Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    He doesn't really rant on his TV shows in UK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I watch most of the things he does. Including youtube and tv. I also follow him on twitter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC9SmCBUj4
    I don't see any anger there. Him getting angry is a character he adopts.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you watch some of Gordon Ramsay's other shows, or see him in a more casual setting, he's actually a lot more level-headed and reasonable than you'd ever think. The loud, angry, constantly swearing version of him is just a character he portrays for television.

Compare some of the more calm episodes of Kitchen Nightmares to Hell's Kitchen and the difference is huuuuge.

It's just an act :3 and btw:
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I also think that, nowadays, for emotion to be taken as "real", it has to be gushy, over the top Disney style outbursts of feeling, because we're so inured to this rubbish from TV and elsewhere. Me? I prefer ignoring drama queens, they grate on my badly worn nerves.
    Yeah, it's the same with 'reality' TV - or 'feel good' TV. Most of the people starring in it are so over the top that it's literally cringe-worthy at times whilst anyone 'normal' or subtle is typically given the message that they're dull and uninteresting. I suppose it explains why the majority of wealthy people in such shows are portrayed as snobby and bitchy whilst gay men are typically very camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one time I met Ramsay, he was entirely polite and always smiling. I only exchanged a handful of words with him, but the place he was at everyone was watching him anyway.

I imagine its one part act, one part needed (Id be swearing too, if I were trying to help and found rotten food).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    There's generally two sides to a chef, one is a side perfected for the fine dining industry; Where perfection is demanded and expected as baseline, and fuck ups are punished harshly.

And then the real person, the human side.

I watched Ramsay when he first opened his original restaurant, and in it he was very aggressive, very demanding, but ultimately outside of the kitchen very human; And ironically enough, he was taught by Marco Pierre White who was exactly the same.

A bully, aggressive, he'd grab you by the chest and ask why you fucked shit up; And Ramsay admitted to crying to his mother on the phone about it when working under him.

Deleted
    Marco Pierre White is pretty damn intimidating

Deleted
    i met him once, seemed like a nice guy. i am sure its all mostly an act for the cameras.

It's his trademark. For the most part it's probably put on for television..

Some of the memes people post using his image are pretty hilarious.
    I'm convinced he's actually a nice guy and it's all for entertainment.

15+ Year Old Account
    It all starts at childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZqwR9tbJE
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

It's one of those interesting things you notice when you move from europe (netherlands) to the US.
    I used to watch the exact same show (kitchen nightmares) in europe. The ones where he is in the UK are i would say 90% very slow and respectful, with really good insights and people generally being really happy he is there. 10% is mad fucking nuts.
    He also spends usually a week or more in the UK with places and more in depth reporting.

Then you move to the US and see the US version...thats 99% drama.
    He's barely there for a 2-3 days if that.
    Totally done for the american public who thrives on drama, every show that has drama does well (kardashians, jersey shore etc).
    He barely spends time at the place, half the shit that happens is so set up a 3 year old can spot it.

It's sad that american TV is that way, but hey it sells to the public sadly.

Deleted
    Hells kitchen US is the best show he does IMO. You see him at his angriest which is just for the cameras but still a great show and a funny guy.

WHERES THE LAMB SAUCEEEEEEEEE!

On the U.S. versions of his shows, he is worse for the camera as he is playing up to the 'angry Scot' stereotype, though some of the stupidity from the people on the show would make me burst a blood vessel or two as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he blows up on something like Hell's Kitchen, it isn't because he's angry (usually). It's because he's applying pressure. Drill sergeants do the same thing to recruits; they yell and bluster because it stresses out the people being yelled at, which forces them to cope with that stress while doing whatever else it is they're doing. Same reason they have strict time limits; it adds stress.

Deleted
    For those interested in how Ramsay acted in his first ever restaurant back in the 90's in the U.K watch boiling point!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's TV, so it's an act for sure. It's the same thing with people like Paris Hilton and the Jersey Shore people, among others who act dumb, but really aren't.

But on the other hand, in Hell's Kitchen, I could see some of it being real. I mean, if you just witnessed someone who is supposed to be a professional cook/chef just screw up hundreds of dollars worth of food ingredients, you'd be pissed off as well.

Watch the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares and I think it better shows how he normally is.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    lets start by understand I like watching Gordon on tv. He's an excellent chef. However I think he has anger issues. Is it because he's a Scot? Should he seek counseling?
    Staged and scripted tv. There is a reason Hells Kitchen is huge in the US.