Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by newersumm View Post
    Ok Im right about to order the pc...will 500W Corsair do the job?
    The 550W XFX I linked earlier is a whopping 1€ more than the CX500 and is alot higher quality.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    Damn I havent noticed it. Ill order XFX then. Thank you so much tielknight

Damn I havent noticed it. Ill order XFX then. Thank you so much tielknight
    Yep Now the fun part begins! And by fun I mean impatiently waiting for everything to show up and then spending a few hours putting everything together and getting things running.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Deleted
    Well its about time, I havent ''upgraded'' my pc for more than 7 years now ^^
    Itll be awesome.
    Thanks again for putting up with me and tons of stupid questions, and eventually forcing me to consider an alternative to AiO
    I very much hope itll serve me well for next 10 years or so xD

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I very much hope itll serve me well for next 10 years or so xD
    With the way technology is increasing I wouldn't expect any current hardware to last 10 years. Hardware 10 years ago isn't even currently up to speed enough to do anything more than simple browsing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Umm.. what? This is clearly YOUR opinion and not a very accurate one for that matter.

Newer just go read the reviews on the PSU. Reviews in general are better references than him or I.
    I did. Raidmax is garbage.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/...upply_review/9
    http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...upply_review/9
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/article225-page5.html

@Arbiter, then again, my previous CPU lasted more than 5 years (i7 920) and is still very usable. Progress in terms of raw power has slowed down.
    Last edited by mmoc04fee285e2; 2014-08-20 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    With the way technology is increasing I wouldn't expect any current hardware to last 10 years. Hardware 10 years ago isn't even currently up to speed enough to do anything more than simple browsing.
    Progress has slowed tremendously in the past couple of years. Even Intel with their industry leading R&D, processes, and manufacturing is running into a bit of a wall. I'd expect 5 years easily at least.

Deleted
    I got a call yesterday that the XFX isnt available at the moment so I chose Corsair CW500 instead. Seemed like the best option.
    Now Im worried, will it have enough juice to power my pc properly? I checked the Asus power supply calculator and it recommended me 550W while other calculators recommended around 450. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    If you read carefully I tested several calculators already
    Its the asus one that makes me worry ><
    Last edited by mmoc38ddf8bb99; 2014-08-23 at 08:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Intel Core i5 4690K BOX procesor, Haswell
    GIGABYTE, LGA1150, IH97 (GA-H97-HD3)
    RAM Corsair DDR3 8GB kit PC1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA3 6GB/s 7200 64MB 3,5" ST1000DM003
    SSD Kingston 120GB V300 7mm (SV300S37A/120G)
    Gigabyte GF GTX 760 OC R2, Windforce 3X, 2048 MB GV-N760OC-2GD (REV. 2.0)
    Cpu cooler Cooler Master Hyper 103 - 92mm
    Well I'm having hard time following your current setup since you seem to continuously change it but if the above is correct then yes, technically 500 watts should be enough. It's not the wattage but the quality of the unit I'd be concerned about though. People did warn you about the Corsair CX line and since you chose to ignore it I'll just have to wish you good luck.

Deleted
    Thank you. Regarding the CX line, well it was either that or Chieftecs 500w. I chose Corsair.

Thank you. Regarding the CX line, well it was either that or Chieftecs 500w. I chose Corsair.
    Personally I would have spent a bit more and got a higher-tier XFX unit if they still had some, or just hopped back in here screaming HALP THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK WAT DO?!

The CX should work fine, though the CX500 only has about 456W on the 12V rail. The 600W version would be a better choice, though it ain't much better with 522W on the 12V rail >_>

edit
    Just went and looked at the box for my PSU(crap-tier Ultra-LSP) for shitsngiggles and it's a 550W with 492W on the 12V rail, thats a bit better than the CX is(in regards to rated wattage vs 12V output) if my brain is mathing correctly, thats a bit sad as the CX used to be alot better until they swapped OEMs(they were seasonics at first if i recall correctly, then they switched to CWT i think)
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-08-23 at 05:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand AIO PC's at all. They are pretty much worthless. It is a laptop without a keyboard that you can't carry around. The hardware is the same as a laptop. If I'm using laptop hardware, I want it to be a *laptop* so I can carry it around with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter if it only has 456W on the 12V rail since it won't be pulling that much from it with only i5+gtx 760.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Personally I would have spent a bit more and got a higher-tier XFX unit if they still had some, or just hopped back in here screaming HALP THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK WAT DO?!

The CX should work fine, though the CX500 only has about 456W on the 12V rail. The 600W version would be a better choice, though it ain't much better with 522W on the 12V rail >_>

edit
    Just went and looked at the box for my PSU(crap-tier Ultra-LSP) for shitsngiggles and it's a 550W with 492W on the 12V rail, thats a bit better than the CX is(in regards to rated wattage vs 12V output) if my brain is mathing correctly, thats a bit sad as the CX used to be alot better until they swapped OEMs(they were seasonics at first if i recall correctly, then they switched to CWT i think)
    Was it? I thought it was the RM one that used to be Seasonic first beforehand.

Best in my opinion a more reliable PSU is better than more watt. That said however, 500W at 456W isn't that bad. It being bronze which is like... 80-85-82% does kind of leave it a bit lower. Though technically all PSUs can go up higher it's not exactly advised especially when the Amp on 12V rail doesn't match up with the advertised. It'd do the job technically, I just prefer going towards a quality PSU no matter what before something questionable, even if it costs way more.

Quote Originally Posted by M0cha View Post
    It's so easy a caveman could do it!

If you don't feel comfortable building it, you can pay a local shop to assemble it for you. They usually don't charge much.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a call yesterday that the XFX isnt available at the moment so I chose Corsair CW500 instead. Seemed like the best option.
    Now Im worried, will it have enough juice to power my pc properly? I checked the Asus power supply calculator and it recommended me 550W while other calculators recommended around 450. What do you guys think?
    I usually get a 750 watt PSU in case I want to add things like another video card etc. I think you'll be fine with the 500w though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tossing out there... I don't recommend the Corsair CX not due to 'low wattage rails' or anything.. But due to the fact that they are very common to get DOA. I literally replaces 4 in a row, before giving up on replacing it and calling it a loss. I'm not the only one. Some people tested it, and received 8 DOA's in a row. There are tons of accounts of multiple RMA's needed to get one good unit.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Just tossing out there... I don't recommend the Corsair CX not due to 'low wattage rails' or anything.. But due to the fact that they are very common to get DOA. I literally replaces 4 in a row, before giving up on replacing it and calling it a loss. I'm not the only one. Some people tested it, and received 8 DOA's in a row. There are tons of accounts of multiple RMA's needed to get one good unit.
    I guess I was lucky with the CX600M I bought because it was on sale for like 30 bucks, but the GTX 760 that it is powering has coil whine and I haven't tried a different PSU in it yet to see if the CX is the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sls8207 View Post
    I guess I was lucky with the CX600M I bought because it was on sale for like 30 bucks, but the GTX 760 that it is powering has coil whine and I haven't tried a different PSU in it yet to see if the CX is the problem.
    I'm using a CX750M and I get some coil whine but only in a couple games. It's not an issue. Coil whine is not indicative of any problem...all high end components will create some, it's just a question of whether it's designed to keep you from hearing it or not.

With the amount of power going through high end components (i7-4770k and 780ti in my case), it will create some vibration that's audible as coil whine. As long as everything is otherwise functioning, voltages are fine, etc...I wouldn't worry about it. Unless it is *really* annoying, I'd just put something between you and the computer to dampen the noise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coil_whine