New GPU for ~250€

Hello,

i need a new GPU. Now i use the intern IntelHD 4600 from my i5 CPU.
    Can anyone recommend me a good GPU for ~250€

Maybe one of these?

MSI R9 280X Gaming 3G, Radeon R9 280X, 3GB GDDR5
    MSI N770 TF 2GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 770, 2GB GDDR5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyRay View Post
    Hello,

Maybe one of these?

with future games in mind (2gb not enough for ultra settings) I'd go with the 3gig r9 280x ... the gtx 770 4gb version kicks the r9 280x ass but costs alot more... I'm planning on buying an r9 280x myself in the future because it's the most bang for your buck at that price range.

Inb4 Nvidia fanboys

Hello,

Maybe one of these?

Hiya...the R9 280X performance is roughly equal to the GTX 770, but the R9 280X is cheaper. I've got actually got the MSI R9 280X & it's a very good card...good design & cooling. Great for 1080P gaming.

Oh & ignore odylong (post #2) comment regarding the GTX 770 4GB being 'kick ass' better the R9 280X 3GB...that's utter nonsense.
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    with future games in mind (2gb not enough for ultra settings) I'd go with the 3gig r9 280x ... the gtx 770 4gb version kicks the r9 280x ass but costs alot more... I'm planning on buying an r9 280x myself in the future because it's the most bang for your buck at that price range.

Inb4 Nvidia fanboys
    3gigs hasn't really proven to be much of use over 2gigs unless you play at a higher resolution. 2gig is fine for 1080p gaming,as there are only 3 games that i know off that actually push more than 2gb on max settings ( crysis 3, Bf4, watch dogs )

Thx guys.

i must confess that i´m a little nvidia fanboy

i only play wow (main game) and some sc2, d3 civilization 5 (6) and from time to time Css(:GO) , DayZ or Minecraft.

the compatible to wow ist with nvidia a little bit better i think. thats the main reason why i would by the nvidia.

BUT if the AMD is much better for future games (who knows what i´m playing in future^^) with there 3 gig i would buy this one.

EDIT: Can i use 2 Monitor´s with these GPU´s? A new one with HDMI and my old on with DVI?
    Last edited by BabyRay; 2014-08-10 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    3gigs hasn't really proven to be much of use over 2gigs unless you play at a higher resolution. 2gig is fine for 1080p gaming,as there are only 3 games that i know off that actually push more than 2gb on max settings ( crysis 3, Bf4, watch dogs )
    He said with future games in mind.

Either way, both cards are miles better than the HD4600

Can i use 2 Monitor´s with these GPU´s? A new one with HDMI and my old on with DVI?
    Yes. There is slight differences in connections on the various cards and brands (770/280X) so make sure they have what you need. I'm pretty sure though they all come with DVI and probably HDMI as well.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-08-10 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    He said with future games in mind.

Either way, both cards are miles better than the HD4600

Yes. There is slight differences in connections on the various cards and brands (770/280X) so make sure they have what you need. I'm pretty sure though they all come with DVI and probably HDMI as well.
    Future games may use the extra Vram, but it may also be the situation where the chipset itself isn't fast enough for those games. All of that aside though, both cards are solid options in the price range. Given that the 280X is cheaper it may be the favorable option, unless you favor Nvidia as a brand.

Thx guys.

i must confess that i´m a little nvidia fanboy

i only play wow (main game) and some sc2, d3 civilization 5 (6) and from time to time Css(:GO) , DayZ or Minecraft.

the compatible to wow ist with nvidia a little bit better i think. thats the main reason why i would by the nvidia.

BUT if the AMD is much better for future games (who knows what i´m playing in future^^) with there 3 gig i would buy this one.

EDIT: Can i use 2 Monitor´s with these GPU´s? A new one with HDMI and my old on with DVI?
    You don't really need to worry much about 'better for future games' in terms of on-board RAM...as the GPU's 'power' will be the issue in the future not the RAM.

Just get whichever you prefer...NVIDIA or AMD. They both good cards. I'd recommend the AMD as it's cheaper and same power...but if you dig NVIDIA, the GTX 770 is just as good a card.

Both should run 2 monitors...but different manufacturers (e.g. MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte etc) will have different connections on the back (e.g. DVI, HDMI, VGA etc)...so just check that out pre-purchase.
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans