New laptop for college

Hey

I am soon starting the next semester of my education, and my current laptop is pretty close to its end. Therefore I am in search of a new laptop for college/WoW. I am not sure what to look for in the market, or what's a good deal currently, so it would be great if someone here had some suggestions for viable laptops. As mentioned it will ONLY be used for college and some WoW here and there (Does NOT need to pull off Ultra in every setting). Of programs it will be used for, is stuff like MATLAB, programming and maybe modelling (Biomedical Engineer).

Of qualities in a laptop, I prefer:
    • A Budget of MAX 1000$ (Less would be great, if possible)
    • Decent cooling (Currently have an ASUS that's hotter than Ragnaros morningbreath)
    • Can run WoW in decent settings with a few Addons (Does not need more than Good/Fair, but wouldn't hurt with more)

I don't care for the aesthetics of the laptop, nor whether it's light, or size really and I do know that decent cooling may not be possible.
    I live in Denmark, so I may be hindered to buy from some websites, and prices may not match here.

Also would be happy to hear some inputs in which kind of hardware (CPU/GPU) to look out for, for the use I've given.

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by Lushious; 2014-08-09 at 05:05 PM.