Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Officers name has been released and the officer happens to be black. on my phone so I can't post a link but go to ksdk.com
    So the officer suspected Mike Brown was fleeing from a strong arm robbery, struck the officer and tried to gain control of his firearm, and then fled on foot?

If that's the chain of events, depending on the laws in MO, the shooting may have been justified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Except things got out of control again last night. cop cars vandalized. Brawls in the streets and ina McDonald's. Two white people were attacked, one shot. All these stories can be found on ksdk.com. Can't link from my phone.
    Two white people were attacked?! Clearly the attack was racist, after all you mentioned their race specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So the officer suspected Mike Brown was fleeing from a strong arm robbery, struck the officer and tried to gain control of his firearm, and then fled on foot?

If that's the chain of events, depending on the laws in MO, the shooting may have been justified.
    That's the events according to the officer who shot Mike Brown. No other witness confirms it and several contradict it.

Frankly... I care less about that then about the martial law style of events that followed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's the events according to the officer who shot Mike Brown. No other witness confirms it and several contradict it.
    Unfortunately, eye witnesses don't carry the same credibility (in court) as a cop. There is one person who filmed the uncle coming up to mike brown's dead body, it's possible she may have additional video/photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Two people shot in drivebys. Another man attacked by 5 black youth while walking his dog. Race plays a role when it's racially motivated. Like these attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Except things got out of control again last night. cop cars vandalized. Brawls in the streets and ina McDonald's. Two white people were attacked, one shot. All these stories can be found on ksdk.com. Can't link from my phone.
    So you arrest those people. You don't indiscriminately attack all peaceful protesters. Notice how no one is making a big deal about these events, not even the police. They are isolated incidents, things did not get "out of control again."

Deleted
    Two people shot in drivebys. Another man attacked by 5 black youth while walking his dog. Race plays a role when it's racially motivated. Like these attacks.
    You can prove they were racially motivated?

- - - Updated - - -

There is CCTV footage too. When the story first broke I read an article that claimed the officer pursued him because of an recent shoplifting in the area. And surprise surprise the convenience store that was looted and burnt to the ground, was the very store that was robbed earlier that day and made the 911 call that started the whole chain of events.

I am surprised it took this long for it to come out. Because I am 100% plenty of people knew exactly wtf happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    There is CCTV footage too. When the story first broke I read an article that claimed the officer pursued him because of an recent shoplifting in the area. And surprise surprise the convenience store that was looted and burnt to the ground, was the very store that was robbed earlier that day and made the 911 call that started the whole chain of events.

I am surprised it took this long for it to come out. Because I am 100% plenty of people knew exactly wtf happened.
    Different store actually. This has been explained a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a fight in a McD's that resulted in the fighters tossing rocks at officers and their cars and a couple assaults.

Aside from the shooting, sounds about like an average day's police blotter around here.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Eyewitnesses say that Mike Brown was in the middle of surrendering when he was shot. In the chain of events the officer would have been justified in shooting him when they were fighting over his firearm, not if Mike Brown was in the middle of surrendering. In the case of Johathan Ferrel they found the officer guilty of voluntary manslaughter and but it still took a second grand jury to do it. In some people's minds just being a large black man is enough to use lethal force.

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The attacks on white people when the black community is calling for justice on chips and white people. I'm sure it's all coicidental. #sarcasm.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The attacks on white people when the black community is calling for justice on chips and white people. I'm sure it's all coicidental. #sarcasm.
    So that's a no, you can't prove it.

Why you so racey bro?

Deleted
    So...no actual proof then?
    Just like the so called 'liberal media', claim everything's about race with no proof to stir up hatred.

The black community is doing no such thing nation wide. You really need to try and hold back the fear mongering unless you are saying the black people were you live are rioting or that the black community is rioting on a national level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Eyewitnesses say that Mike Brown was in the middle of surrendering when he was shot. In the chain of events the officer would have been justified in shooting him when they were fighting over his firearm, not if Mike Brown was in the middle of surrendering. In the case of Johathan Ferrel they found the officer guilty of voluntary manslaughter and but it still took a second grand jury to do it. In some people's minds just being a large black man is enough to use lethal force.
    Hell, look at the case up here in Canada with the streetcar shooting; a guy (Sammy Yatim) armed with a knife, who'd threatened people on the streetcar, held police off for a while. He moved towards the officer trying to get him out of the streetcar at one point, and the officer shot him. He died. That officer is now being charged with second-degree murder.

Differences;

1> Yatim wasn't running away or surrendering, he was obviously hostile and aggressive
    2> Yatim was armed with a knife
    3> There was no question whatsoever that Yatim's actions were criminal

And it was still enough to charge the officer with second-degree murder for firing.
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-08-15 at 05:03 PM.

"Here deep u had no proof" the proof is three separate incidents of people bring shot or attacked for no reason except they were white.

"Bro u in so racist for saying the obvious
    You idiots can try to deny all you want. If they don't want it to be considered racist acts of violence maybe they shouldnt hold signs calling for justice against whites.

[Infracted - Flaming]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-08-15 at 05:57 PM.

"Here deep u had no proof" the proof is three separate incidents of people bring shot or attacked for no reason except they were white.
    This was neither stated nor proven. As Masark said, it read like a police blotter.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It seems that just moments earlier he was caught stealing cigars? And we still don't have the statement from police about what actually happened that lead to the discharge of the officers gun.

I'm going to hold out on getting upset over an "innocent" boy getting shot until more info is released from the police chief.
    Stealing cigars is not punishable by death.