Deleted

General AOE advice for a Tank

hello all,

Ok i seem to be having a problem, I'm solo Tanking Garrosh Heroic at the moment, or last night at least for the first time. During the Transition period myself and a DK dps are tasked with eliminating the middle pack on the stairs immediately ahead of you when you're zoned into the transition period. We have the interrupts and stuff nailed, that isn't the problem.
    The problem would appear to be my 'Area of Effect damage', it would seem I'm not doing enough, ill explain what I'm doing for now and hopefully someone can help.

Before I zone in, I ensure I have 100% rage (even holding back on Garrosh to conserve it)
    Zoned in > Second Pot > Leap to the Adds > Recklessness > Macro (Dragon Roar, Beserker Rage & Bloodbath) > Interrupt cast > Thunder Clap > Shield Slam > Revenge

the first add, the nearest one of the three is usually dead now, but so should the whole pack apparently. Analysis after each fight showed I was doing between 5.5 to 6 million damage overall on the Adds during the phase.

I can say that I am Zoning into the phase with around 220-260k Vengeance, but I seem to be losing way too much DPS here. I'm wondering does 'Riposte' drop off before I can engage the Adds? And I'm just unlucky to not get a late dodge on Garrosh before we're zoned in. If that's the case then what can I do the max out my Damage here.

We played around with our set up and manage to kind of fix it but it was less than perfect, I just hate the fact that I'm some how being catered for to compensate for my apparent downfall, our Monk Tank who Solo'd it, apparently made Sushi of these Adds and it wasn't a problem at all.

Has anyone had similar problems or have advice for me please

thanks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can´t really remember if those adds melee hit at all. If not, dropping riposte is a real issue and will net into lost damage. A minor point could be to glyph thunderclap for a little bit of increased damage. But aside that and the usage of cleave with ultimatum proccs you are doing fine. Also, drop a skull banner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    well to start, don't compare a monk's AoE dmg to your own, as monks AoE is just silly. The adds don't melee you so you're going to have to do with the vengeance you have when you start the phase, which should last you long enough to get to the last bit of DPS'ing the adds down there at least.
    Changes you could make if you really are struggling would be dropping BB for Avatar (I know, sounds weird but if your role at that point is so important, it'll work), glyphing Thunderclap for the extra damage and if you are reeeeally desperate, throw everything out the window and drop DR for Bladestorm with all your CD's running. DR won't actually do *that* much since it'll split its damage between the 3 adds.

The mobs melee swing, so as soon as you engage them they'll swing at you and you'll lose all your vengeance. What I usually do when I fully solo the center pack (10man) is that I run to the first mob, TC with full vengeance > Shield Block+Shield Slam the front mob > Shockwave > Revenge (Front mob usually dead now) > Single target rotation on right mob > Diss Shout > zerg down the right mob before the next cast > Leap out charge the left mob as he is casting > Kill him off.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    The mobs melee swing, so as soon as you engage them they'll swing at you and you'll lose all your vengeance. What I usually do when I fully solo the center pack (10man) is that I run to the first mob, TC with full vengeance > Shield Block+Shield Slam the front mob > Shockwave > Revenge (Front mob usually dead now) > Single target rotation on right mob > Diss Shout > zerg down the right mob before the next cast > Leap out charge the left mob as he is casting > Kill him off.
    That sounds ok, are you sure they melee hit and it resets my Vengeance, riposte etc?

The first melee swing usually brings me from 400-500k vengeance to 40ish k
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I normally do 25 man heroic garrosh but due to some vacations, we did 10 man this week. I would pot, synapse springs, recklessness and run over, thunderclap to engage all 3 at same time and then shield slam/revenge while interrupting first cast. By that time first mob is dead, 2nd one at like 10% and third one ~50%, at which time my shadow priest partner would finish off middle group. then I would leap onto back right group to damage them all, thunder clap and shockwave before recklessness wore off and the group would be at 50% and the rest of dps help finish them off with me. We would have him transition at like ~23 energy.