Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Indeed. I was 1-4 and 2-5 last season I think, and I still ended up in the middle of the pack at the end. With some better management I think I might have even sniffed the playoffs.
    I am already trying to have the worst team while still giving effort.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you Jamal Charles. I still lost but I love you.

Is he back? Looking at the stats, he looks like he's back.

Also, xskarma, consider this. I scored like 114 points on your worst game. I wasted probably my best game beating a team I was going to beat anyway. That probably doesn't help you, but still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lost another one...

I would like to petition for league one to make punt returns touchdowns count for offensive players. I mean some players you draft just because they are good at punt returning.

Atleast I won 2 in my other leagues, so I am 2-2 this week.

And yes I did win in the league where I happened to have 5 people on byes.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-09-30 at 04:23 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Well clutch change by me to get Eddy Royal to fill in on my bye this week in league 2. His 22 points definitely helped an other wise pretty poor performance of my team. Mod league came down to the wire but Dez's late TD and Vereen's unimpressive points today were enough to help me get the win after the Eagles D/ST MVP performance.

We don't talk about league 1's worst performance of the year this week from my team. I'm just praying that getting Russel Wilson and Demaryius Thomas back from their bye will at least make the team competitive again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Indeed. I was 1-4 and 2-5 last season I think, and I still ended up in the middle of the pack at the end. With some better management I think I might have even sniffed the playoffs.
    So was I and ended up having the highest scoring team in the league, all I needed was for Josh Gordon to do something nobody had ever done before, surely one of my players can equal his performance...

10+ Year Old Account
    Got some statistically good matchups this week, though we all know that doesn't mean jack. Here's the thing though. Peyton Manning is playing Arizona. Philip Rivers is playing the Jets. I'm actually considering leaving Rivers in and keeping manning on the bench for this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, in the mod league, I have Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco (gotta love huge rosters). Romo is playing Houston's defense, which has been solid most of the year. Cousins had a terrible week, and is up against Seattle, who is Seattle. Joe Flacco is playing Indy, which sounds like my best possibility. I wonder though if Romo will continue to be healthy enough to play well, and can do so against Houston. I can just imagine him getting JJ Swatted so many times, especially if his back isn't healthy enough to be able to throw properly.

Jamal Charles and AJ Green are both playing against the best defenses against their position, so that could be bad. But, it's still a better option than playing backups. Also Jordy Nelson's opponent is quite good against receivers too. Ugh.

So what is this NFL.com $1 million thing? It flashed up once and I can't find it. Is it something you have to sign up for, or is it just based on your current team?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, in the mod league, I have Kirk Cousins, Tony Romo, and Joe Flacco (gotta love huge rosters). Romo is playing Houston's defense, which has been solid most of the year. Cousins had a terrible week, and is up against Seattle, who is Seattle. Joe Flacco is playing Indy, which sounds like my best possibility. I wonder though if Romo will continue to be healthy enough to play well, and can do so against Houston. I can just imagine him getting JJ Swatted so many times, especially if his back isn't healthy enough to be able to throw properly.

Jamal Charles and AJ Green are both playing against the best defenses against their position, so that could be bad. But, it's still a better option than playing backups. Also Jordy Nelson's opponent is quite good against receivers too. Ugh.

So what is this NFL.com $1 million thing? It flashed up once and I can't find it. Is it something you have to sign up for, or is it just based on your current team?
    I would go with Flacco. I would star Charles, it clear he is the redzone target.

The Texas game is going to be one of my favorites, I think the Texans is going to fuck Dallas up.

The million dollar thing is called "The Perfect Challenge". You are supposed to pick who you think is going to score the most points, a line up.

Not sure if I should flex Knile Davis, he got some good runs but that is only because Charles had to go to the locker room. Though they did switch them off the field and target both of them, last week one team I started both of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. That perfect team thing could be fun.

I wouldn't flex Knile Davis as long as Charles is healthy. He likely won't get any touchdown potential, and as a second back, he won't likely get enough carries and yards to make up for it. If he's your best option, yeah, go for it, but I don't see him getting enough chances.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh. That perfect team thing could be fun.
    It's fun to think about but a bitch to predict. To win the money you have to predict the top (or top 2) performer(s) for the week. It's been going on for a few seasons and has yet to be done. For example, here's last week's "perfect" lineup http://perfectchallenge.fantasy.nfl....troster&week=4 I think .2% of people had Eli started that week, around the same amount had Eagles for their defense.

Pendulous. We have a better chance to win the lotto than to get that NFL Perfect Challenge. Let's keep dreaming, buddy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Pendulous. We have a better chance to win the lotto than to get that NFL Perfect Challenge. Let's keep dreaming, buddy.
    But lotteries cost money so....and includes 0 skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    42 point by Green Bay, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb combine for three catches. Bloody hell...

10+ Year Old Account
    So I completed a trade but it won't go through until this monday. Hope I still keep the points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    So I completed a trade but it won't go through until this monday. Hope I still keep the points.
    Yeah, the wait thing is stupid. I submitted a waiver request Monday, which has to wait until Thursday. I lost it, which is fine, but now I have to wait until Sunday for my new request. If I lose that one, how is that even fair?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the wait thing is stupid. I submitted a waiver request Monday, which has to wait until Thursday. I lost it, which is fine, but now I have to wait until Sunday for my new request. If I lose that one, how is that even fair?
    I am guessing a defense? Unless you wanted a wr or te, unless you wanted to dump Rivers for Eli.

If it makes you feel better you are 2nd on the waiver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am guessing a defense?
    Yeah, screw the Redskins defense. Is there different times for different position requests?

Uh oh my boy is going on a cruise tomorrow morning. I hope he can accurately set the lineups lol or I'm fucked. Probably Thursday too I'm fucked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, screw the Redskins defense. Is there different times for different position requests?
    You wanted the 49ers? Go and pickup the Steelers, they are vs Jax, are you kidding me? Whether it is home or not you should at least be able to score 12 points. Every defense that has faced them have gotten 12 points or more. And no, no time differences that I know of. It seems waivers go around 2:32 a.m. central time, it is when I got my email.

I would have picked them up, but I just picked up the Cowboys more as a joke(and they have had +9 points each game consistent at least)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uh oh my boy is going on a cruise tomorrow morning. I hope he can accurately set the lineups lol or I'm fucked. Probably Thursday too I'm fucked.
    You can't even set your own lineup? At least it makes me feel better.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-10-04 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went for the Eagles Monday, lost it, and now looking for another. It sucks because I don't know how it works if you try to drop a player for two different ones at the same time.