Poll: How much downtime do you prefer?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Frost (expect 2h in MOP) has never been a downtime spec. I'd love the fast-paced combat, i don't want to be slow. Where aree blizzard going with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I'd love the fast-paced combat, i don't want to be slow. Where aree blizzard going with this?
    Slower than feral.

Upset about that? Too bad, you'll get used to it. (Is what the devs are saying.)

0 or 99% i prefer to either play the game or afk lfr/whatever while watching tv there is no in between for me

I would vote 15% simply because it's still fast to keep the feel of the class, but also slow enough where our decisions and actions would matter in what we push during procs.

I have no problem looking forward and making decisions with 0% downtime and it pisses me off that they are slowing down my spec. Downtime is boring as fuck imo.

0 to max 10% I like to actually play the game

pressings buttons is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    I have no problem looking forward and making decisions with 0% downtime and it pisses me off that they are slowing down my spec. Downtime is boring as fuck imo.
    I don't disagree, but the realistic thing is we can't sway the way they are forcing the game to go. 15% is the best compromise I think we will end up getting at max gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune322 View Post
    I don't disagree, but the realistic thing is we can't sway the way they are forcing the game to go. 15% is the best compromise I think we will end up getting at max gear.
    yeah but they are wrong in taking the game into that direction and we should complain in order to maybe effect some change, maybe not immediately but in a future patch or expansion
    I don't care about dumbing down the game but i really don't enjoy the "don't have anything to do for 2s every 10s" it's fucking shit and just not fun

fuck do I hate nearly everything about this next expansion, those people should have just stayed at titan, I don't get why we need people who couldn't make a game for years shitting up wow

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yeah but they are wrong in taking the game into that direction and we should complain in order to maybe effect some change, maybe not immediately but in a future patch or expansion
    I don't care about dumbing down the game but i really don't enjoy the "don't have anything to do for 2s every 10s" it's fucking shit and just not fun

fuck do I hate nearly everything about this next expansion, those people should have just stayed at titan, I don't get why we need people who couldn't make a game for years shitting up wow
    The gaps are frequent and I've rarely had a 2s downtime. With that said, people have tried to tell them. They won't listen to the feedback.

I hate downtime. Every second doesn't have to be a meaningful choice, for instance most casters have a filler spell (Lightning Bolt, Fireball, ect) to cast when all of the more important options are on CD which feels a lot better than just auto attacking.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate downtime. Every second doesn't have to be a meaningful choice, for instance most casters have a filler spell (Lightning Bolt, Fireball, ect) to cast when all of the more important options are on CD which feels a lot better than just auto attacking.
    That's cause they have cast times associated with them. The cast time is their downtime. They don't just have all instant spells. I get the slowdown(to make us care more about KM) but they did overall overdo it.

I am ok with some downtime as long as my action prior to down time makes impact. I am ok with dealing a burst of damage and having downtime as opposed to having damage done throughout as long as it's equal or more than the latter.

It gives me a more or less class feel, DKs use 2h (except dw frost) which should mean I'll hit hard and maybe have to wait a few seconds to ready my next burst, as opposed to say a enhancement shaman doing all kinds of smaller numbers all the time.
    Nyaaaa~

I want as much downtime as mages and warlocks. How much is that?

And yet blizzard shrugs and says they're not sure why mages are always top of the meters.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted 20% since I too think 15% is the sweet spot, having fast gameplay yet giving some room for decisions. I not sure if people realize that anything sub-10% is effectively gcd-capped, with 0% meaning you're constantly wasting resources because you can't spend them fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    I want as much downtime as mages and warlocks. How much is that?
    They have 0 downtime, because they're casters and use cast-time filler spells. Not really comparable.

I voted for 0, I like to always have something to do and not waiting either for runes or rp or both.

I'd like to have down time follow a rough gear curve.

Heroic Dungeons: ~15-20%
    Heroic/Mythic Raid Tier17: ~10-15%
    Heroic/Mythic Raid Tier18: ~5-10%
    Heroic/Mythic Raid Tier19: ~0-5%

0% is bad, I like Gaiseric's idea, but us going to 0% is bad so much resource overload that it essentially will go back to the levels we are now where we have so much resources we dont need to think.

I think starting at 25-30% and working our way down to 15% is the best curve through the expansion. It will keep us wanting haste throughout the expansion on top of making us play pretty fast, remember 10% is essentially GCD locked, all while making our choices matter. It will make Obliterate mean more for 2H and FS more for DW. Especially considering DW is going to use Obliterate again(for now) using KM in the wrong manner will effect dps at 15% downtime which could actually be fun and engaging gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune322 View Post
    I think starting at 25-30% and working our way down to 15% is the best curve through the expansion.
    I completeky agree, with the caveat that 30% is a fresh L100 in leveling greens and shouldn't last long. I hate Frost at 30% wait time. 25% is slow too, but appropriate to leave room to grow.

I hate waiting to hit a button. It's boring, especially on something like a DK where you really don't need to plan far ahead. I'd rather waste resources than have an empty GCD - You may be "wasting" DPS in that sense, but you're still doing more damage than you would be without actually hitting anything. The idea being you waste as little as you can for maximum DPS.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-08-13 at 03:49 PM.