Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seems like the ally win bgs that are more pve oriented, anytime they actually have to engage another player they fall apart. Healers are never targeted, I don't how many times I've seen people go after the hunter and not once touch the 2 healers behind him who are free casting. They also never protect their healers well, unless the healer is saving themselves, ally will not help the guy out. Of course this is anecdotal and I don't have real stats to back anything but this is what I've noticed when I pvp <shrug>

Deleted
    Do you guys think getting rid of all 3rd party software would remove bots? Like a system check when you start up your game. Anything found and it locks your account until removed.

This would get rid of add ons too. Yes I know a vast amount of players love them but some are just getting silly now like the orb dispenser add on for monks making them indestructible or the auto interrupt mod that makes it impossible to fake cast. They need to sort it out imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    My experience, anecdotal and all, is that I lose more BGs on my Horde characters than I do Alliance. Add in the 10+ minute queues Horde-side, and it got old real fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

As someone who has PvP'd significantly more on my Horde toon, I'd say the Horde are about as equally bad. However for the 40-man BG's (AV and IoC) the Alliance almost always wins. Whether they're better at zerging, better at defending what they've claimed, or just have more sophisticated bots, I don't know but those 40 mans became such a nightmare for my PvP toon that I just blacklisted them. All the other battlegrounds are fairly up in the air. Alliance usually wins in my Gilneas, Warsong, and the Gold games, but the Horde usually wins Silvershard, Storm, and AB.

Also random battlegrounds are very volatile. You can either have a good team that meshes well and has people that know what to do, how to play, and how to react... or you can have dipshits that run around aimlessly and don't know how to defend, zerg, or respond to base attacks. But I can honestly say that the Alliance isn't really any better or worse than the Horde, it just depends on the skill of the people playing that day.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

I know some (couldn't say most ~over 50) of the top RBG players in EU (from which some are very very good at arena aswell) and all i can say is that Horde just dominates through sheer numbers, and most of my buddies have moved to ally for the racials so they can have a better advantage at pvp (human racial equivalent to pvp trinket, dwarf removing bleeds, NE shadowmeld then drinks as healer, worgen bugging the speed racial resulting in 300+ % speed while stealthed as druid).

I also tried to gear up a worgen hunter, and guess what? It didn't happen (it was before my friends moved ally). And a friend of mine tried aswell. Guess what? He's still trying. =)) it's hilarious. Alliance players are statistically very very bad atleast from my personal statistics and not just in pvp, in pve aswell.

Advice: get friends, or die IRL trying.

Deleted
    Certain communities like Outland and Stormscale EU tend to attract players according to the servers preferred style of play such as PvE or PvP. If you're more likely to face opponents from the battlegroup that include server communities like this then you tend to see more losses on the opposite side. My home server is Ravencrest EU and frequently, I'm forced to go against Russians and Stormscale premades quite frequently.

As a result, if I don't queue with a group, I can go upwards of 10 losses in a row very often. This makes gearing up in PvP an absolute nightmare when the JP > HP conversion rate is abysmally shit. Due to this, I see a lot of bots even during the day on alliance but its never been this bad. They're literally ravaging every single BG and they're even more annoying to play against with their instant focus interrupts, focus CC spam.

PvP has been in shambles during MoP but this bot spam just ruins everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I play both factions on the same server (Frostmourne), and I do see some evidence that Horde win a lot more games than Alliance. However, that's playing as solo, and what a lot of people don't know is that you're able to queue up for a match with up to 5 people (including yourself). If I queue with 4 other friends of mine, it doesn't matter which faction we play on, the rate at which we win is give or take 50-50.

Stop blaming factions, and play with your friends. You'll have a lot more fun and you'll notice it's not as hopeless as it may seem.
    You queue up as a group of 5 and only manage to win 50% of the time?

Simple answer: Alliance is the bigger carebear faction. When talking about random BGs, your good player:carebear ratio is lower on average than what you would get on Horde.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ally and going in with a premade from Sargeras was a great idea. We were all 550 (5 of us) and went into Silvershard Mines and wrecked the horde. We literally camped their graveyard the entire time. Did quite a few matches and won a majority of them. However going in with a bunch of randoms is always a bad idea, always get shit geared boosters joining in and ruining the match. I mean at least get the timeless gear or some raid gear. Always call them out but i have my reasons why i do.

Deleted
    Meh the age old question! Whenever I soloed with Alliance it was impossible to organise the randoms as they'd do their own thing. It's a different story with an actual organised team of friends. However the only times the randoms organised or tried to win was in AV and IoC. I think this is due to self a self fulfilling prophecy that we'd lose other bgs, as the good players avoided them. In my experience Bgs such as AB, EotS and SotA were even avoided or less preferable all the way back in TBC and WotLK. So I guess its a mix of self fulfilling prophecy and it actually being hard to win solo.

Faced a Horde IOC at 3am last night that was at least 25-30 bots, almost the entire bg lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Faced a Horde IOC at 3am last night that was at least 25-30 bots, almost the entire bg lol
    I like those matches, nothing makes me feel like more of a God than when I'm facing a crap load of horde bots controlling characters with green gear and 350k HP. Thanks for the 170 HKS in a 8 min long BG.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I like those matches, nothing makes me feel like more of a God than when I'm facing a crap load of horde bots controlling characters with green gear and 350k HP. Thanks for the 170 HKS in a 8 min long BG.
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy reckstorming the Hordies at the workshop flag on my Warrior. IoC would be a lot more fun if it weren't so one sided, but I'm not going to complain much about a free win. Horde have SSM and Strand, we have IoC and AV, everything else is hit or miss. For random BGs, I guess that's balanced enough.

Do agree 100% that we need to be more aggressive towards doing something about the bots though.

I think it would be really interested to see the win ratios studied more in depth - I know only 20% use the blacklist feature, but perhaps these 20% contribute the most?
    Call me Cassandra

15+ Year Old Account
    I find Alliance cant command and conquer well for some reason, they are great at maps where you can just be in one massive group but they fail at things like eots and ab because you need people everywhere to win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    From what I have seen lately Alliance is alt and boost heavy right now. I go in a BG and at least 50% have under 450K hp which to me indicates they are under-geared. When I look at the horde they will have 1-2 under geared. Alliance is also oblivious to anyone besides themselves. The cry that no one is healing them, yet everytime they have a healer around them they let the other team beat the shit out of them. They don't even attempt to CC or peel the other team off them. That and finally alliance is all about doing damage which is why you rarely see healers. Horde has 2-3 healers every BG Alliance will be lucky to have 1. Biggest thing I see is Alliance doesn't attempt to work together at all, they are more interested in pointing fingers at everyone else and talking shit.

I have a theory about why horde is better at BGs but I don't want to say it for fear of being called a sexist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    I have a theory about why horde is better at BGs but I don't want to say it for fear of being called a sexist.
    Because there are no...certain gender playing Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    I think it would be really interested to see the win ratios studied more in depth - I know only 20% use the blacklist feature, but perhaps these 20% contribute the most?
    Im pretty sure if all bg's are counted together it's pretty much 50/50, maybe 55/45 for horde. But it's not like it's significantly harder or easier to gear via bg's on either side.

-big pve guild who are usually also good at pvp switch over to horde
    -creates a effect where every hardcore wannabe switches to horde
    -in general horde attracts the more hardcore players while alliance has more casuals and kids
    -thus more important streamers, youtube personalities etc are horde creating another effect where everyone else who cares follows them

unless blizzard inbalances the racials drastic again this won't change, if you want to pvp or do high level pve you play horde