Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this should be more up to blizzard than us.

So yeah, this is the perfect example of the current community compared to old school community. When an unknown player passed and was (quite publicly) eulogized, everybody (I knew and saw in chat) was in support of Blizzard doing such a reverent, respectful thing. Nowadays half the player base gets angry when Blizzard sneezes funny. I just don't understand how you could be so emotionally against something like this. If you don't like it, ignore it and fucking move on!

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Well that isn't an issue anymore because they already confirmed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    adding an ingame memorial for a real life celebrity who had nothing to do with the game apart from being a regular player doesn't make sense.

Just stop tying, typing like you know shit.. trying to get your point across. Just stop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jVCDHE6pI Capt Phil Harris from "Deadliest Catch" was added right after he died. Hardly a celebrity or even close to Robin and yet hes got a npc, he never played wow. So, make some more intelligent points to make your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    The petition is stupid, the memorial is necessary and inevitable. So long, funnyman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    ....... it allready is...... ?

Doesnt mean you cant request/talk about it? lol. Or is that now another tabu on these forums.

"dont talk about things you would like in the game, because blizzard should decide whats in it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    and that he killed himself only makes it more tragic.
    And very inappropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said they're already planning something. Also, you should try asking them if they'd thought about it or just suggest it, not make it into an ordeal and try to somehow strong-arm(?) them into it, however pointless that would be or foolish you'd make yourself look...
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    or foolish you'd make yourself look...
    Yeah because some avatars a game company will never see behind the screen will be made to look foolish, I should just delete everything Ive ever posted because I look foolish to people Ill never meet or know me. :s

Oh at these kids starting high school thinking they learn some new words and trying to pass off on a forum site as "knowledgeable"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    And very inappropriate.
    How is it inappropriate? They put memorials into the game for employees and other people who have died. That's what the point of a memorial is. Is it insulting to anyone to honour this man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How is it inappropriate?
    If I have to explain it, you won't understand it.

Bad idea.

Robin Williams killed himself. There's no way any sort of tribute or homage to him in WoW would be anything but a downer. If Paris Hilton killed herself, Haris Pilton would be removed from the game or renamed for the same reason.
    Yes and we never landed on the moon. The police THINK it was a suicide. It's not confirmed as one.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That sounds more like you don't have a reason.

Deleted
    A famous entertainer, who was also an avid WoW player, kills himself after suffering from depression and alcoholism and it's inappropriate to salute him? Yes you do have to explain why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Memorials are not to commemorate a person's death but to commemorate a person's life.

And very inappropriate.
    I don't see them planning to make fun of his death.

My objection is that I didn't find him funny and enjoyed very few of his movies. The only one that stands out that I enjoyed his performance in was Good Will Hunting, with the irony being that I loved his performance in that, but cringe at most of his other stuff. He had very little middle ground to me.

I don't ever recall laughing at him. Just not my style of humor I suppose.

His death is truly tragic. The saddest part to me was that you could see in his comedy and personal interviews that he's been struggling mentally for many years (ie. depression, emotional pain, etc). So much pain he's been trying to suppress. The others I would put on the watch list are Dana Carvey and Jim Carrey. Not they are the only ones, but those are comedians who I believe, like Robin Williams, use comedy to mask their pain. Anytime I see someone like them who has an extremely hard time letting any one see their real self, if makes me wonder - not to mention many of the comedy greats talk of living miserable lives. I would guess the ones that do better with it are the ones that can express their pain through their comedy in such a way as to allow others to see the humor in it. The ones that I'm concerned for (like I said above) are the ones who can't be themselves. Even in a 1 on 1 interview, they continue to try to slip into character after character to hide behind.

Regardless of any of that, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I can't imagine what they are going through attempting to cope with this tragedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That sounds more like you don't have a reason.
    I do and I've already stated it. I don't feel it's appropriate for Robin Williams to be represented in WoW... it's a gut feeling. I need no other reason.

Deleted
    I do and I've already stated it. I don't feel it's appropriate for Robin Williams to be represented in WoW... it's a gut feeling. I need no other reason.
    Its not really worth anything though. And a gut feeling shouldnt be stated as a fact
    "And very inappropriate."

Edit:
    Eh sorry, i didnt mean to say your gut feeling wasnt worth anything. Just that a gut feelind his highly subjective and cant really be used as a general thing
    Last edited by mmoc161019c902; 2014-08-12 at 04:52 AM.

I'd love to have Robin Williams in game. He was a great guy and a great entertainer, and it doesn't hurt anyone to have a tribute in game.