Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question What to do with Windwool Cloth?

Over the past week I have aquired 2 guild bank tabs worth of Windwool Cloth. They sell pretty good raw on the AH in stacks of twenty, but i can't help thinking there is something better to do with them. Should I save them until WoD release, will they be more expensive then? I doubt making gear with them on my 600 tailor would be any good because its so late in the expansion, although it might be better with boosted 90s. Any suggestions on what I should do with all this windwool?

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing everyone does. Make bags and belts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    The same thing everyone does. Make bags and belts.
    I'm new to this thing. Which bags and belts preferably?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    for people who want money fast these aint worth it.

Make bolts of WW and get fill up your bank with something else.

Deleted
    Hi,

all depends on your market, but here are some options:

1. Craft: [Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Cloak of X] and disenchant it for 1.1x Ethereal Shard = 4 Bolts = 20 Cloth
    2. Craft: [Dreadful Gladiator's Felweave Amice] and vendor it for 17g 68s = 6 Bolts (i believe?) = 30 Cloth...
    3. Craft: Malevolent Gladiator's pieces and sell them on the ah.

Deleted
    craft cheapest (bolt wise) items and disenchant them.
    enchanting mats are more expensive from the prev. expansion at the start of a new one
    (atleast on my server,{Nagrand-eu-normal pop})

Fun fact about Windwool Cloth you probably never noticed - it's the ONLY cloth in the game you can't make bags with. Not directly, anyway; it first must be transformed into Imperial Silk. All other cloth types have bags you can make with it, but not straight Windwool.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Fun fact about Windwool Cloth you probably never noticed - it's the ONLY cloth in the game you can't make bags with. Not directly, anyway; it first must be transformed into Imperial Silk. All other cloth types have bags you can make with it, but not straight Windwool.
    I wish Blizz cut that idea from WoD, but I fear that is not the case. I find it extremely dumb to be gated in such a manner.
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem94 View Post
    I wish Blizz cut that idea from WoD, but I fear that is not the case. I find it extremely dumb to be gated in such a manner.
    It is kinda dum they didnt just at least make a bag with equal slots as the cata one imo.

Deleted
    I use all my Windwool Cloth to make bags and belts. Makes a nice bit of income.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    It is kinda dum they didnt just at least make a bag with equal slots as the cata one imo.
    True , my biggest bag is the Grummlepack because who has the time to craft 48 Imperial Silk? That's roughly 7 weeks per char.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    True , my biggest bag is the Grummlepack because who has the time to craft 48 Imperial Silk? That's roughly 7 weeks per char.
    It only takes like 10 seconds a day to craft an imperial silk since you can log out in the Silken fields and you only need to press one button. So I'd say overall it's not a big time investment. I've had two tailors since the beginning of MOP and my 10 90s all have full inventory and bank slots filled with 28 slot bags, made only by my own tailors. Of course if I had been selling the bags this entire time I'd have made quite a bit of gold, especially at the beginning of MOP when prices weren't deflated, but for me storage space>more gold at this point.

To the OP: I'd keep using the cloth for cooldowns and making bags and the 553 cloth armor. It may not sell for a lot, but there's definitely profit there. One of my guildies buys up cheap spirits of war and makes the accelerated celestial cloths, and makes several 553 items every day and still makes a profit even though on our high pop server there's a lot of competition and the prices are pretty low.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    476 cloaks, turns useless cloth in a little more than 4g/bolt

or you can keep it and sell in WoD

Deleted
    What I do with my windwool is that I (as a tailor) make cloaks that costs 4 cloths /cloak and just vendor them for 16g or whatever it is
    i guess you could put them on the AH for a bit more but I like to have my gold directly while doing it so yuh that's a way. maybe not the best but for me it's aight

Does anyone make Imperial Silk -> Greater Cerulean Spellthread? Maybe the economy on my server is messed up, but there's more profit from selling 12 spellthreads than I'd get from 1 Royal Satchel. The spellthreads fluctuate between 150g - 400g (I usually end up selling them closer to 300g a piece), and always always sell no matter the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    Does anyone make Imperial Silk -> Greater Cerulean Spellthread? Maybe the economy on my server is messed up, but there's more profit from selling 12 spellthreads than I'd get from 1 Royal Satchel. The spellthreads fluctuate between 150g - 400g (I usually end up selling them closer to 300g a piece), and always always sell no matter the price.
    While that may be true that 12 spell threads sell for more than 1 royal satchel, you have to take into consideration several other factors. First and foremost having to sell 12 things versus 1 thing. I make about 1800-2500 profit on 1 royal satchel after crafting costs and I only have to post 1 item that 95% of the time sells without having to be reposted or cancelled and reset to undercut someone. You also have to take into account that bag space is always valuable, whereas an enchant for gear is not. People stop worrying about upgrades the closer the xpac gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    It's much better to make leg enchants on my server as well. I would make these all day long. I would never ever make shit gear to disenchant. Sounds like a huge waste to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    While that may be true that 12 spell threads sell for more than 1 royal satchel, you have to take into consideration several other factors. First and foremost having to sell 12 things versus 1 thing. I make about 1800-2500 profit on 1 royal satchel after crafting costs and I only have to post 1 item that 95% of the time sells without having to be reposted or cancelled and reset to undercut someone. You also have to take into account that bag space is always valuable, whereas an enchant for gear is not. People stop worrying about upgrades the closer the xpac gets.
    I wouldn't say that the time it takes to post 12 things vs 1 thing really makes much of a difference - its all just a couple of seconds either way. I don't usually have to repost leg enchants either. Bag space is important, and its something people value, but on my server its more profitable to craft 12 spellthreads vs selling the bag and its not even close. A satchel sells for usually low 2k's and I end up making 3-3.5k off 12 leg enchants. That's great if its working for you, but from what I've seen many servers are similar to mine where they just aren't as profitable.

Windwool cloth is used for tailoring