Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,054

    Do You Have A Goal When You Go On Dates?

    Do you have a goal when you go out on dates? I have had this argument with some friends a couple of times and I want to get more opinions. I personally never have a goal of entering a relationship or even gettin laid when I ask a girl out on a date. My friends think that is wrong and you should really only date someone if you want to lead to something more.

    What is your opinion?

    Opinion of Greymane: To have fun
    Friend of Greymane 1: To enter a relationship and you should only date those who you wish to enter one with
    Friend of Greymane 2: Someone you want a future with, and only that kind of person
    Friend of Greymane 3: To have a boy and or girl friend
    Friend of Greymane 4: Sex




    Just for teh lulz, my ideal time would be the old fashioned rendezvous, passionate weekend get away kinda thing
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-08-11 at 02:17 PM.

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  2. #2
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,847
    My goal is typically to try to enjoy myself, and determine if the girl and I have any sort of chemistry.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    4,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My goal is typically to try to enjoy myself, and determine if the girl and I have any sort of chemistry.
    Well this thread was solved quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    I'm proud to be xenophobic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Leaving the EU would not in any way pose a negative impact on the UK's economy or means/ability to trade with countries within the EU.

  4. #4
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,054
    Cant really be solved since its an opinion

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Erin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Do you have a goal when you go out on dates? I have had this argument with some friends a couple of times and I want to get more opinions. I personally never have a goal of entering a relationship or even gettin laid when I ask a girl out on a date. My friends think that is wrong and you should really only date someone if you want to lead to something more.

    What is your opinion?






    Just for teh lulz, my ideal time would be the old fashioned rendezvous, passionate weekend get away kinda thing
    Depends on the date and on the person. I've been on dates before just because I was bored and wanted to hang out with someone, but it's usually a very different kind of date. There there are like random hookups where I've gone to meet people I met online or on tinder for sex, but I'm not sure if that counts as a date, exactly, if you are just going to their house, boning them then leaving? Plenty of times where I've gone with the intention of hopefully ending up in a relationship at some point, though it often doesn't turn out like that.

  6. #6
    mine is to have a good time. If we can find a common interest then we might get somewhere. Long as both sides split the bill then all is good.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,158
    I don't go on dates. Ever. So I guess I don't have any goals...

  8. #8
    I thought the goal was to get to know the person better.

  9. #9
    Sure, to see if the girl is relationship material, and later on sex. I would never bother with dating otherwise.

  10. #10
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Depends on the date and on the person. I've been on dates before just because I was bored and wanted to hang out with someone, but it's usually a very different kind of date. There there are like random hookups where I've gone to meet people I met online or on tinder for sex, but I'm not sure if that counts as a date, exactly, if you are just going to their house, boning them then leaving? Plenty of times where I've gone with the intention of hopefully ending up in a relationship at some point, though it often doesn't turn out like that.
    I guess I should clarify that my earlier comment was what I do for dates, generally. I have, however, gone out on the town with the express intention of seeing if I could get laid that night. I was successful, but god that night sucked ass.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  11. #11
    My goal when dating a new girl is to come home with both of my kidneys. I have read some things on the internet!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,571
    You're implying I go on dates...

    I don't.


  13. #13
    Elemental Lord Manakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cambridge!
    Posts
    8,960
    Do we like each other, does the conversation halt and have awkward pauses or is it fluent, do we share (Roughly) the same mindset?

    Did we enjoy the night together?

    Bear in mind i've only ever done 2 "Real" dates so far, one turned out awful, the other much better.

    And i have no goal when going out with the person other than exploring them as a person, sex isn't on the table for me until at least date 3 (I'm sure some wonderful exception will come, who knows).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh Manakin, have I told you lately that I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The British did not play a major role in WW2

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My goal is typically to try to enjoy myself, and determine if the girl and I have any sort of chemistry.
    Yeah, I usually mess around and land in the friendzone. Like, I friend them too long, or it takes me too long to figure out if i want there to be more. Normally, a date type situation, I'm not looking to bang them, but hopeful that there is enough there to see them again (friends or other), but it is never just a straight out date date, just more like hanging out "I'm going to blah, you should come" without it specifically being stated that it is a date. Separating them from the work/school whatever environment, away from the herd.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  15. #15
    See if it clicks, if it does go on a second date and see where dating might end up. I guess I'm boring like that.
    ~ Streaming stuff and drawings ~

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Spalding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Land Down Under
    Posts
    469
    Well, in my experience, first date for me... I guess see how our chemistry is, in and out of the bedroom. If compatible with both then it could become something. Single now as I haven't found someone who is compatible with both sadly. Oh well. I guess the 'putting in hard work, time and respect' values are gone in todays world.
    I suppose the real keepers arent the ones ya judge off of one date, they're the ones you spend more time with hmm. :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I usually mess around and land in the friendzone. Like, I friend them too long, or it takes me too long to figure out if i want there to be more. Normally, a date type situation, I'm not looking to bang them, but hopeful that there is enough there to see them again (friends or other), but it is never just a straight out date date, just more like hanging out "I'm going to blah, you should come" without it specifically being stated that it is a date. Separating them from the work/school whatever environment, away from the herd.
    my advice for you mate is don't mess around! go straight on a date and see how that goes. you show initiative like that, set something up, make em laugh
    and you'll have yourself a winner!
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

  17. #17
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    18,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I usually mess around and land in the friendzone. Like, I friend them too long, or it takes me too long to figure out if i want there to be more. Normally, a date type situation, I'm not looking to bang them, but hopeful that there is enough there to see them again (friends or other), but it is never just a straight out date date, just more like hanging out "I'm going to blah, you should come" without it specifically being stated that it is a date. Separating them from the work/school whatever environment, away from the herd.
    Well if you have the chemistry I was talking about, you kiss the girl goodnight on the first date. You can't get "friendzoned" (as if that were a real thing) doing that.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  18. #18
    Titan Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    11,452
    Any hole is a goal.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Erin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    4,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I guess I should clarify that my earlier comment was what I do for dates, generally. I have, however, gone out on the town with the express intention of seeing if I could get laid that night. I was successful, but god that night sucked ass.
    Haha RIGHT! Like it's funny because I always used to have this really romanticised view of people who have one night hookups and stuff as having this amazing sex life filled with amazing sex and beautiful girls and stuff. And then when you do it yourself you're like, wow actually sex is really boring when you don't care about the person and you're laying there and they're like going down on you or whatever and you're meant to be enjoying it but all you can think about is like "oh, she's got a crack in the paint on her ceiling, I wonder if she's getting that fixed. What am I going to eat for dinner? Ooh, I've got those frozen pizzas in I could have one of those. Maybe I should make my own pizza, I suppose I would have to buy the toppings and that's expensive. I wonder if it's cheaper than just buying frozen pizzas. Oh I don't have anything to let the bread rise on for the base. I suppose I could use a baking tray but would I get rectangular pizzas then? Would that be a bad thing? I suppose it would remind me a bit of school, but it would still taste good" or something

  20. #20
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    17,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Any hole is a goal.

    obligatory bro fist through the screen

    *bro fist*

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •