View Poll Results: Is the game too hardcore, too casual or just right?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • The game is just right, although may need some minor adjustment.

45 76.27%
  • Too casual, they have access to too much.

10 16.95%
  • Too hardcore, casual don't get to see enough contents.

4 6.78%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    I understand that you like the game and wish to defend it and that's fine, but your statement about the GCD "complaint" coming from people who "know very little" is categorically untrue. Speaking only for myself here, I am 38 and have been gaming for 30 of those years; I count nigh-innumerable MMOs amongst the games I have played, FF Xiv included.

The 2.5 second GCD is simply too long for some of us. It's a matter of opinion, not a matter of us being "know-nothings" or "noobs" or whatever term you prefer. It has naught to do with how much time or knowledge of the game's lore one has. The GCD is slow, and that's that. Now, you may like it, and apparently many others do, but suggesting that folks like me who left the game because of its slow combat pace are uninitiated or short on knowledge is just fanboi crap.
    He was saying the GCD shrinks..Pretty heavily if you go skillpeed base..like my monk has a 2.40 second but i have gotten almost to 2.22 i think once..And it can probably be made lower...In short the 2.5 sex global cooldown that is trotted out is not really there at endgame.

Just checked my Ninja at 44 has a 2.45 second one warrior 2.46 or 2.43 dpending on dps or tank sets(det and str gear over full vit and parry gear)

dragoon is 2.41 pld at 36 is 2.46 and so on.

Yes lonhger but certainly reduceable.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2014-11-14 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    I understand that you like the game and wish to defend it and that's fine, but your statement about the GCD "complaint" coming from people who "know very little" is categorically untrue. Speaking only for myself here, I am 38 and have been gaming for 30 of those years; I count nigh-innumerable MMOs amongst the games I have played, FF Xiv included.

The 2.5 second GCD is simply too long for some of us. It's a matter of opinion, not a matter of us being "know-nothings" or "noobs" or whatever term you prefer. It has naught to do with how much time or knowledge of the game's lore one has. The GCD is slow, and that's that. Now, you may like it, and apparently many others do, but suggesting that folks like me who left the game because of its slow combat pace are uninitiated or short on knowledge is just fanboi crap.
    I would agree to an extent. But getting to level 45 now, with lots of off GCD abilities and more complex/harder boss mechanics with every dungeon I am in, I actually don't mind the 2.5 GCD. I'm playing a tank btw, no idea how it is with other classes. It's still pretty challenging even with 2.5 GCD watching all the aoe attacks, your health, aggro and pressing the right buttons at the right time. And that's not even level 50 hard content, where it (supposedly) gets quite harder.

But for solo questing/leveling, I agree that 2.5 GCD is slow and boring, myself being a long time MMO player and being used to shorter GCDs.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Feels just right to me.

I just returned the other week after being away about nine months. Worked on the relic weapon quest. Did the hard primals for the first time. Of course having a cooperative group is key, but we got them all after two or three attempts.

Titan hard was a blast! Great boss design. Pretty easy to see how to do it, just a matter of learning patterns and executing near-perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Feels just right to me.

I just returned the other week after being away about nine months. Worked on the relic weapon quest. Did the hard primals for the first time. Of course having a cooperative group is key, but we got them all after two or three attempts.

Titan hard was a blast! Great boss design. Pretty easy to see how to do it, just a matter of learning patterns and executing near-perfectly.
    Wait till you try extremes Lil.