Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Bit of over-exaggeration? Yes, if you start fresh, 1 year of time will pass before acquiring the Violet Proto Drake (up to 3 months less depending on which holiday you started on). However, the amount of time actually invested in the Violet Proto Drake is probably in the range of ~20 hours. A grind? Yes, but there are many, many other mount grinds that take longer.

- - - Updated - - -
    That is true but I also did the Netherwing grind during BC and I've done lots of other mount grinds as well. I just thought it'd be appropriate to mention the Violet Drake as we are talking about the Proto drakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    so?

you didn't get it and now it's gone

it was removed so that it would be a reward for those who completed it when it was relevant, like the Amani Bear, like the challenge mode items and others

you can complain and feel entitled all you want, but you won't get it (or so I hope)

in a few years you'll say 'hey I only needed to do 2 challenge modes on gold to get my cm set, too bad, but now I feel like I deserve it anyway'

noooooooope
    Don't need to I have my CM gear from Mists. I'm not some casual who plays this game once I week. I've dedicated 100's of days into this game. And the prestige is already gone, people buy the proto's with real money or through the BMAH. Hardly anyone uses them anymore, its not an outrageous request in the slightest way possible. I never understood why people complain about prestige in an online game. I could give zero fucks if they let 100's go in there and smoke mists challenge modes to get the gear.

I wear it because I like it. Not for the prestige of having it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you were too bad during Naxx to get it / couldn't be bothered? Too bad. You don't deserve it.
    And yet...

- Red Proto Drake
    - Rusted Protodrake
    - Ironbound Protodrake
    - Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher
    - Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher
    - Volcanic Stone Drake
    - Drake of the East Wind
    - Corrupted Firehawk
    - Twilight Harbinger
    - Crimson Cloud Serpent
    - Heavenly Crimson Cloud Serpent
    - Armored Skyscreamer
    - Galakras

are all still obtainable easily by 100s. The fact that 2 of the mounts from arguably the easiest raid ever (Naxx 10/25) were removed kinda debunks the whole "you don't deserve it because you were too bad" argument. Because obviously if that was the case, we would've seen the rest removed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While they were the only meta mounts removed, you have to remember the TotC mounts as well. Unsure why they decided to remove them.
    They removed them because they removed the Attempt mechanics and didn't reimplement the mounts. If I was optimistic, I'd say with enough voices they might put them back in as low % rare mounts as I'd like to believe it was an unfortunate side effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Proto drakes are ugly. I use my immortal title all the time, times I've used my black proto in the last few years can be counted on one hand.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"