Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What made you pick a Shaman to play as?

For me it was this video for Enhancement. Kind of cheesy but it was entertaining to see people get one-shot by it.

That and Beavis' PvP stuff. I had started in BC so yeah. I don't play my Shaman as much anymore though, don't really like the MoP style of it. I'll probably give it another shot in WoD perhaps.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2014-08-12 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Awesomeness of Elemental Shaman.

Deleted
    I was bored in cata and fancied trying one out

And then for the first time since vanilla I decided try healing some dungeons while leveling...... I discovered two new loves

Deleted
    Chain Lightning. That is all.

2-handed-Enhancement... specially with http://www.wowhead.com/item=17182 in PVP

GM told me we need a dedicated shaman for heroism (during BC) so I rolled one. Just kinda stuck with it, whenever I got bored I just switched specs. They played so differently to each other it satisfied the re-roll itch.

I recently leveled a shaman just so I could get the amazing CM set for him.
    Mother pus bucket!

Totems, weapon imbues, Lightning Shield, the effect of Windfury...

I was like 12 years old and my friend told me about Frost Shock. I'm pretty sure that's it. 7 years later and Shaman is still my main class.

Deleted
    The endless nerfs and and the never changing design ever since 2004 made me pick a Shaman to play as.

Joking, aside... shaman in this game is the only "elemental"-type caster. When I first started playing 10 years ago, I enjoyed... but interest fades away with every expension, where other classes get new and exciting skills/mechanics and complete/half overhauls and you, as a Shaman, are stuck with more half arsed skills attached to this thing called totems, which should've been overhauled back at Cataclysm release.

Windfury.
    /10chars

Deleted
    Because the jack-of-all-trades bit sounded like fun, they were Horde exclusive, the totem mechanic sounded cool and the combination between melee and elemental magic seemed awesome.

Most of those reasons are completely obsolete now, but we got some pretty cool things in return. Being a (proper) healer is awesome for one. We still have the mail caster niche, which is nice. And I think Enh is still the most unique melee type.
    So even though a lot has changed, shamans are still awesome and I always come back to my trusty old troll sporting his kilt throwing totems left and right

10+ Year Old Account
    When shamans were added to Alliance side in tbc i made a draenei one. I have always looked the eredar/draenei look, so made one to try.
    I was a hunter during wotlk and got bored of it so rerolled to my shammy joined my friends in a raiding guild and never looked back. I love the playstyle of the shaman even as it has changed since wotlk.
    Last edited by Tenris; 2014-08-12 at 03:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Totems, weapon imbues, Lightning Shield, the effect of Windfury...
    because i thought i could play it like an engineer in TF2 with searing totem

Draenei could be shaman. I wanted a different play experience that hadn't previously been available to alliance.

Deleted
    http://vindieselisshaman.ytmnd.com/

=[]= shaman pride world wide =[]=

This character was my first upon coming into WoW. I had never played an MMO before. I wanted something that could do damage, so some people I knew suggested a Shaman. I began playing around the opening of AQ on US-Ursin. Getting to 60 was a shock because I was told, hey man can't wait for you to gear up and heal our raids! HEAL?! What!? I had been trolled.

Anyway I dealt with it for the rest of Vanilla, when the dual wield change hit in 2.0, I spec'd Enhancement and haven't looked back.
    Signature and Avatar made by Visenna
    Twitter:@Hakagan_ | Enhancement Blog: AstralShift.wordpress.com

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend suggested I try one out when I started to play retail. Until then I had always played rogues on private servers. I went Enh and I have never loved another melee class as much as I have with Enh. Tried Resto in Wrath it was fun esp " JESUS BEAMS", Chain Heal spam was the best. I tried Ele for a bit but never kept my attention.

I remember being out in the Burning Steppes on my Orc Huntress, and I saw a Tauren Shaman dropping totems that were shooting flames, and he was firing off lightning at dragons and I thought that was just freaking cool.

So later when some friends and my wife started playing WoW, I made a Shaman to play alongside them because I remembered it looking like a lot of fun, and reading up on them had me convinced.
    I liked healing a lot, but hated having to respec between questing and dungeoneering so I sort of shelved the Shaman and went back to Huntering, but got the Shaman back out later and dual spec was available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    "Shaman are complaining again guys, shall we look at them a bit more closely? Maybe there's some truth in what these people are saying...."

"Meh, let's just buff chain heal and healing rain then go have some lunch."

"Okey dokey!"