Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    babies gotta eat

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You really expect a mother to not feed her baby just because of where they are? When a baby is hungry, it needs feeding. It can't wait, it needs attention. An older child? Sure it can wait, but not a baby. Thus you admit that they need to leave the house, and we know that babies need feeding, sometimes unpredictable. Baby can't wait, and those 2 times are going to cross each other. They don't go out with the intention of breast feeding in public, they go out and then the baby gets hungry. What are they supposed to do, make it wait, go home then come out and try again?
    http://www.30-five.com/2010/04/baby-...gular-feeding/

Imagine that... A feeding schedule for your baby. Not just giving it what it wants exactly when it wants it. It might be a good way to start the child realizing it can't get what it wants just because it cries a little. That should help it start to realize that by the time it becomes an adult.

Any other comments you want to make that I can prove wrong with an easy google search... go right ahead. Its fun for me.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Do the people who have a problem with it also have a problem with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Just because you dislike the reason it doesn't negate it.

A mother has every right to feed her child in public, it has innumerable health benefits and also placates the child.
    Breast feeding... Absolutely! Breast feeding in public... not anymore than breast feeding at home. I don't think this is an argument against breast feeding. Its an argument about doing it in public!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Babies may be hungry at the Subway line.
    then the babie can wait 3 minutes or you can step out of line and go to the bathroom. i have a friend whos diabetic, when he needs to take insulin he goes to the bathroom because he knows needles and being injected make some others near by uncomfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Do the people who have a problem with it also have a problem with this?

totally broken link.

i have a big problem with broken links.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post

Any other comments you want to make that I can prove wrong with an easy google search... go right ahead. Its fun for me.
    The point is that there is no legitimate reason why breastfeeding couldn't be done in public. And the "OMG I get a hard-on every time I see a breast" is not an excuse, because in that case the problem is not with the breastfeeding, but with your smutty little mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    lmfao. of course their sexist "morality" has everything to do with it. that's the very reason why THEY are trying to criminalize what they don't like seeing, because they believe they have the right to legislate their silly "beliefs".
    Who on earth mentioned anything about sexism? I'm tempted to call you a feminazi right here and now. I've been keeping up with this thread from start to finish, and no-one, NOT ONE PERSON, has said anything along the lines of 'it's not okay because women'. You're despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i have a big problem with broken links.
    It's fixed.

I couldn't care less about what others do. If you don't like it don't watch them do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Who on earth mentioned anything about sexism? I'm tempted to call you a feminazi right here and now. I've been keeping up with this thread from start to finish, and no-one, NOT ONE PERSON, has said anything along the lines of 'it's not okay because women'. You're despicable.
    Well, when it's only affecting women... You know...

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.30-five.com/2010/04/baby-...gular-feeding/

Imagine that... A feeding schedule for your baby. Not just giving it what it wants exactly when it wants it. It might be a good way to start the child realizing it can't get what it wants just because it cries a little. That should help it start to realize that by the time it becomes an adult.

It's a fucking baby, it's not learning anything and it's not realising anything. What a load of complete bullshit.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I actually thought French would be more tolerant of it than British.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    France does have an enormous Muslim population, could be a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Enormous? Only about 3-4% of France is Muslim.
    I understand about 80%+ of France recognise as Catholic... which is much more likely to be a factor.

Only 14 pages, but some of them were absolute gold so definately take the quality over quantity. Especially the bit where a certain person decided to claim "Oh actually I'm just trolling you all" because he realised everyone thought he was a mong

EDIT: No no, bang on the money at 15 pages lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's illegal to ask someone to stop breastfeeding in public, here in the UK due to an Equality Act of 2010.

That being said, doesn't bother me anyway and with my first born on the way, I very much look forward to someone -trying- to tell my partner that she shouldn't breastfeed in public.

Breast feeding... Absolutely! Breast feeding in public... not anymore than breast feeding at home. I don't think this is an argument against breast feeding. Its an argument about doing it in public!
    So, babies shouldn't be in public? After all, babies have to be nursed fairly often, and people's lives require them to be in public. Do you think dining or eating in general should be disallowed in public?

If you can not schedule yourself to allow your baby to eat every 4 hours without doing it in public than you shouldn't be a mother. Seriously! You are not even in public every 4 hours (unless you are at work which you shouldn't have your baby with you).
    completely irrelevant, as nobody is obliged to rearrange their schedule to comply with your "beliefs" anyway. you are incredibly self-entitled, aren't you? as the one with the beliefs, which you chose and which nobody else cares about, you are free to go home whenever you see something in public you don't like.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    I think it's fine in most places, just don't do it in a restaurant or the like, since some people find it to be gross and loose their apetite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    So, babies shouldn't be in public? After all, babies have to be nursed fairly often, and people's lives require them to be in public. Do you think dining or eating in general should be disallowed in public?
    Eurgh and when some ignorant fucker brings McDonalds or Burger King onto a crowded train carriage, and then even worse begins to eat it. The smell, oh my god.

Meanwhile, some woman exposes the top of her breast not disturbing anyone who doesn't actively get involved and 40% of the American populace loses their tiny minds.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I have zero problems with it, I don't see why a lot of women wouldn't just put a titty-blanket over themselves to stop the prudes from going "OMFG A BOOB!"

I mean sometimes some women do go over the top, I've seen some just flop out a tit and walk around with the baby on their hip not really feeding at all, which is a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by 8700kasper View Post
    I think it's fine in most places, just don't do it in a restaurant or the like, since some people find it to be gross and loose their apetite.
    Some people find short pants to be gross too.