"Illuminati" conspiracy theories and the astounding amount of supporters

Seriously, did I miss a massive memo? It seems like there's some MASSIVE following claiming that the media and celebrities are actual satanic Illuminati members out to control the minds of common folk. Usually, I'd brush all of this off as your normal whack jobs making stupid videos. However, going through youtube shows millions upon millions of people liking and commenting on these videos.

Is it really that prevalent? Have you ever met someone that believes this stuff (apparently there's an astounding amount of supporters)? How did this entire movement start?

here's a link with the more popular videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...deo_view_count

Notice the sheer amount of views these videos get and the shocking truth that half or more of the people watching them agree with it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion of conspiracy theories is not permissible here, as per the General Off-Topic Forum Rules and Guidelines. Even in terms of saying "these theories are wrong and silly," you are still entering into a discussion on it, and it seems pretty unfair to let one side speak and restrict the side defending said theories from being allowed to defend their views.

Closed.