1000$ build, final build

•CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
    •HDD: 120GB Intel 530 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 480MB/s Write [+43] (Single Drive)
    •MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory [+29] (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+14])
    •MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified) [+13]
    •SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    •VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+182] (Single Card)
    PSU: 650 Watts - Cooler Master V650 80 Plus Gold Semi Modular Power Supply

Havent made up my mind on the PSU, what do yall think about this build?

Thanks

Deleted
    You should definitely consider building it yourself, also we need more info.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

What games and applications?
    I would scale down on memory speeds to 1600 MHz, the motherboard is fine, but could be scaled down some (Z97-D3H), SSD could be scaled to 840 EVO.
    The PSU is fine, but if you can get a lower wattage for cheaper, I would do it, at most down to 450-500w.

For any remaining money, I'd try to squeeze in a GPU upgrade to either R9 290 (not 290X) or a GTX 770.
    If not possible, I would put in a CPU-cooler instead. If both it and a GPU upgrade is possible, even greater.

The build above has been designed for WoW / StarCraft 2 as well as your normal daily needs. I have gotten a lot of feed back through the forum and a lot of helpful people and this is the build I think I would be most happiest with.

Budget would be around 1000, 1200 prebuilt
    Games, WoW and Sc2
    USA
    No parts
    Yes, would get 8.1
    No peripherals.
    Thanks

For those games, going down to the R9 280 non-X (are R9 285 out yet?) could be considered then, or GTX 760 on the nVidia side.
    And I would definitely get a CPU cooler so I could overclock the CPU or just have it run cooler.
    Or, if you are not comfortable overclocking, just get a Hyper 212 evo cooler and upgrade the SSD size.

Sorry, I have a the Hyper 212 evo in my "shopping cart" but forgot to link it.
    Would going down the the 280 (non-x) be a down grade, whats the main difference between the two?
    I haven't ever overclocked, but I would dabble into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    Sorry, I have a the Hyper 212 evo in my "shopping cart" but forgot to link it.
    Would going down the the 280 (non-x) be a down grade, whats the main difference between the two?
    I haven't ever overclocked, but I would dabble into it.
    Going to the 280 would actually be a downgrade, but if you are playing with 1920x1080, even a R9 270 should be able to handle wow and SC2 with no issues, so it would be money you spend without it being a performance difference (which is why I changed around the mobo/SSD to cheaper alternatives without performance loss either).
    You could of course still keep going, I just wanted to minimise the costs.

In large-scale (many people, many spells flying) pvp and pve, a higher clocked processor is what makes the difference (your FPS drops less) once you go past that initial minimum in Graphics card.

If you plan on playing other games however, like FPS games or various upcoming titles, going higher on the graphics might still be preferrable.

I gotcha, I also play the occasional BF4.
    •CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
    •HDD: 120GB Intel 530 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 480MB/s Write [+43] (Single Drive)
    •MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+33])
    •MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified) [+13]
    •SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    •VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card [+107] (Single Card)
    PSU: 650 Watts - Cooler Master V650 80 Plus Gold Semi Modular Power Supply

I adjusted some specs.

My thinking is to get a over kill machine for WoW, and SC2 so I don't have to upgrade as fast. And I will be able to play demanding games that come out in months to come.