Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL I can imagine them trying to "recruit" WoW players. I laughed so hard when I heard the NSA was spying. Poor, poor spies...may their sanity rest in peace.

Seriously, welcome to WoW, welcome to the internet, enjoy our culture where we troll you into madness and laugh about it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Haha, trolling gone bad...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I knew it, the Naaru are actually Vorlons!
    They don't look like Humans with wings to me... Maybe its a new kind of Encounter suit?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Wait wait...I have more.

The Iranian Space Agency?

The Israeli Space Agency?

The Israeli Security Agency (also known as Shin Bet)?

The Israeli State Archives?

The Intelligence Support Activity (a.k.a The Activity? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelli...pport_Activity)?
    It's the Israel Spain of America.

Deleted
    wow invaded by the ISA? how about a thread on MMO champion invaded by JIDF?

10+ Year Old Account
    The NSA infiltration of WoW was a time consuming and incredibly complicated operation, with vast resources dedicated to it. It took many years and eventually came to be regarded as one of their greatest successes, despite numerous casualties.

In the end they found what they were looking for in a hut in the middle of the Barrens.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol! I can not imagine someone who is being led by a raid leader in WoW influencing a person's political choices. I do not give a damn what a raid leader's opinion is on anything other than the raid's mechanics. And if they started to make comments about that, my reaction would be, "shut up and lead, we do not care about your political opinions." He kicks me from the raid, good, there are always other ( and more serous ) raids going on. If the NSA is really doing that, they need to get better leadership and focus on real issues with terrorism. And if the terrorists are really doing that in attempts to win converts, it would only show how stupid they can act and how hopelessly desperate they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The NSA have raiders in your group in disguise. One day you're gonna be raiding, low on health and about to kill a boss, and a healer in your group is going to whisper you "tell me what you know about Al Queda or you die."
    Thanks for making my morning! I had to force myself to stop laughing

The funny truth is that at some point some NSA agents got caught playing WoW at work and told their bosses they were doing reconnaissance on organized player activity and their bosses fell for it, cause even the NSA has pointy haired Dilbert style managers. Naturally when the other WoW players at the NSA heard of this they "volunteered" to join this task force.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This game represents a fundamental flaw in our national security and is a possible haven for terrorists and hate groups. I shall need at least 6 hours of daily access and the use of my own private account to explore this more thoroughly."

Ya, I really don't see security agencies doing legitimate searches inside of World of Warcraft outside of a few abstract possibilities.

Also, ISA = Incognito Security Agency.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-08-09 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they been abducting players, would explain where the subscribers have gone (eh-oh)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I thought it was Moonguard?

OT: You think they were good raiders?
    I'm a filthy EU player, we get Argent Dawn, with gnomes, and humans and dwarfs, and... things.. fornicating at the Inn.

Deleted
    Well, you know that one guy in the raid who's always running in and dying...

He's practicing.

God, I hope so. I'm constantly accusing people of being commy sleeper agents when they offer opinions different than my own. I look forward to getting a call -"You got me blackbagged asshole!". Best thing ever.

Intergalactic space agency?

Intercontinental sized ape?

darn them, this must be the reason 2 of our raiders left last month they teamed up with the interdimensional space antelope

Islamic State of Allah?

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    Islamic State of Allah?
    Obviously looking how their Islam promotion money are spent!
    And that their agents are not just using it as excuse to play WoW!

I thought he meant Darrell Issa.

Your radio show wasn't exactly right. They didn't think they were influencing people by leading raids. They thought that mmos (not just warcraft, also games like Second Life) could a place for terrorist/criminals could communicate with each other without being easily noticed. A game's chatlogs aren't as easy to monitor as an internet forum.

They didn't find any terrorists, but they did identify foreign engineers, scientists, embassy drivers, and foreign intelligence officers; possible targets of NSA's own recruiting.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_te...terrorism.html

Deleted
    Basically people at NSA are getting payed for playing WoW, gg.