Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Get oQueue, make a 2v2 premade with no requirements, go die.
    Sometimes you'll meet naked people who are tanking raiding, sometimes a DC, sometimes an empty arena.
    It's never been easier to get conquest.
    It takes longer to tank rating due to Deserter buff being applied if you don't attempt to play in an arena match. So you won't run into that many free wins now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It takes longer to tank rating due to Deserter buff being applied if you don't attempt to play in an arena match. So you won't run into that many free wins now.
    Had four free wins yesterday at sub-1k rating. People who run out completely naked, throwing a few spells here and there. That IS a free win

It's not about the fact that you CAN grind out the conquest points. Sure, if you want to sit through 200 games of brutal losses till you get enough gear before even having fun.... but don't expect any sane person to. I did the full prideful grind on 1 character and although I'd like to pvp with a few more characters, the conquest grind blows.

I think the PvP devs in this game are fucking insane if they think the conquest grind is worth it, especially on a second character.

6.0 will probably be out in a month, end of September latest. Do you really need 550 for another 2 months? And yes the conquest grind sucks, but come fall we all get reset

Quote Originally Posted by morislayer View Post
    6.0 will probably be out in a month, end of September latest. Do you really need 550 for another 2 months? And yes the conquest grind sucks, but come fall we all get reset
    Heh. My guild leader had 14 Sha of Pride kills + extra rolls, no weapon. Getting a 550 weapon was a lot easier, and it was a guaranteed outcome.

But if all you're interested in is PvP with a level playing field, I can see why you'd feel that the grind sucked. I'm currently gearing my fourth character to full 550 gear - like I said earlier, it beats oQueue Flex runs by a VERY long mile.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they? You can earn conquest slowly from BGs and the daily quests and your weekly 'catch-up' cap is enough to get you most of the gear in the first week if you try.

Honor gear is perfectly acceptable at low MMR, I've had no issues gearing up with mostly honor gear (got to 1773 this week and dropped down to 1723 after a few unlucky matchups and bad play)
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2014-08-14 at 07:08 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    You know honestly you don't have to buy boosts in 2v2 to gear and I'll explain why. To start off about me I'm not even a 1550 player, I have NEVER gotten into PvP ever in WoW. I main a mage/warlock in semi high end raiding. I gathered something like 8 thousand conquest on my 512 ilvl frost dk that I have virtually no clue how to play by playing with my resto shaman friend on her alt rogue that also has no PvP experience or gear in 2 to 3 hours by going in popping every offensive/defensive CD and attacking someone until they died or we died. We more or less split games at like 800 rating. If we can do that anyone can.
    While this works, I sit from 1200-2k on the toon I'm playing. And while, I don't PVP at the highest skill caps. I always play with someone competent in atleast mostly 522 gear. And we average much, much, more in terms of points.

Both are valid strategies.

Tl;DR your strategy is just inefficient and i'm nit picking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Heh. My guild leader had 14 Sha of Pride kills + extra rolls, no weapon. Getting a 550 weapon was a lot easier, and it was a guaranteed outcome.

But if all you're interested in is PvP with a level playing field, I can see why you'd feel that the grind sucked. I'm currently gearing my fourth character to full 550 gear - like I said earlier, it beats oQueue Flex runs by a VERY long mile.
    The sad part is. This is so true its not even funny. It shouldn't be, A raider should wanna raid for his gear. But, 550 has better Top end dmg. And basic stats than a crappy lfr wep. And its easier to get. WTB Fix blizzard.

If you really push yourself, it should only take a week to gear up and a few days to cap conquest (if you have a lot of it stacked).

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can certainly see the reasons why the 27k Conquest achievement doesn't apply accountwide and allow alts to purchase Prideful gear. It wouldn't be fair to have somebody with no knowledge of a class roflstomp someone WITH knowledge of the same class simply because of gear.

On the other hand, the grind up to just full PvP gear even can be a little daunting. You hit 90 on a toon and then slowly grind out the IoT dailies and the elites, needing assistance from at least one other person, usually since your character is ridiculously weak coming off of the quests. It would be so nice to be able to buy that Prideful gear right off the bat with honor since you spent so much time already gathering 27k Conquest on one character, only to have to do it all over again.

I don't have much by way of suggestions to Blizzard about how to relieve the sheer grind at endgame, but it's the end of the expansion, so I guess it's to be expected. Maybe it'll be better in Warlords. Who knows.

Deleted
    I sure hope it's going to be better in wod with the squish. I just started gearing my old shroomkin, and dude, is she weak. It's not really about the time it takes to get good gear, it's how weak you are without it. Hitting someone who has 600k hp for 6k with a hard cast is a special kind of annoying.