DOTA 2 officially ported to SOURCE 2 engine & 64 bit client !

HOW TO:

To launch dota 2, which works under Source 2 engine first you have to download DOTA 2 Workshop Tools from steam platform. Than launch newest file DOTA2.EXE localized in Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota_ugc\game\bin\win64

Newest engine is compatible with older brother SOURCE 1. In Dota 2 you can notice only very minor cosmetic graphic changes. On top of that, dota launches in newest 64bit version. It is faster and probably more stable itteration.

Keep in mind it is in alpha version.

And yet still no Techies.
    Gib Techies volvo

So, I've seen this around and I'm still a bit confused, is it currently only on the beta that it's fully up and running and it's coming soon for Dota 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And yet still no Techies.
    Gib Techies volvo

So, I've seen this around and I'm still a bit confused, is it currently only on the beta that it's fully up and running and it's coming soon for Dota 2?
    I'll take Source 2 and Workshop over Techies any day. You can play custom maps already in the 64-bit client, but right now it's very unreliable without friends or such - I tried finding a public Pudge Wars game today and on the average about 5 people failed to load to the game and it took me a while to get even one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'll take Source 2 and Workshop over Techies any day. You can play custom maps already in the 64-bit client, but right now it's very unreliable without friends or such - I tried finding a public Pudge Wars game today and on the average about 5 people failed to load to the game and it took me a while to get even one game.
    Oh I was just joking about the Techies thing, I really don't care about them, I'm more looking forward to what that relic thing will actually do that's suppose to unlock after the internationals and yet it still hasn't.

I'm just a bit out of the loop of what this really fully means honestly, just seems like a better engine basically?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh I was just joking about the Techies thing, I really don't care about them, I'm more looking forward to what that relic thing will actually do that's suppose to unlock after the internationals and yet it still hasn't.

I'm just a bit out of the loop of what this really fully means honestly, just seems like a better engine basically?
    Hopefully, the return of Bot Guy. And it should make it easier to fix bugs and workarounds on complicated gameplay changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you always have to launch it from the directory, or can you launch it from the Steam client?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Do you always have to launch it from the directory, or can you launch it from the Steam client?
    You can launch it via the Workshop tools which are in your Steam under Library > Tools. Though if you want to play custom maps, you need to enable Steam beta and subscribe to the custom games in the workshop and create/join lobbies through the normal Dota 2 client, for time being at least.

Things I first noticed:
    - Minimap is not blurred. Its crystal clear, especially fog of war and detail level. Much more detailed with trees and camp spots.

Anyone get to execute config? I cant be arsed to change all binds and options... and I cant find a way to execute config.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2014-08-12 at 07:44 PM.

Hope to see the Workshop Tools get more traction here. It's a bit boring how the conversation just seemed to drop off really sharply.