! (See below).

The icons, you set them up under "Filters". It's called buff indicators. Add the spell and set it to show icon. If you need more help, send me a message and I can share my profile with you (I use affinitii's config which is included in ElvUI Shadow&Light plugin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Why yes, yes they do! I use them on all my characters after I swapped from vuhdo an expansion ago. I used to use vuhdo frames + elv but now I use Elv and Clique. And ElvUI didn't have an aoe heal advice, so that's why I developed one! (See below).

The icons, you set them up under "Filters". It's called buff indicators. Add the spell and set it to show icon. If you need more help, send me a message and I can share my profile with you (I use affinitii's config which is included in ElvUI Shadow&Light plugin.
    I sent you a PM