Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fastest mine and herb farmer

I was just wondering what would be the fastest/most efficient class for herbing and mining. The options are

A DK on a sky golem, flight speed 492% with a 2 second cast after mining. Can herb without dismounting in the skygolem.
    A druid 451% flight speed, no 2 second cast after mining. can herb without dismounting in flight form.

I'd Imagen that the end result would only be a few herbs/ore at the end but I was just wondering what would be the most efficient.

Also bearing in mind for the next expansion.

If there is a thread on this topic already point me in the right direction, everyone's opinions are welcome.

Thanks, Dan

Deleted
    No flying for the next expansion, at least for the first few months. I'd go with a druid.

Would hunter be viable if they got a speed boost?

It seems that having a pet and FD would be useful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tauren DK in sky golem?
    Same shit, different day.
    Better busy than dead.

Deleted
    Druid all the way. Very efficient farming in areas you can fly. Even in WoD they will be good due to travel form and stealth. Best farming class by a long way imo.

I'd think Rogue.. cuz, well.. sap+vanish? Means you're no longer annoyed with mobs.. and if another player arrives at the scene you can also sap, steal node, stealth and go..

But seeing as you're limiting to DK/Druid. I'd say druid. Though it depends which is better geared to kill any mobs. And, how far you're travelling. In the long run, the higher speed of the DK will start to matter.
    Last edited by Tizdale; 2014-08-12 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you just want herbs, tauren dk/pala on a sky golem all the way
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if you just want herbs, tauren dk/pala on a sky golem all the way
    What's significant about the sky golem?

I say a tauren druid all the way for farming. Its also profitable to farm old zones and a druid herb has the edge there.

Quote Originally Posted by icehacka View Post
    What's significant about the sky golem?

I say a tauren druid all the way for farming. Its also profitable to farm old zones and a druid herb has the edge there.
    The Sky Golem doesn't dismount you when herbing
    Hi! I play a hunter. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkir View Post
    The Sky Golem doesn't dismount you when herbing
    Also mining? I never liked it enough to buy it but I'd totally buy it for my farmer now if that's the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar View Post
    Also mining? I never liked it enough to buy it but I'd totally buy it for my farmer now if that's the case.
    Sadly, no. Only herbing.

Druid flight form would be best for farming because you don't have to shape shift out to get it.

Run a couple of old raids and sell the shit you get. Buy 5 times as much herbs for the money you make compared to picking them yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they have removed 'on a pale horse' the dk speed increase (not sure if that means pally crusader aura is gone too?)

Id imagine most farming will be done in nagrand, the final leveling zone of WOD. In which you have a garrsion choice. You can choose to gain a mount, that can be mounted during combat giving you 200% run speed (still need to stand still for spells that require hard casting) but as a druid you also gain 200% movement speed while in cat and bear form.

Meaning instant mount, with 200% speed, and gains further speed increases from stampeding roar, dash (270% 'mounted says hi) rocket boost, feathers etc. If they ever enable flying druid insta flight form wins hands down. Nothing will come close to a tauren druid for farming herbs, they'll still have a slight edge over everything else for mining too.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I would pick druid too, shapeshifting is very efficient and way less frustrating than cast mounts/dismount for intense farming.

You don't need it to be Tauren with Forager's Gloves around. In the end it depends on how long you'd plan to herb. The more you do it, the better DK would be due to the speed increase.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86566/foragers-gloves
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

in Pandaria.
    /10characters

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

For herbs and mining I use a dk with sky golem and forager's gloves, it goes quite fast.

Hmmm, my gut was going to go with druid. I've tested druid versus non-druid pretty extensively but I actually haven't gotten my DK miner/herber up to 90 (he's 86). Fully buffed druids can pull about 1100 ore per hour out of Valley of the four winds if you're really hustling and incredibly lucky, and 1000 if you're just working it properly with average competition. Non druids pull 850-900. So, expect a 10% drop. However, the significant speed increase of the DK might make up for the 1.5 second mount cast time in the long run during the mop expansion.

During Warlords of Draenor, Druids have zero advantage, and only Taurens have a leg up. So, if the option is DK or Druid, go DK if you're planning to stick around for WoD. From my testing there, herbs are a little more spread out but we can still get ~600-800 per hour, and the DK buff will let you outrange your competition. In fact, I think DKs may need to be the prefered class...hmmmmm...

Deleted
    Why do you think druids have no advantage in WoD? 100% speed travel form for moving around quickly without cast time, plus stealth in kitty to get to certain nodes without pulling everything in sight sound like an advantage to me?