Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    The fact that a state is delegating an authority to a group of university administrators who were in no way elected by the students who live there or the persons living in the vicinity is atrocious. California delegating that authority demonstrates exactly what type of fascistic society the state longs for.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    The big difference here is that the law decides to void such contracts because they're easily voidable in the understanding that such agreements are only gains or exchange agreements.

However, if one party was punishable because the agreements took place, then that has nothing to do with a voiding contracts.
    The law doesn't usually void them though. Theres clear conditions where a contract is voidable and when one isn't and the intoxicated party is left to deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Which is why it's silly to compare the two.
    I'm sorry it's been so long since I adressed this. Interent is down at the house and gotta do this during my work at a library.

That said, I can't help but feel that this is nothing more then arguing sematics. This difference in no way makes the comparison silly. Because the core of the comparison, that being drunk usually is not a premise to claim that you are not responsible for your actions, is still present.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The fact that a state is delegating an authority to a group of university administrators who were in no way elected by the students who live there or the persons living in the vicinity is atrocious. California delegating that authority demonstrates exactly what type of fascistic society the state longs for.
    I initially thought the same thing. But the students are free to do several things if they don't like the defintions and guidelines placed upon them.

They can go elsewhere to study.

They can party elsewhere where these standards don't apply.

They can flat out choose to not engage in sexual relations or pursue relationships in college (which is pragmatically the good thing to do anyway.)

- - - Updated - - -

I think laws like this have the potential to change the way we think about how to initiate sexual relations and other cultural things. But in some forms, I feel that this change is unnecessary.

For example. some guys think they have to ask a girl before they move in while most girls I know consider the guy in question to have no balls when he does this. But you don't need to ask before you simply move in for the kill. There's nonvberbal and romantic ways to see if she would be interested. Simply throwing an arm around her or lightly kissing the neck to gauge a reaction (assuming one is paying attention and stops immediately when he sees signs of discomfort) can get the job done just as well and the chick won't see that you're a nervous d-bag.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-08-12 at 04:04 PM.