View Poll Results: Is the game too hardcore, too casual or just right?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • The game is just right, although may need some minor adjustment.

45 76.27%
  • Too casual, they have access to too much.

10 16.95%
  • Too hardcore, casual don't get to see enough contents.

4 6.78%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Kamil, this is you: http://xkcd.com/359/

That's more accurate.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Kamil, this is you: http://xkcd.com/359/
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's more accurate.
    For maximum accuracy: http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Stop-Likin...e_o_115105.jpg

I am not offending anyone but stating facts. Feel free to play a game because it is one of the less bads, but being one of the less bads does not make it actually good and worst to pay a monthly sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    I am not offending anyone but stating facts. Feel free to play a game because it is one of the less bads, but being one of the less bads does not make it actually good and worst to pay a monthly sub.
    I think the game is good. It's different from what I'm used to, sure, but it has its strong points otherwise I wouldn't have subbed.

Looks like Nexus is going to be another loooooooong grind. Relic weapons: And you thought the cape legendary in Mists took a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

It worth my sub in my book.

I don't really care about the housing.
    I knew the relic is going to be the same with different glow, like the past upgrade, why so surprised?

I am still having fun, raiding, questing (I still got Hildebrand and Moogle to do, and still got beastmen tribe dailies to complete). So if I am still having fun, and still got plenty to do still, why is it not worth my sub money? May not be for you, especially if you already done everything and bored stiff, but I can promise you there are more people that still got things to do than people that don't. It isn't fun for you, we got it, it is OK, I understand, can you at least understand that not everyone is like you, and there are people that, might, dare I say, still finding the game fun therefore we gladly pay for it?

This guy is an excellent example of how to not present points.

Sad thing is, he's right about the raiding content, but fortunately the majority of people can find other things to do.

Me? I'm just happy to play a Final Fantasy game.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

And they really mean nothing in the long run. Many more people are having fun than the people on the official (or unofficial) forum complaining all day. And if I learned anything from WoW, opinions like these are usually not productive nor insightful. Just mindless disparage of "how right I am on a game with problems and you're still playing it without looking at nor acknowledging said problems." You're really not changing anyone mind here, so you can either lurk or do something more productive.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Of course final fantasy fanboys will be happy at any bone SE throws at them and will play regardless. At least you should stop being delustional about the 2.3 million players now. FFXIV is not a good game, it's combat system and content is for the casuals and makes me wanna puke.

Of course final fantasy fanboys will be happy at any bone SE throws at them and will play regardless. At least you should stop being delustional about the 2.3 million players now. FFXIV is not a good game, it's combat system and content is for the casuals and makes me wanna puke.
    And yet you keep coming back for more.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the times I wish they permabanned trolls on this site.

Deleted
    Go away, seriously. If you don't enjoy the game that's fine, no need to bash the people that do like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's combat system and content is for the casuals and makes me wanna puke.
    Err... It was made quite obvious that this game is aim to be rather casual in the first place?

Were you looking for the Wildstar forums? Their big claim to fame was going to be non-casual, hardcore gameplay.

Or perhaps the unofficial Project 1999 would be more suited to your tastes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    One of the times I wish they permabanned trolls on this site.
    Half the site would be banned if they did, including me. While it'd be no great loss, it would mean less clicks (and therefore, less revenue for the people who make money from this website.)

FF14 has plenty of flaws, but the worst ones have been eliminated since 2.0 arrived... I feel like the inclusion of the duty roulettes and other mechanics like that, to help sand out the numerous rough edges in the 2.0 questing pattern, was the biggest difference.

After that, the UI is my single-biggest complaint. I desperately want a better, more customizable UI, but I know we're hamstrung by the console versions in that area.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    only problem i have is with the hunt and the group requirement in order to get rewarded and also the game lacks a proper punishment for pulling way to early on hunts.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    only problem i have is with the hunt and the group requirement in order to get rewarded and also the game lacks a proper punishment for pulling way to early on hunts.
    There's no such thing as pulling early on hunts. >.>

I think it's in the right pace. Some content end up being easy for casuals while casuals also struggle in some fights like EX Titan and Twintania. It's kinda mixed feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Yeah, I hope they do away with that in a future patch or redesign how the system works in the expansion. Can I get an invite? "Full" "Full" "Party is full" I then start attacking the A/S-Rank, maybe get killed, finally get back and get no partial credit even. Really, really annoying IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Some classes get reduced gcds, some have lots of off-gcd abilities. Like I said most people that use that as their complaint know very little about the game anyway.
    I understand that you like the game and wish to defend it and that's fine, but your statement about the GCD "complaint" coming from people who "know very little" is categorically untrue. Speaking only for myself here, I am 38 and have been gaming for 30 of those years; I count nigh-innumerable MMOs amongst the games I have played, FF Xiv included.

The 2.5 second GCD is simply too long for some of us. It's a matter of opinion, not a matter of us being "know-nothings" or "noobs" or whatever term you prefer. It has naught to do with how much time or knowledge of the game's lore one has. The GCD is slow, and that's that. Now, you may like it, and apparently many others do, but suggesting that folks like me who left the game because of its slow combat pace are uninitiated or short on knowledge is just fanboi crap.
    "Death is the least of my apprehensions in this den of evil." - Ivanhoe