WOD profession boost on a max level character

So I recently leveled a priest but didn't have WOD purchased at the time and hadn't even bothered to read about the details of boosting a character to level 90. I'm now a good way into the legendary quest and have an ilvl of about 540, but still missing professions since some scumbag is selling crappy level herbs for a ridiculous amount of money.

I have absolutely no desire to get more characters and want to use the character boost on my max level priest to cap two professions, but for some reason that isn't allowed through the interface atleast. Have you or do you know someone who has been able to use the perk on a max level character through a GM ticket or something?

Easiest way would be to make another priest and do it that way. Your Ilevel is about to not matter very much.

Also... Just level the professions you want. And it is quite common to post low level herbs for more than high level ones. Low supply and High demand.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

I don't think you can boost an existing 90, maybe they'll do something about it in WoD.

Grinding the mats for a profession is tedious but doesn't take THAT long. Certainly less than leveling. I'd recommend maxing them the regular way if you can't afford a mat pack.

Also when chosing professions bear in mind that in WoD you don't derive any combat benefit from them, so you can pick whichever ones you want because you like them or expect to make a lot of gold from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
    Easiest way would be to make another priest and do it that way. Your Ilevel is about to not matter very much.

Also... Just level the professions you want. And it is quite common to post low level herbs for more than high level ones. Low supply and High demand.
    Having shitty gear, especially with a stat dependent spec like discipline, is the absolute worst part of this game. I'll be extremely busy when WOD launches and having to level a healer class in greens is not how I want to spend my time.

I'm fine with paying a decent price for lowbie herbs and ores, but when they get to a price where I have to pay 6-7g for each herb/ore until cataclysm levels then I stop being interested. It's not like I don't have the money, I won't support that on principal.

Being forced to use this boost perk for another profession mule rather than an existing character doesn't seem very though through.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Having shitty gear, especially with a stat dependent spec like discipline, is the absolute worst part of this game. I'll be extremely busy when WOD launches and having to level a healer class in greens is not how I want to spend my time.

I'm fine with paying a decent price for lowbie herbs and ores, but when they get to a price where I have to pay 6-7g for each herb/ore until cataclysm levels then I stop being interested. It's not like I don't have the money, I won't support that on principal.

Being forced to use this boost perk for another profession mule rather than an existing character doesn't seem very though through.
    Sorry but I leveled my priest as Disc using the greens you can buy from the vendors in jade forest. Mine was boosted to 85 via SoR. So... yeah. I didn't get free profs out of it. You can open a ticket, but that is gonna takes a day or two when you can easily level your profs in a night, or boost another character and play that one.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Got a GM response which stated that they are not willing to boost your professions unless they can also grant you atleast one level.

So dumb.. :-C

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Got a GM response which stated that they are not willing to boost your professions unless they can also grant you atleast one level.

So dumb.. :-C
    Explanation: the GMs can't / aren't willing to do something special. The regular boost that they can / are willing to apply fails to work on an already max-level char, and that's that.

It's stupid. Then again, GMs were always like that, step left / step right from the ten or so hard-coded scenarios and they don't know what to do... and mostly don't care.

http://www.wow-professions.com/

Use that, I use this site for every profession I level and it works well and tells you exactly what you will need for each thing you are leveling.

I use dual monitors so when leveling professions I put YouTube on one monitor and WoW on the other, makes the job less tedious and you get there rather quickly without realizing it. You also make a crap tonne of money selling stuff you make.