Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The sooner people stop addressing online as something other than real life, the better.
    I think a lot of people feel safer, more free online. No disapproving faces, bored faces. The Shyness goes away, you can actually speak your mind without being interrupted by rude friends/strangers/coworkers. I feel that they are two separate things to a lot of people, and their true self is somewhere in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I think a lot of people feel safer, more free online. No disapproving faces, bored faces. The Shyness goes away, you can actually speak your mind without being interrupted by rude friends/strangers/coworkers. I feel that they are two separate things to a lot of people, and their true self is somewhere in the middle.
    I hear that, and you make it sound wonderful, until you recognize that this also has an equal and opposite reaction when you have people who are generally nice in person, but when behind a monitor turn into complete jerks.

The best would be, if each person's true self could be confidently shown in public. But I know that isn't 100% realistic as some people are just shy no matter the format.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kind of the same I guess, maybe a bit more friendly and quiet in real. On skype with online friends though, im the loudest guy in the world, I really dont know why. Maybe its because ive been playing games with them for 7 years..

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I'm a huge prude IRL, thats about it.