Deleted

Lucian vs Shyvana Fan art

This was my entry for a contest but it didn't make it. Still
    wanted for people to see it and maybe comment on it.
    http://huntermanx.deviantart.com/art...ster-473809979

I wouldn't have realized what it was depicting if it wasn't written on it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    I wouldn't have realized what it was depicting if it wasn't written on it.
    Thank you for the awesome comment

Deleted
    I like it

Quote Originally Posted by huntermanx View Post
    Thank you for the awesome comment
    I agree with him. I only knew it was them because the thread is titled "Lucian vs Shyvana".
    There's no way I would've known if it wasn't specifically mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I agree with him. I only knew it was them because the thread is titled "Lucian vs Shyvana".
    There's no way I would've known if it wasn't specifically mentioned.
    You wouldn't have recognized Lucian from his guns?

I really like how you made that Lucian! He reminds me of Soul Reaver Draven in a good way! Maybe you could post it on the official forum and suggest that they make a Soul Reaver Lucian skin! Anyway good job

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Not realy, if you remove all the text under, I would never have guessed it had anything to do with LoL at all.

To the OP: But dont give up! Practice makes perfect (though imo art never becomes perfect.)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Nope. Maybe if I looked at the picture after playing LoL or something I might have recognized it from the guns, but if I need to look at 1 thing after doing something related to it it's not really a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Nope. Maybe if I looked at the picture after playing LoL or something I might have recognized it from the guns, but if I need to look at 1 thing after doing something related to it it's not really a good thing.
    I mean people who play LOL didn't have problems recognize both characters. So i don't feel offended as these are mostly WoW forums. Atleast noone thought Shyvana was Onyxia or something like that. I have posted a lot of original artwork in the past. People here would compare it to WOW characters and tell me that it looks too much like ''insert character name from wow lore'' but when i post on League of legends champions suggestions people would compare it to league characters and tell me that it looks like some kind of combination of character B and A. In that way people are kind of annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Not realy, if you remove all the text under, I would never have guessed it had anything to do with LoL at all.

To the OP: But dont give up! Practice makes perfect (though imo art never becomes perfect.)
    Yeah it is normal. You probably can recognize what this is http://huntermanx.deviantart.com/art...-art-474588604
    E.g my dad wouldn't recognize any of these characters as he doesn't play the game. Even if you have played or tried the game doesn't mean
    you know every character. It takes a lot of time before you know every champion and all of his abilities.
    Last edited by mmoc25120cd8b5; 2014-08-15 at 01:26 PM.

I have played LoL for a couple of years, and I have played Lucian and Shyvana quite a bit, still they where hard to recognize.
    And yes, I do see some random DK with two ghouls. The armor and eyes combined with the ghouls makes it easy to see.
    Compared to the Lucian that looks nothing like Lucian. And the Shyvana I realy cant see a Shyvana in.

But as I said, dont give up, keep on practicing you still got many years ahead of you to improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I like it, but probably not for an obvious reason. I have to echo some statements (that were put across in an excessively rude manner) that I didn't recognise Shyvana at all. I think the best way to express her in art is using both of her forms somehow (eg her humanoid form, but silhouetted by her dragon form)

Anyway the thing I like is something I am currently struggling with, is moving to an art style which does not use black lines to outline shapes, and I applaud you for how you managed to pull this off. Keep up the good work!
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    A new Lucian skin would be cool, but Lucian isn't a Soul reaver kind of guy - maybe a PAX Lucian skin might look like that? (Tron like Sivirs?)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter