Question Can I Twitch (stream) with this?

I got's some free time during the day so I decided to start streaming, but first I need to know... can I even?

GeForce GTS450

Can't test it since my upload speed is currently only 1mbps but I plan on upgrading to 5mbps.

Deleted
    That internet speed is a huge concern.

I know hence my plan to upgrade. 5mbps should be fine. I think?....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    I know hence my plan to upgrade. 5mbps should be fine. I think?....
    I have a 100mbs connection and still get a bit of chop.

Yes 5mbps is enough to stream. You should probably go for 720p and set bitrate to 3000-3500 if you can.

That CPU ain't too good though. What game will you be streaming?
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    I have a 100mbs connection and still get a bit of chop.
    Download or upload? I have 100/100 line and got no issues. You might want to tinker with settings. If it's FPS chop then try using faster compression method.
    Last edited by Thes; 2014-08-08 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Yes 5mbps is enough to stream. You should probably go for 720p and set bitrate to 3000-3500 if you can.

That CPU ain't too good though. What game will you be streaming?
    Download or upload? I have 100/100 line and got no issues. You might want to tinker with settings.
    I have the same as you, it is fine with a few viewers but the stream got a bit choppy when 50+ people started to watch and comment.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    5Mbps might get you 720/30. Maybe. The rest depends on what game you're playing.

Oh. No idea why that would happen, I thought Twitch handles the distribution and it's not p2p tech.

To OP: If your motherboard supports X6 cpu (or FX if it's AM3+), you might wanna grab one used. 4 more cores help a lot, and they're dirty cheap. Or just upgrade straight to i5, but that costs plenty.

You can try streaming with OBS if you set it to save to your hard drive, and set settings to something what they would be with 5mbps connection. That would let you see how it runs on your PC.
    Last edited by Thes; 2014-08-08 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    I have the same as you, it is fine with a few viewers but the stream got a bit choppy when 50+ people started to watch and comment.
    Viewers can effect fps? Is that right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Viewers can effect fps? Is that right?
    I dont know, but it effected me, these are my specs....

Intel core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80ghz, 6.0gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6670, Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate, 100mbs unlimited bandwith.