Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I noticed he often brings up this sort of anecdotal evidence. All too convenient numbers, examples and stories from his ingame experience that fit his arguments or counter any complaints about the game. But he never posts proof for any of them by posting his armory (while insulting others for not posting theirs on his demand) or the names of his realms or his battlegroup. He ignores any requests just like now.

Probably because most of it is invented or there is a dishonest twist about it.
    Who me?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pressor/simple

it will jump to 45 billion subs.

yes my answer is as useless as this thread. who knows...who cares...are we really gunna do this every quarter now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP maxed at 10 million at one point and now we are down to 6.8, so I'll go with it goes up to 7.5-7.9. Though, I do think it will eventually tank to below 6 or more after the launch content. I think if even a small portion of players that threatened to quit over flying go through with it, numbers could be ugly. I will be interested in the 2nd and 3rd quarter numbers next year, they will tells us where this train is head for the long haul. But think we could go below 5 million by the end of the expansion or at least close to another million like this expansion.

I am getting the indication that we will be getting smaller and smaller expansion overall with minimal level of content in each one or they could turn and just keep adding raid and dungeon tiers and save in development time by not creating leveling content, since we have now hit the century mark. If you want more leveling just institute a paragon type system like Diablo III.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    Pretending everything's peachy when you lose half the playerbase is still silly.
    If you enjoy playing the game why does it matter? When half the player base loss is split between 3 regions it has a far lesser effect on an individuals experience. I stop playing a game when it ceases to be fun, not when the number of subscribers drops below my imaginary threshold.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Who me?
    No not you. You are not the hypocrite insulting people for not posting their armories on demand, while insisting content is not over if you have not even tried the 10.000.000 laps around Orgimmar achievement and content draught is a myth, while evading every request to post his own.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree warcraftrealms is better, I always forget their name, and realmpop is as easy as google: "Warcraft server population" which is why I posted that link because any moron can find Realmpop, and at least it gives a statistic.

And to be clear here:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=554

Emerald Dream:

Guild: All
    Online Date: 2005-09-13
    Total Characters: 26,247
    Total Alliance: 5,732 - 22%
    Total Horde: 20,515 - 78%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 3.6
    Activity Ratio: 1 : 1.7
    14 : 224*
    * Last 30 days of activity.
    That is pretty amazing, when i was no there the Alliance out number the Horde by a little. ED, has surly lost a lot of people since I was on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I would be happy to see a pic or a vid as an example of a busy realm, something to hold against my proof of how busy a low-pop realm in GW2 is every single evening.
    Last time BenBos was talking about this I think there was something 7 or 8 in Hellfire, about 30 in Elwynn but none were within the level range to actually be levelling in it I ran the census addon at the time which from memory returned about 1300 on line. From memory the larger realms will have in excess of 4000 on line during peak times.

I think they will have gained somewhere between 5 and 8 subs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    or it turns out that there is loads of mistakes and another long tier at the end again, could easily be 5-6. They have done a long tier so many times now so never say never, i would say its another cata, starts great, and ends up as trash, i would honestly say that after wod they wont be over 7M, thats for sure, thats my guess.
    I really doubt with the 10-15 people they lost and 80+ people they brought on that it will be another long wait. Tom Chilton said in his interview, and its on the front page right now, that Warlords will be about 6 months late due to the struggle of integrating the new people and bringing their quality up to WoW standard.

So it should have come out in May instead of in November, which would have put Siege at 8 months instead of 14.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the first quarter post after the launch of WoD will be sometime in January after both raids are out. depending on what content is on the horizon at the point I see the game being somewhere around 7 million subs, decline of 500k in the 3rd quarter results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I noticed he often brings up this sort of anecdotal evidence. All too convenient numbers, examples and stories from his ingame experience that fit his arguments or counter any complaints about the game. But he never posts proof for any of them by posting his armory (while insulting others for not posting theirs on his demand) or the names of his realms or his battlegroup. He ignores any requests just like now.

Probably because most of it is invented or there is a dishonest twist about it.

PS: Concidentally you will probably hear something similar now that you mentioned warcraftrealms.com. It is very unpopular with some individuals here due to its accurate methods. So unpopular they fabricate rumors about errors in the data. Of course never posting any realms names, character names and numbers where these errors had occured.
    It's not even worth discussing with him anymore because it seems all logic is tossed out the window. I just cringe when I see a reply by him. I'm referring to the Boss also.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I agree warcraftrealms is better, I always forget their name, and realmpop is as easy as google: "Warcraft server population" which is why I posted that link because any moron can find Realmpop, and at least it gives a statistic.

And to be clear here:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=554

Emerald Dream:

Guild: All
    Online Date: 2005-09-13
    Total Characters: 26,247
    Total Alliance: 5,732 - 22%
    Total Horde: 20,515 - 78%
    A to H Ratio: 1 : 3.6
    Activity Ratio: 1 : 1.7
    14 : 224*
    * Last 30 days of activity.
    Warcraft realms is not always good for total population numbers. All numbers rely on presence of data. Even the hourly scan results.
    For example: If I am the only person to run a scan and only do it once at 1AM then the total alliance population would end up at 300 player after a month. This would negatively affect all types of stats you posted, except the total Horde population.

Your realm and the numbers you posted are an example of unreliable numbers. Only 14 entries for the alliance, many at morning and some of them incomplete and stopped while scanning. Even when on the horde has very reliable numbers the ratios between both factions are affected by unreliable and I think inaccurate alliance numbers.

While I am in favor of warcraft realms because its methodic provides numbers about real and active player, the numbers should only be used after checking the reliablity. And that is why I can approve of it. You can check it and make an assessment how accurate the numbers are. 250 scans over 30 days is a reliable number of scans for a faction, and that faction will have very accurate numbers, while one with only 10 is unreliable and could be inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    That is pretty amazing, when i was no there the Alliance out number the Horde by a little. ED, has surly lost a lot of people since I was on there.
    ED is still the most populated RP-PVP server.... although that doesn't mean a thing anymore since most of the Alliance has given up, hey look the third expansion in a row with Horde Bias.

Seriously they need to rename the game World of ThrallCraft: and the Glorious adventures of the Horde pwding the other guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Last time BenBos was talking about this I think there was something 7 or 8 in Hellfire, about 30 in Elwynn but none were within the level range to actually be levelling in it I ran the census addon at the time which from memory returned about 1300 on line. From memory the larger realms will have in excess of 4000 on line during peak times.
    I must admit thats more than i was expecting... maybe im seeing only the low-pop realm horror stories where players r complaining about realms lucky to get above 10 players online at peak time.

But either way i posted up the vid to kick sand in Benbos' face to show that he is bare faced lying about the state of GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I must admit thats more than i was expecting... maybe im seeing only the low-pop realm horror stories where players r complaining about realms lucky to get above 10 players online at peak time.

But either way i posted up the vid to kick sand in Benbos' face to show that he is bare faced lying about the state of GW2.
    I started running the census addon when /who on my realm which was listed as medium population would have less than 50 level 90s in Stormwind. To my surprise I found that despite the world feeling far more empty than back in Wrath there were around 600 online at peak times. Since then my realm has been merged there are now 1200-1300 online at peak times and it is listed as high pop but it still does not feel as vibrant as in Wrath. Whilst often WOW will have huge numbers online at any one time the shear size of the world plus the amount of instanced content can make it seem a lonely place.

Out of curiosity I created a character on Outland which apparently has the largest ally population, the census is still running but it has found 2456 level 90s online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still irrelevant, that's what the subs will be then.
    I'll either have fun with WoD and thus continue playing it, or not have fun and then quit because of it. The number of subs don't enter the equation to me.

I don't see this game bringing back many of the Vanilla-Wrath players who've played WC3 as you imagine. The ones I've spoken to are either disinterested or dissuaded by the alternate timeline. The thing is this isn't WC3, this is WoW. This isn't even the WoW they played when they stopped playing. I think the subscriber count will increase to 7.5 million for release and then continue to dwindle.

9 or 10 million in my opinion, won't break 10 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recent price increases in EU subscriptions, so I'm going to adjust my bet:

4.8 - 5.5 Million

Deleted
    Release data of WoD set on November 11. Chinese release will be probably 2-3 weeks later closer to the end of the quarter. So I adjust my predictions to:

Up to 7.4 Million in Q4 2014
    Stable 7.3 - 7.4 Million in Q1 2015
    Down to 6.4 - 6.6 Million in Q2 2015