Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    vanilla: too much of a grind. Actually quite boring
    TBC: I hated the whole expansion. Zones and lore in particular.
    WoTLK: this one is hard since it's my fav. I guess i'd say Isle of Conquest
    Cata: destruction of Goblin/Worgen starting zones and no capitals for them. This REALLY pisses me off the most in all of WoW.
    MoP: same as cata, but for Panda's this time. Really, the shrines as capitals are beyond PATHETIC. And I hate the whole mogu storyline.
    Last edited by Bumbasta; 2014-08-11 at 12:19 AM.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by sddaros View Post
    MoP: Pandas
    Seriously. Mists of Pandaria did not introduce pandas. Pandas were introduced to the game back in Vanilla. I really don't know where people have this ludicrous notion that MoP introduced pandas to WoW...

More OT:
    Vanilla: A lot, but mainly uber unbalanced class specs.
    TBC: Nothing I can think of.
    WotLK: Trial of the Crusader 'tier' gear.
    Cata: Ludicrously easy heroic dungeons post-nerf.
    MoP: Insane daily quest grind for reps to unlock more daily quest grinds for other reputations. (remember having to reach honored with Golden Lotus to do rep with Shado-Pan and August Celestials?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Wasn't really around yet, played one time on a friend's account

TBC: Some specs being completely unplayable was bad. The downtime some classes had when leveling was a bit excessive

WotLK: Hmm... I loved WotLK. I guess my complaint would be ToC was sort of lackluster although I wasn't raiding at the time and out geared it when I finally did it. The 5 mans were extremely easy but I liked them aesthetically so much that I never really got bored of them tbh.

Cata: The whole theme bored me. I didn't like any of the raids from an aesthetic standpoint and only a few bosses were enjoyable. PvP felt very boring on my Mage because of how powerful they were. I wore half PvE gear and had insanely high mastery. Leveling zones were dull except for the Harrison Jones chain in Uldum. The content drought was miserable and it took me forever to get MoP beta access.

MoP: I didn't care much about the mogu nor did I like the Asian theme. Bosses were mostly great though.

WoD: I've had beta access since the first wave, my only real complaint that won't/can't be fixed in a future build is just that it's more Orcs being focal points.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I'm hoping one expansion, somebody kidnaps baby Green Jesus and sacrifices him to some Old God, and Thrall goes on a rampage and sacrifices himself heroically to save his child, and we are forever done with the damned Orc.
    I still like the theory that Thrall's jesusification is due to Blizzard testing Medan's popularity in the comics and realizing what a terrible character he was; thereby having to shoe-horn that role onto Thrall so that Medan could be forgotten.

Classic: Forced roles. I hated being forced to tank all the time on my warrior because of the "that's just what warriors are supposed to do" reason. Or being demoted to buffbitch/cleaning boy on my Paladin, healbot on any class that had healing capabilities, etc. I know fury warriors and such existed back in those days, but you had to be REALLY good, and gear for anything other than the spec your class was "supposed" to be was VERY difficult to get.

BC: Resilience and the "battlegrounds aren't cool anymore, you have to do arenas if you want REAL PvP" attitude. Also the addition of reinforcements to AV (and later reduction of reinforcements to make the game end quicker, though I think that didn't happen until Wrath). It was my favorite BG in the game before that happened.

Wrath: The short/quick zergfest dungeons where you just AoE'd the shit out of everything and didn't care.

Cataclysm: The whole "you must be in Stormwind or Orgrimmar or you are not cool" thing. Close second: I didn't care much for most of the 80-85 content. Mount Hyjal and Twilight Highlands were fun to me, but the rest weren't. Uldum overdid the Indiana Jones theme, Deepholm felt boring, and Vashj'ir could've been cool but just...didn't do it for me, for some reason.

Also: I loved the "LET'S BRING CC BACK TO DUNGEONS!!!11111" idea, except that I played a fury warrior. It was fun getting instantly kicked with "sorry bro we need someone who can CC in here" as the reason after sitting in a queue for 40+ minutes.

MoP: Lack of dungeons. The few that we did get were very forgettable.

WoD: Too early to judge anything, but I don't particularly like the direction that warriors appear to be going. My warrior has been my main since Classic, so the direction that class goes is very relevant to my interests.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-11 at 01:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BC: Just about everything. Honestly. I can't think of a single good thing about this expansion. Hawkstriders were cool but that's it.
    Wrath: Arthas died.
    Cata: The whole "Dungeons have to be super hard again!" thing. It drove off every single IRL friend I had from WoW and it's never felt the same after that.
    MoP: Pandas. Would have been better if they were just npcs.
    WoD: Fun has been pruned from windwalkers.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Yeah, vanilla isn't an expansion. Pretty silly how people keep listing a fault with it.
    We know it isn't an expansion, but it is still worth mentioning anyway.

Vanilla: The grind...oh god, days spent in Silithus just grinding...
    BC: Hunters and pretty boys....I mean Blood Elves
    Wrath: 5 minute instances, ToGC, and AoE mass murdering
    Cata: The disappointment that came with Cata not living up to the hype.
    MoP: The teenagers complaining about the Pandas because they're not "cool"

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC - Kael'thas and Illidan dead
    WotLK- Trials of the crusader
    Cata - Dragonsoul (shit raid for end content)
    MoP - Pedo coin farmers on TI
    Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you havin fun.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Class design

TBC: The beginning of the "Awarded for showing up" design, and Arena.

WotLK: Forcing PvP on people in order to be able to do a PvE raid.

Cata: The 180 that they did shortly after making content entertaining and challenging again, which brought back the AFK AOE farming dungeons.

MoP: The obnoxious amount of dailies, and especially when they were tied to getting raid gear.

Vanilla: Quite honestly the worst part was how bad the specs were...I started playing a druid because I WANTED TO BE A BEAR..only to level and everyone I met saying "Can you heal?" I actually changed to Rogue so people couldn't tell me how to play a class again..thankfully my favorite spec of Rogue was Combat amirite?

BC: Really couldn't say more personal for me I just wasn't around for most of it but the raid structure I would have to say....I was out on deployment ALL the time and couldn't see the raids I wanted to see because my schedule was crazy. I know Vanilla was worse but the spec thing was just that much of a sore spot for me in Vanilla. You don't know how happy I was that Wrath kinda fixed that.

Wrath: TOC...worst raid ever..also Alliance T9 Leather gear...who the hell thought a corset with a damned Gatchaman BDSM cosplay was a good idea.

Cataclysm: A few things come to mind but Deathwing was just the big sore spot..Blizzard's idea of the world destroyer is hitting his toenails and a few overglorified add fights...BRILLIANT

Pandaria: honestly it's more this expansion more than any of them made me realize how long I've been playing this bloody game and was a good stopping place... don't get me wrong I love Pandaria..Monk's are my all time favorite class and the Pandarian race is amazing ...but I don't know Pandaria just didn't motivate me to keep playing

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    BC: Color coded zones, with apparently no attempt at a smooth transition between them.
    LK: Jousting.
    Agree.
    TBC: exact spec over importance, Scales LW material rareness, orgrala rep, Warlock fear bomb kills, Pallys and spellpower, Kara runs, kara runs, kara runs.
    Wrath: TOC in general. ICC has been out too long crowd. Where I first noticed way too many people online making maths in the game more important then it should be to generate fame/money for themselves
    Cata: Story kind of sucked.
    Mop: Over importance of the cloak for raiding. (which is really drama about how it's a fucking bullet in the brain to do it for alts, or people who just jump in this late) People who say wow has been dumbed down, but have less then perfect timing hitting their skills.

Over all tho, I get really confused, as if I was the only one who noticed how people used to be about Talent Tree builds and how you are bad or can't raid cause your trees sit rite outside the mutually agreed upon builds... Min/maxing, which the community inflicted on itself, and then suddenly we get the reaction which is streamlining everything but that is now bad???? Well, we picked it, the second we all agreed that X has to have 3 points in Y Or he can't raid.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2014-08-11 at 03:21 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    TBC: exact spec over importance
    When people say this, I really have to wonder if said people actually played WoW Vanilla. Back in Vanilla, if you were a Warrior, you were either Protection, or you were Protection. You also had the option of being Protection, too. Paladins had a multitude of spec choices too: Holy, Holy and Holy. Druids? Resto or GTFO. And so on and so forth. If anything, TBC brought diversification by balancing more the specs. Paladins could actually tank too. And deal damage. Same with druids. Warriors could drop their shields and pick up that shiny two-handed axe they were coveting since forever!

Unless, of course, you're talking about 'cookie-cutter' builds, but those were in since Vanilla too.

Vanilla: Nothing

TBC: Nothing

Wrath: The Oculus

Cata: Everything after Firelands

MoP: Everything but the Monk class

Vanilla - didn't play also not an expansion. can't really say.

TBC: "LF 2 dps HC something, Rogue and Mage" also if your class could heal, you were supposed to be a healer. I wanted to play a boomkin, in the end I gave up and went resto. Also the retarded immunities of mobs. Wanna farm air elementals on that plateau above throne of the elements? Well gl, they're immune to everything except my 2 spells (yep, my poor boomkin wanted the epic LW set). Or the mechanar boss being immune to disease and possibly some other crap. I heard it was even more retarded in vanilla.

WotLK: Halion and TOC "raids".

Cata: let's ruin and take away a few zones from Alliance, for the fun of it. Also: too much Thrall.

MOP: Grindfest and gankfest named Timeless Isle a.k.a. "that's what you get if you dare complain about too many dailies". Also how useless are dungeons.

Bonus fail: last 3 expacs Blizzard having no clue how to plan their content span, first year they rush all raid tiers, second year they leave nothing to do.

Classic: Some specs (or even classes) being totally unviable.
    TBC: Turning our favourite characters into generic loot pinatas + rotations that were too simple
    Wotlk: Pathetic difficulty of dungeons/most raids + LFD
    Cata: Revamped zones as ally + LFR
    Mop: 5.3+5.4 as ally + pathetic difficulty of dungeons again

7+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla the complete awkwardness of class design everything had to be revamped, and the effects are being felt to this day (seriously all the problems with rogues are due to their weird ass vanilla design)

TBC What the end game did to guilds; requiring random chance legendaries and legions of Shaman for the final raid tier is insanely bad for guild synergy, combine that with attunements you have yourself a big problem

Wrath The game felt that it was designed heavily for PUGs, and they aren't really in the spirit of raiding.

Cataclysm The content that was cut was so great that it's a shell of an expansion, everything since then has been much lower in terms of ambition and it's unlikely we'll ever see another mega expansion like Wrath TBC or Cata.

MoP LFR being legitimized and the idea behind Challenge modes (I don't care about something being done quick rather with style).

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: It would have to be leveling for me. It felt like it took forever. Back then if you hit 60 you were a rare commodity.

TBC: For me this would have to be attunements. Now I wish they were back though.

Wrath: I really loved nearly all of Wrath. If I Had to pick one thing it would be Ulduar being rushed/ ToC. I was done with Ulduar when ToC came out, but ToC was so terrible I quit until ICC.

Cata: Most of it was bad Imo. Only piece I liked was Firelands. Rest of it just was bad.

MoP: Legendary. Should I say more? Who the hell thinks that legendaries should be for everyone? Seriously we need to come up with a new name for legendaries now that people think that they will always get one. We need like super weapons as a new legendary that isn't for everyone.
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2014-08-11 at 04:47 AM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    Vanilla: CLASS BALANCE. 1-2 usefull specs per class, some classes abre had a useful spec. Leveling slow and boring. Hard to reach dungeon/raid locations. Buggs
    TBC:Zangarmarsh, class balance again. Leveling still slow and boring.
    Wotlk: Class balance to a lesser extend (it was more apparenth though as people had more focus on dps, tank inc damage and heaking output.) Fucking OP dk's. Blizzards server crashing on patch day.
    Cata: Didnt play mutch, The deathwing fight. Thrall being severely overused thus getting boring. PvP
    MoP: 5 mans, lfr being the main way to gear alts, PvP was Horrible. The faction grinds. The useless justice points. Blizzard got better at balaning dps(except for warlocks) but the tank balance still sucks on some levels. (there is a lot of good things about pandaria, and its one of my favorite expansions despite these bad things)

7+ Year Old Account
    TBC : Nothing. I literally loved everything, the landscape, quests, mounts, new races, story... Unlike majority, i never was a illidan fanboy. I like how he got corrupted and i still love his hooves, wings, horns... Wish they got closer with Kael'thas. Imagine the level of sexiness!!!

WOTLK : Brann Bronzebeard and ridiculous boss mechanics. And the fact that it wasn't Sylvanas who killed Arthas. Come on, she deserved to kill him with her flamig arrows!

CATA : Alextrazsa and all the perversy focused around her. And raids in general.

MOP : Lady Jaine Proudmore and Blizzard's sexism to ruin every powerful women in Azeroth. Azeroth needs stronger, wiser FEMALE leaders. Not just "showcase" witches. And Wrathion. And Anduin. AAAND the curse of everlasting SOO. Enough already. I'm not even a raider and casual RP is becoming boring without new adventures to go with guildies. I hate that I'm doing SoO just for the heck of it.

WOD : will hate it if they dont fix *neck* and *waist* problems of night elf and DRAENEI male models. And upright orcs, please, my characters are smarter than both garrosh and thrall, and they can proudly stand straight.